First Among Equals: EOSL First Division 2022-23

This looks like an especially exciting tier. Camelon, Dunbar, Newtongrange and Whitehill join the top 7s in last season's Conferences A & B - except promoted Oakley and Haddington - to contest a single EOSL First Division for the first time since 2014-15. No exaggerating to say 9 or 10 clubs will be targeting the 3 or 4 promotion spots, with the rest (and maybe some of the former) straining to avoid the similarly-numbered relegation spots.

image.png.d6eeaf4842327346cf1891bd7e9c11db.png          image.png.422a1013f28c80b72c1af920889db4af.png

Leith return to Meadowbank Stadium.

Opening fortnight:

image.png.608bd68a137707afea4797d9b2bfa01e.png
image.png.06431bcff7360abb61be40ec496ac262.png

image.png.9da39858db294293d6cf4d8bc2889790.png
image.png.2b0e2135620256d8ed70d74ca7148c5b.png
image.png.d1b9c76d81800e46ba8926116d489289.png
image.png.6f389eee6ec8e6195749e82dc48306b2.png

image.png.cd24bdc7d93df1238d3dc2230546de42.png
image.png.c6566cfb743af1fee7052a7e5dd69ce4.png
image.png.257ea687f5a45074e5b8362cd8ed1471.png

image.png.f07028080ec014c4976eb03a13f63469.png
image.png.294c9f9a562f28afbe0fdfc64a7fcc5b.png

image.png.d27c5e2001ea2ec0ecb07f9367d907db.png
image.png.d7b0dc002d19ff96e383b5eaa806d79d.png

New Year derbies:

image.png.fa6803ca88c84158ef1d8d784158b3be.png
image.png.badcc8d23f3807339d1c19aec5ca4663.png

Last week:

image.png.7b42f6b9d186410c8da8e99ece39963b.png
image.png.e0dfa075455eded50192a354349d138f.png

image.png.22b5b30575e69155ab5a1362c905e8e3.png
image.png.341479f974cfb1fcbed5450c6006ba6b.png

Edited by HibeeJibee

• 3 weeks later...

Division One
Burntisland Shipyard 1-2 Lochore Welfare
Camelon 1-2 Kinnoull
Coldstream 1-6 Kirkcaldy & Dysart
Dunipace 3-1 Newtongrange Star
Glenrothes 2-1 Preston Ath
Kennoway Star 2-3 Leith Ath
Rosyth 1-2 Dunbar Utd
Whitehill Welfare 1-5 Luncarty

Great, and deserved, win for a depleted Pace.

Very disappointed in Nitten - they'll need to up their game if they want to go straight back up.

On 30/07/2022 at 18:19, Pumphyman said:

Division One
Burntisland Shipyard 1-2 Lochore Welfare
Camelon 1-2 Kinnoull
Coldstream 1-6 Kirkcaldy & Dysart
Dunipace 3-1 Newtongrange Star
Glenrothes 2-1 Preston Ath
Kennoway Star 2-3 Leith Ath
Rosyth 1-2 Dunbar Utd
Whitehill Welfare 1-5 Luncarty

Only one of four; (Dunbar)., who were relegated last season won one opening match day in 1st division. Probably worse one was Whitehill’s hammering at home to Luncarty. Saw Kinnoul in a cup tie towards the end of last season, and if they kept the nucleus of that squad, no shock in their away win at Camelon. 

Certainly no easy ride for straight return to Premier League next season for any of the four.

On 31/07/2022 at 22:29, Casey Jones said:

Only one of four; (Dunbar)., who were relegated last season won one opening match day in 1st division. Probably worse one was Whitehill’s hammering at home to Luncarty. Saw Kinnoul in a cup tie towards the end of last season, and if they kept the nucleus of that squad, no shock in their away win at Camelon. 

Certainly no easy ride for straight return to Premier League next season for any of the four.

Yes a tough welcome to the First for the relegated sides.  Whitehill looked to have a shocker, but I note they have already moved to sign a new goalkeeper after conceding 5.  I'm going to spread my bets by saying I fancy a team starting DUN to do well this season... 🙂

On 31/07/2022 at 22:29, Casey Jones said:

Whitehill will be no where near winning the league

Season has just started and we have teams written off already😅😅.

All I’m saying is that it’s not over until it’s over. Last seasons Premier went to the wire before it was all done and dusted for the relegated teams. 
We also seen teams who were seemingly destined for the bottom four to escape by putting a few unexpected winning games together, whilst others uncontrollably imploded.
Hopefully it’s going to be a competitive division this season. 
There’s an awful lot of external factors in this particular mix. There’s many pitches that frankly will be a disaster zone throughout the winter period. Maybe the weather will be kind. There’s also a few cage grounds of which personally I’m not a fan. Then there’s the inevitable injury run, postponements and cup competitions also in schedule. Add in one or two questionable refereeing decisions which can easily change the outcome of a game. Factors that can be controlled include player transfers and release, and the elephant in the room management changes - resignations/sackings/greener pastures.
It’ll be interesting. 

22 hours ago, RedLichty said:

Yes a tough welcome to the First for the relegated sides.  Whitehill looked to have a shocker, but I note they have already moved to sign a new goalkeeper after conceding 5.  I'm going to spread my bets by saying I fancy a team starting DUN to do well this season... 🙂

Maybe a shocker but Luncarty put 7 past Glenrothes last night. Credit where credit due for Luncarty's start. 

22 hours ago, central staggie said:

Whitehill will be no where near winning the league

Canny find a post anywhere saying they would. 

22 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Canny find a post anywhere saying they would. 

It was merely an (fairly obvious, granted) observation. As one of the 4 teams who went down last year (as quoted in the original post) you'd have thought it might have been a target for them.

Then again, maybe not. I'll be sure to check with you beforehand next time though.

Edited by central staggie

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/whitehill-welfare-boss-andrew-kidd-sets-out-ambitious-goal-for-the-season-3755591

Whitehill Welfare boss Andrew Kidd sets out ambitious goal for the season

An immediate return to the East of Scotland Premier Division is the aim for Whitehill Welfare boss Andrew Kidd following their relegation to the First Division.

“Our aim next season is to come straight back up. We would like to win the league but our priority is to get promoted. Whitehill as a club are too big to be at this level, no disrespect to any of the other teams, but for as long as I have known Whitehill, they should be playing in the highest league.

9 hours ago, central staggie said:

It was merely an (fairly obvious, granted) observation. As one of the 4 teams who went down last year (as quoted in the original post) you'd have thought it might have been a target for them.

Then again, maybe not. I'll be sure to check with you beforehand next time though.

So you've observed WW won't be winning the league after one league game based on Casey's original post stated "certainly no easy ride for straight return to Premier league next season for any of the four". 

Still looking for a post to say they (WW) would WIN the league ? 

No need to check in wi anybody though :lol:

Any reason why you've written WW off were you there last Saturday must've been a hard watch but 12 goals in 2 games from Luncarty is impressive form? 

Edited by newcastle broon

6 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

So you've observed WW won't be winning the league after one league game based on Casey's original post stated "certainly no easy ride for straight return to Premier league next season for any of the four". 

Still looking for a post to say they (WW) would WIN the league ? 

No need to check in wi anybody though :lol:

Any reason why you've written WW off were you there last Saturday must've been a hard watch but 12 goals in 2 games from Luncarty is impressive form? 

My observation wasn't based on something Casey said, although I was agreeing with his sentiment. My observation was based on the fact they're shit.

Hope this clears it up 👍🏻

Luncarty are doing rather well (yesterday excepted) - any reasons for this?
Not sure tbh, I did not expect them to be up there, but their first two results have been hugely impressive.

In Preston Athletic news, another disappointing result yesterday but at least this time they scored a stoppage time goal rather than losing one.

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Luncarty are doing rather well (yesterday excepted) - any reasons for this?

Luncarty where always a difficult time to play just not consistent enough. This season they signed rhys davies best striker for a few years at this level. 50 goals each season for kinnoull