Heriot-Watt University 1-1 Syngenta
Lochgelly Albert 2-3 Easthouses Lily MW
Newburgh Juniors 4-1 Hawick Royal Albert
Peebles Rovers 3-0 Edinburgh United
Stirling University EoS 4-0 Thornton Hibs
Tweedmouth Rangers 3-1 Arniston Rangers
Whitburn 4-1 Craigroyston

image.png.5be7571cdc5f724d51e95548cd9c2b8b.png

I couldn’t make todays game but by all accounts it was a comfortable win for the Saints today.

They gifted Dalkeith an early goal with a goalkeeping mistake then dominated the rest of the game, hitting the woodwork twice and missing plenty of chances.

The next few weeks will tell us plenty about Dalkeith as they play Stirling, Syngenta, Whitburn and Thornton in their next four games.

15 hours ago, patriot1 said:

I couldn’t make todays game but by all accounts it was a comfortable win for the Saints today.

They gifted Dalkeith an early goal with a goalkeeping mistake then dominated the rest of the game, hitting the woodwork twice and missing plenty of chances.

The next few weeks will tell us plenty about Dalkeith as they play Stirling, Syngenta, Whitburn and Thornton in their next four games.

I predict that Dalkeith won't gather more than a single point from those games . . . 

• 3 weeks later...

Tweedmouth, Newburgh and Peebles are certainly bucking some people's low expectations of provincial sides for the moment at least - Hawick alone are currently in bottom 7; indeed rest are from Lothians together with Lochgelly.

Tweedmouth actually top half for now with 50% win rate - plus 8 of next 10 games v sides below them. They also ran Dunbar and Lochore close in the cups.

Tweedmouth have been brilliant from day 1. Took a few hiding but never changed from the plan and made themselves a good wee team that can hold their own. Can't see them rising too much further but they've found a decent level and they definitely add to the party

They are doing some excellent work over there in Tweedmouth. When I was there last year I had an excellent conversation with one of their committee members, who I'm still in touch with now. They've set up a proper community club and done a lot to improve their facilities. They're realistic enough to know that they probably won't really get much higher up the pyramid, but they are happy to now have found their level and not be whipping boys like in the past.

I went along to Arniston v St Andrews despite a shocking hangover.

Not a bad game on a nice late Autumn day. There was a good turnout of Saints fans and they were rewarded with a late winner. I'd saw Saint Andrews were probably the better team what I saw but Arniston made a few chances themselves.

MOTM was Arni's goalie, pulled off a couple of ridiculous saves in the game.

It's a shame that with a town the size of Gorebridge there weren't more home fans though.

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I went along to Arniston v St Andrews despite a shocking hangover.

Not a bad game on a nice late Autumn day. There was a good turnout of Saints fans and they were rewarded with a late winner. I'd saw Saint Andrews were probably the better team what I saw but Arniston made a few chances themselves.

MOTM was Arni's goalie, pulled off a couple of ridiculous saves in the game.

It's a shame that with a town the size of Gorebridge there weren't more home fans though.

That’s a fair summary.

Arniston had a fifteen minute period in the second half where they created chances and should have scored.

However I thought overall Saints were the better side.

And you can’t beat a late winner👍

Whitburn are already well on the way to a second successive promotion.

Syngenta are looking good to achieve the same which leaves the third promotion spot up for grabs.

St Andrews have dropped some silly points but we’ve beaten two of our main challengers in our last two games and now have a run of five games against teams outside the top eight.

Hopefully a chance to move up the table and build some real momentum.

• 4 weeks later...

halfway-there-halfway.gif

On paper today marks halfway in the league campaign... although Lochgelly are actually 1 game ahead, a few others 1 or 2 behind after recent weather, plus Whitburn and Hawick at opposite extremes playing a modest amount of catch-up.

image.thumb.png.765dc26e87504ca07162f14cf1a22d34.png

Syngenta and unbeaten Whitburn looking strong toward promotion and may duel for the title. Behind them half-a-dozen sides haven't much separating matters.

Down the bottom winless Hawick need to improve rapidly. It looks like 6 sides battling drop - but Newburgh or Edinburgh South could yet be drawn in.

Edited by HibeeJibee

22 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Heriot-Watt Uni v Lochgelly tomorrow goes ahead at the National Indoor Stadium, Oriam... is 6th-ever senior fixture held 'inside'.

Wrap-up...

Due to a lack of options, I took in this game today! 3-0 victory for the students who were far better in the 1st half and helped out by a very debatable penalty for their 2nd. I reckon no, my mate reckoned aye!

Lochore were better in 2nd half, but the game was gone by then and the sides mostly cancelled each other out.

But my goodness.... that is a coooooollld venue!!! My first ever indoor match and I don't think I've ever been colder. My poor joints!