First Among Equals: EOSL First Division 2022-23

9 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

Was at the Preston v Rosyth game today.

A red card for Rosyth midway through the first half ensured it would be a tough day for them. A deserved red; bit of a scuffle between players and then a punch aimed in the direction of a Preston player.

In fairness to Rosyth, they played well and had plenty of the ball and made a few chances, but two second half goals was too much for them to pull back!

No neutral linesmen at the day... the Rosyth chap running the line on one side was himself nearly sent off and needed a stern word or two from the ref to calm down after giving the ref pelters at both goals for not blowing for offside!

From my position, 1st goal looked onside.... 2nd looked tight!

Rosyth will take points from several of the more fancied clubs. Set piece free kicks anywhere around the box and they’ve got a guy who is deadly.

6 minutes ago, T H E Reeler said:

Rosyth will take points from several of the more fancied clubs. Set piece free kicks anywhere around the box and they’ve got a guy who is deadly.

Agreed. Even down to 10 men for majority of the game, there were still spells where they were the better side... Having now seen them, I'm a little surprised they are still pointless. Scoring seems to be a little bit of a problem for them just now and all their games look to have been tight encounters. Reckon if they can just get up and running with 3 points they'll relax a bit and push up the table a bit.

19 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Luncarty lead the way with Coldstream bottom despite beating the leaders in a cup tie last week.

An interesting league.

Screenshot 2022-08-136205615779284274216~2.png

Looks set up to be an interesting league, have taken in a few games this year and the standard of the games have been excellent.

5 hours ago, DonaldN123 said:

Looks set up to be an interesting league, have taken in a few games this year and the standard of the games have been excellent.

Don’t know so much about the overall standard. But every team can do damage. There’ll be very many strange and unexpected results throughout the season. 
21/22 seemed to be a two horse race between Leith and Haddington. It seems a bit more balanced this season. 

Theres always going to be unexpected events that will take everyone by surprise. It’s these unforeseen circumstances that may have the biggest say.

17 minutes ago, T H E Reeler said:

Don’t know so much about the overall standard. But every team can do damage. There’ll be very many strange and unexpected results throughout the season. 
21/22 seemed to be a two horse race between Leith and Haddington. It seems a bit more balanced this season. 

Theres always going to be unexpected events that will take everyone by surprise. It’s these unforeseen circumstances that may have the biggest say.

I think with the teams that came down and the leagues merging it makes it hard to call, although so far luncarty & Dunbar are looking good.

I didn’t see much of conference A last year, seen a-lot of the glens and other fife based teams although the Hi Hi seemed to make it looked comfortable in the end.

1 hour ago, DonaldN123 said:

I think with the teams that came down and the leagues merging it makes it hard to call, although so far luncarty & Dunbar are looking good.

I didn’t see much of conference A last year, seen a-lot of the glens and other fife based teams although the Hi Hi seemed to make it looked comfortable in the end.

Haddington done very well. They’ve set the standard.

What I’m clearly seeing within this division is a wide range of facilities. 
Having visited several grounds in this league, it’s clear that several clubs have prioritised ground improvements, comfort and safety for those attending. Others clearly haven’t bothered in this respect. 
It must be difficult to fund improvements - everything seems to be increasing in cost. 
 But there’s no getting away from the fact that facility wise, there’s a a lot of room for improvement(s).

I’m unsure of the SFA standards for admission, but the EoSFA seem to have set the bar fairly low. That’s probably to acknowledge that most clubs simply cannot afford to throw money around. The priority being the managers budget and ground improvements lagging way behind. 

If I ever win the lottery I’ll happily spread some cash around. 
I may play several more lines, but sadly I’m never  a winner… 

5 hours ago, stulch said:

Saturday, 20th August 2022

First Division

2.30pm

Dunipace (5) v. Leith Ath. (9)

So just the one game.

Both of those clubs more than capable of finishing in the higher positions of the league table. Including the promotion spots. 
The league will become tighter, but who can doubt Luncarty after the start that they’ve had?

On 19/08/2022 at 23:57, stulch said:

Saturday, 20th August 2022

First Division

2.30pm

Dunipace (5) v. Leith Ath. (9)

So just the one game.

Did anyone watch the game? Seemed to be a bit of a goal fest, was expecting dunipace to come out on top for this one so just shows what a tight league it’s going to be.

I watched the glens at home to broom hill who ran out 1-0 winners against the lowland league team. They looked a lot more solid a unit from the last time I seen them fall 7-3 to high flying luncarty.

59 minutes ago, DonaldN123 said:

Did anyone watch the game?

Yes.

Defences not on top.

First time I've ever seen a team make 4 substitutions at half time.

The Leith number 15 is a twat.

• 3 weeks later...

Coldstream look to have picked up a couple of good results as Dunbar and Luncarty , you would expect, will be up near the top come May 2023.  

I agree regards the standards of grounds, it’s the same throughout all the EoS leagues.  Not many to write home about….

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Shippy call off... KDY understandably pointing out they'll lose out on four figures with hospitality booked for the derby match.

Just had a thought about this one.

It shouldn't really be happening at this level but should clubs be able to request a non fixture,move kick off times or days on an international weekend?

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

It shouldn't really be happening at this level but should clubs be able to request a non fixture,move kick off times or days on an international weekend?

Not entirely sure about your question but Inverkeithing have moved their game to Friday night (today), while Kilwinning have done the same in the WOS. 

I can’t really understand this one, if players are more committed to having a bevvy and going to an international fixture than playing the game then surely they should move to the amateur game as that is what they are perceived to then be, and before says well not wanting a bevvy just wanna go to the game, it is a 7:45 kick off plenty of time to play and then shower and head through even from Kirkcaldy

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

should clubs be able to request a non fixture,move kick off times or days on an international weekend?

EOSL clubs can alter date or kickoff on any weekend.

Seldom a week passes without such.

Dundonald v Inverkeithing tomorrow afternoon is now Inverkeithing v Dundonald tonight. There are 2 altered kickoffs on Wednesday. Jeanfield v Brechin last week was at lunchtime. Tweedmouth v Easthouses week before came forward 3 days.

Scotland v Israel last season (which was 5pm) saw Burntisland v Lochore go Friday and 4 games adjusted kickoffs.

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, StevenWaledzik said:

I can’t really understand this one, if players are more committed to having a bevvy and going to an international fixture than playing the game then surely they should move to the amateur game as that is what they are perceived to then be, and before says well not wanting a bevvy just wanna go to the game, it is a 7:45 kick off plenty of time to play and then shower and head through even from Kirkcaldy

I never mentioned drink so don't know what part you don't understand. 

I was more thinking of the clash between club and country be it from Kirkcaldy or not. 

HJ has answered it perfectly though. 

I never mentioned drink so don't know what part you don't understand. 
I was more thinking of the clash between club and country be it from Kirkcaldy or not. 
HJ has answered it perfectly though. 

I know you didn’t mention drink, but what I am saying is that players (most of whom are paid) deciding to go watch Scotland rather than play for a club doesn’t show commitment to the clubs, what about players at, championship, league 1, league 2, lowland league these guys play, so why should it be any different to EOSL or WOSL,

'Derby day' tomorrow.

In a triumvirate of Fife derbies Kennoway v Glenrothes is at a host still awaiting their 1st win, while in Lochore v Rosyth both seek vital points. Kirkcaldy & Dysart v Burntisland is cancelled. Camelon v Dunipace in the Falkirk derby finds the hosts surprisingly 2nd bottom, but they won this match-up 4-1 last month in EQC.

Preston v Dunbar in the East Lothian derby finds both clubs firmly top 6, while Whitehill v Newtongrange in the Midlothian derby holds 2 of last season's relegated Premier sides. Coldstream v Leith finds both clubs with priorities at opposite ends of the table.

'Match of the Day' is the Perthshire derby Luncarty v Kinnoull: that's 3rd v 1st.