Second to None: EOSL Second Division 2022-23

5 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Good win for the Burnie on Saturday,was in attendance. 

Tough after getting Darren Potts our keeper sent off after 15 mins or so,but the lads knuckled down and came away convincing 4-0 winners,despite the early setback. 

Under 20s keeper Blair Gallagher who came on did well. Whitburn are in a good position with keepers with Jack Wilsdon as well, although I guess he wasn't there on Saturday.

2 hours ago, shuggie123 said:

Under 20s keeper Blair Gallagher who came on did well. Whitburn are in a good position with keepers with Jack Wilsdon as well, although I guess he wasn't there on Saturday.

Aye shuggie,he didn't look fazed at all 👍

I guess Daz will be suspended for the next game but no worries after what I seen fae the young lad.

Good to see lots of folk wearing the new "burnie" beanie hat .

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Looks like this is the updated table after Syngenta's results wiped. Not quite as tight at the top, but still plenty of teams in the chase.

image.png.ae4d082e233ecf52184b6eafc9a6430b.png

This is what the standings had been previously.

image.png.d919a69f17f53357647a6da494fc4a39.png

Really good to see Tweedmouth doing so well. They have shown that hard work and having the correct principles can be successful. Kudos to all across the bridge.

10 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Looks like this is the updated table after Syngenta's results wiped. Not quite as tight at the top, but still plenty of teams in the chase.

image.png.ae4d082e233ecf52184b6eafc9a6430b.png

This is what the standings had been previously.

image.png.d919a69f17f53357647a6da494fc4a39.png

It's a shame that only three are now going down as four would have mixed up the third division more but I suppose that's fair. I was sorting hoping an extra team would be promoted though even without an EoS net loss of one... 

34 minutes ago, stulch said:

It's a shame that only three are now going down as four would have mixed up the third division more but I suppose that's fair. I was sorting hoping an extra team would be promoted though even without an EoS net loss of one... 

The third division will be down to nine next season as things stand.  If EoS/Lowland league positions stay as they are, the EoS loses a further club and it's down to eight.  At what point does it become no longer viable?

13 minutes ago, sdr71 said:

The third division will be down to nine next season as things stand.  If EoS/Lowland league positions stay as they are, the EoS loses a further club and it's down to eight.  At what point does it become no longer viable?

Maybe i'm missing something, but won't the 3rd Division still end up with 10? As it would lose 3 to promotion and gain 3 from relegation

image.png.28ad85822b451557c0fa1d5ea944cc38.png

image.png.ca6422cca73587a6d10524f68833a724.png

I think once things settle down, they will look to levelling up Div2 and 3. From what has been said before, a regional split is out the question so at least have leagues of 14/12 eventually. If done with a Premiership style split, that would give 32 and 27 league games. The other option would be 39 and 33 game seasons but that’s pushing it

It would be unfair to relegate another club from this season on the back of a club above them pulling out.

2 hours ago, searchers1963 said:

It will actually be 11 as second division going to 16 next season

FWF was referring to the situation if Linlithgow replace Dalbeattie in the Lowland League.

At the moment it is three down and two up but the above scenario would see an extra team promoted from the third leaving ten teams in the bottom division.

3 hours ago, searchers1963 said:

It will actually be 11 as second division going to 16 next season

12 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

FWF was referring to the situation if Linlithgow replace Dalbeattie in the Lowland League.

At the moment it is three down and two up but the above scenario would see an extra team promoted from the third leaving ten teams in the bottom division.

As Patriot1 points out it was an illustration of EoS Premier champion being promoted with no replacement coming down from the Lowland League. Since that was the point being made by the person I was commenting on.

16-16-17-10

becoming 1-16-16-16-10 essentially.

4 hours ago, Spyro said:

I think once things settle down, they will look to levelling up Div2 and 3. From what has been said before, a regional split is out the question so at least have leagues of 14/12 eventually. If done with a Premiership style split, that would give 32 and 27 league games. The other option would be 39 and 33 game seasons but that’s pushing it

It would be unfair to relegate another club from this season on the back of a club above them pulling out.

I doubt that there will be any further re-organisation unless it's absolutely necessary.  Next season the third div will be 10 or 11, that provides plenty room for any prospective new applicants.

Edited by Burnieman

2 hours ago, sdr71 said:

Hawick beat Vale of Leithen in midweek.  When was the last time they recorded back-to-back wins?

... in midweek, when added Vale win to beating Ormiston in KC last Saturday 😛. Before that Jan-Feb last season. Last won 3 on trot Mar-Apr 2016 (AFAICS).

Today broke 2022-23 league duck.

• 2 weeks later...