Second to None: EOSL Second Division 2022-23

13 minutes ago, Marten said:

Can't find anything about that online. I wonder what this is for.

Edinburgh United have been deducted 2 points. Ineligible player 17 September
* Edinburgh United have been deducted 3 points. Ineligible player 18 March

20 hours ago, Eednud said:
Edinburgh United have been deducted 2 points. Ineligible player 17 September
* Edinburgh United have been deducted 3 points. Ineligible player 18 March

The first one was relating to a game against us which originally ended 0-0 but we were awarded a 1-0 win which we didn't know anything about until later.  The second related to a game against St. Andrews which they had lost anyway.

Bit perplexed though as we spoke with people at our match at Lochgelly who said they had lodged a complaint against Edinburgh United for illegal players (claiming there were at least "3 ringers" in Edinburgh's side and that there was apparently 3 other sides putting in protests against Edinburgh).  The guy we spoke to Lochgelly was adament of the offence in their game, so it's odd that this hasn't been picked up on.

Saying that, just punishing the one offence is enough to make a material difference, I guess.

40 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

So Edinburgh United now relegated.   The amount of points deductions this season is embarrassing, particularly in the Premier.

I saw that Edinburgh United had been deducted points but didn’t realise that put them in the bottom three. There hasn’t been any announcement from the EOS about them being relegated which is strange.

I believe there will be an increased emphasis on scrutinising team lines next year as the league have said there are far too many ineligible players and mistakes being made on teamlines.

2 hours ago, Burgh1909 said:

The first one was relating to a game against us which originally ended 0-0 but we were awarded a 1-0 win which we didn't know anything about until later.  The second related to a game against St. Andrews which they had lost anyway.

Bit perplexed though as we spoke with people at our match at Lochgelly who said they had lodged a complaint against Edinburgh United for illegal players (claiming there were at least "3 ringers" in Edinburgh's side and that there was apparently 3 other sides putting in protests against Edinburgh).  The guy we spoke to Lochgelly was adament of the offence in their game, so it's odd that this hasn't been picked up on.

Saying that, just punishing the one offence is enough to make a material difference, I guess.

Sure it was Ormiston (i could be getting team mixed up) as well who stated they had played 4 ineligible players in game against them. Apparently Lochgelly had photographic evidence a player wasn't who it was claimed to be on the team sheet 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, patriot1 said:

I saw that Edinburgh United had been deducted points but didn’t realise that put them in the bottom three. There hasn’t been any announcement from the EOS about them being relegated which is strange.

I believe there will be an increased emphasis on scrutinising team lines next year as the league have said there are far too many ineligible players and mistakes being made on teamlines.

They said at the agm last night their will be more scrutinising to avoid as many points deductions

3 hours ago, Burnieman said:

So Edinburgh United now relegated.   The amount of points deductions this season is embarrassing, particularly in the Premier.

I can't think of a season like this before..  not just the amount, which seems way more than ever, but that there has been teams deducted points more than once. 

34 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

I can't think of a season like this before..  not just the amount, which seems way more than ever, but that there has been teams deducted points more than once. 

The three teams deducted points more than once are all at or near the bottom of their leagues, probably struggling for players so that's when registration mistakes creep in.

Edited by Ginaro

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

The three teams deducted points more than once are all at or near the bottom of their leagues, probably struggling for players so that's when registration mistakes creep in.

Burntisland was another that was only relegated because of a points deduction (failed to fulfil a fixture).

Edited by Footballfirst

Maybe just shows... if you have a small squad, just register your coaching/backroom staff too. May seem ridiculous and is ideally never needed, but better to fulfil a fixture with guys you have registered (even if they are just making up numbers) and taking a beating, than skipping the fixture or fielding some "trialists"

4 hours ago, Reader said:

Sure it was Ormiston (i could be getting team mixed up) as well who stated they had played 4 ineligible players in game against them. Apparently Lochgelly had photographic evidence a player wasn't who it was claimed to be on the team sheet 🤷‍♂️

Yes, Lochgelly mentioned to us about photographic evidence and said there were other clubs putting in protests.

Surely if you were short etc, you'd field them as "trialists" and problem solved. The fact this isn't the case raises the question that they've been potentially guilty of this a number of times.

As I say, we learned we had been awarded the points a month after our game back in September with them. We had no idea of any issues.

But it just does make you wonder how many times they may have done this. The side they played against us in the return fixture was significantly stronger than played at their place. Now makes me question their "integrity" and if we were 'duped' again?

No smoke without fire...

Edited by Burgh1909

39 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

Maybe just shows... if you have a small squad, just register your coaching/backroom staff too. May seem ridiculous and is ideally never needed, but better to fulfil a fixture with guys you have registered (even if they are just making up numbers) and taking a beating, than skipping the fixture or fielding some "trialists"

The issue seems to be as much them playing ringers under registered players names (as per Lochgelly's claim) so signing your management team as players probably lends them to potentially exploiting this issue further.

Bring in photo 

9 hours ago, Reader said:

Bring in photo id teamlines like the Sunday league has . Sorts all this ringers carry on out.

3 hours ago, Gazzah said:

Bring in photo 

Bring in photo id teamlines like the Sunday league has . Sorts all this ringers carry on out.

Is a good shout, shouldn't be that hard to add photo Id for each player registered with the clubs.

4 hours ago, Gazzah said:

Bring in photo 

Our amateur league had to do this because of teams thinking they could get away with playing ringers. If it turns out to be true, their EoS registration should be under investigation 

On 20/05/2023 at 15:14, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

At Ormiston v Craigroyston. Currently 2-1 to Ormiston as we approach HT.

The guy on the Ormiston bench who made the “take the basketball off him” quip against the visiting No.6? Genuinely hope you find the enlightenment you clearly need, you nasty little racist.

Perhaps not at the extreme end of the racist spectrum, but firmly on the spectrum and not acceptable.

This wonderful wee country is full of these casual racists who think they are funny. Find a lot if them down here in Galloway who still use terms like: chink, paki, paddy, ***** etc, in everyday conversation.

You'd be amazed at how often visitors who ain't peely wally get stared at around the county.