Second to None: EOSL Second Division 2022-23

2 hours ago, fanfromafar said:

Why?

Old news just getting confirmed, Syngenta Executive Committee playing football manager was the problem, building something for 3 years then walking I can imagine being a hard thing to do and a Toy or not its something that he built

I think all eyes should be on Syngenta Exec committee and heads roll as to why this has happened.

The club are 60 years old, not 3.

Masquerading as a "pathway" from the youth setup and "links to the community" then punting the kids out after a few bad results for some well paid hammer throwers. Results and ego meaning more than youth and community which is what the club was built on and lost it's identity

Edited by Spyro

3 hours ago, Spyro said:

The club are 60 years old, not 3.

Masquerading as a "pathway" from the youth setup and "links to the community" then punting the kids out after a few bad results for some well paid hammer throwers. Results and ego meaning more than youth and community which is what the club was built on and lost it's identity

Not sure ut was kids that made up the initial juniors team they had I'm sure Kevin mckinley was there that at linlithgow.

Which boys clubs have kept yo there ethos. How many have tynecastle or hutchie vale had in their team. Never has and never will be team of graduates.

Complete agenda

1 minute ago, alan862 said:

Not sure ut was kids that made up the initial juniors team they had I'm sure Kevin mckinley was there that at linlithgow.

Which boys clubs have kept yo there ethos. How many have tynecastle or hutchie vale had in their team. Never has and never will be team of graduates.

Complete agenda

Pretty sure the intial team was a 2000s team and it was Willie Irvine and Tam Bettie that were Manager/Assistant. As per Syngenta they wanted results over development and 100% sure they binned Willie Irvine and Tam and then Pennies came in at the last hour when both teams were pretty much going to fold.

The rest is history as they say and Syngenta money man or not moved some waves in 3 years. SFA member Club, U20s and U18s...Wink wink, see what I did there Alan lol a just cant help myself.

12 hours ago, Kemlin Dan said:

Pretty sure the intial team was a 2000s team and it was Willie Irvine and Tam Bettie that were Manager/Assistant. As per Syngenta they wanted results over development and 100% sure they binned Willie Irvine and Tam and then Pennies came in at the last hour when both teams were pretty much going to fold.

The rest is history as they say and Syngenta money man or not moved some waves in 3 years. SFA member Club, U20s and U18s...Wink wink, see what I did there Alan lol a just cant help myself.

Kev mckinley was there as player/coachbprobably was young team with a few players in

Think this is what it'll look like with Syngenta's results voided. Main benefactor is Dalkeith who jump to a promotion spot while improving their goal difference as they lost 5-0.

While Arniston lose the points on the board advantage with the recent 2-1 win voided. In the chasing pack Stirling Uni EoS & Heriot-Watt also lose some points.

Relegation largely unchanged bar goal difference improvements. Although Ormiston find themselves further adrift from safety.

image.png.34ca9d4129552bb72056a79b364d7746.png

image.png.89ff6b433a0ac84d881f9be28a629df3.png

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Think this is what it'll look like with Syngenta's results voided. Main benefactor is Dalkeith who jump to a promotion spot while improving their goal difference as they lost 5-0.

While Arniston lose the points on the board advantage with the recent 2-1 win voided. In the chasing pack Stirling Uni EoS & Heriot-Watt also lose some points.

Relegation largely unchanged bar goal difference improvements. Although Ormiston find themselves further adrift from safety.

image.png.34ca9d4129552bb72056a79b364d7746.png

image.png.89ff6b433a0ac84d881f9be28a629df3.png

Does the EoS reprieve a team (i.e. fourth bottom) or promote an extra team from the division below? Assuming the standard way is to reprieve a team.

15 minutes ago, stanley said:

Does the EoS reprieve a team (i.e. fourth bottom) or promote an extra team from the division below? Assuming the standard way is to reprieve a team.

I would imagine that Syngenta finish as "18th" so everyone else moves up to take up the places

35 minutes ago, stanley said:

If the EOS were to lose a team on net to the LL (i.e. Rose beat Darvel, and Dalbeattie relegated) it would be an extra team in the First/Second/Third Divisions being promoted, so presumably would be the same when a space opens up due to Syngenta. Edinburgh College v West Calder United for 3rd...

As the Second was already working with a surplus of 2 clubs, Syngenta going bust doesn't really change anything.

3rd in the Third Division will still be left hoping for the EoS Champion going up with no one down from the LL.

On paper the Third Division next season will be 11 clubs instead of 12. Potentially 10 again if the EoSFL has to fill a net loss.

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

everyone else moves up to take up the places

Effectively.

Regs - which have taken this form for 4yr - say:
clubs finishing 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th in the Second Division will be relegated

not for example:
clubs finishing last, second last, third last and fourth last
(i.e. what LL had when Selkirk quit unexpectedly imperilling Whitehill)

nor for example:
clubs finishing in the bottom four

If only 17 clubs are placed, then nobody is 18th, AFAICS.

Logical as anybody resigning mid-campaign is usually struggling. If say Hawick 'threw in towel' it would be odd for somebody who was above them to unexpectedly go down in consequence.

Absolutely superb result from St Andrews today at Thornton. Five up after only 22 mins and featuring one of the fastest hat tricks in the clubs history.

Thanks to the weather this was the chance to play one of our games in hand and we have now put a bit of space between ourselves and the sides below us.