Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

What the fucking f**k is the "UK Theme" and to whom is she referring when she says that "everyone" loved it? I know about GStQ and the British and Irish Lions had a song in New Zealand called Power of Four which was rightly derided but other than that I can't fathom what the daft bint can be talking about?

Think she means this one

As someone who'd happily maintain an uncomfortably full bladder while watching Boris immolate, I can understand the point in maintaining convention and respect even with people who happily shit all over it - it only allows their supporters to maintain they did nothing wrong because the opposition is just as bad.

It's important to be able to keep a credible distinction between the available options when the switherers are heading to the polls.

2 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

I'd bet they will at least be the largest party.

Not sure. I think the p***ks will shed 80+ seats. They might be though. 

24 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

What the fucking f**k is the "UK Theme" and to whom is she referring when she says that "everyone" loved it? I know about GStQ and the British and Irish Lions had a song in New Zealand called Power of Four which was rightly derided but other than that I can't fathom what the daft bint can be talking about?

Radio 4 used to start its morning programming with it.

What a chance missed by the Tories. Their big thing always is that they bring in a new leader, pretend to the country that it is a new government/fresh start/day one and so on and keep winning elections. 

So it'll be Boris's chancellor or Boris's foreign secretary. No change. 

Great news from a get them out point of view (though Mordaunt turned out to be quite unimpressive also).

Just an illustration of how split the party is/unimpressive any of these goons are. 

Sunak:  38.6%

Truss 31.8%

That's the votes this pair got. After all the votes, hustings, debates and so nobody got even 40% of the party behind them. 

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Truss will win, fight an election on flag shagging, and the Tories will win a majority again.

Which P&B members will end up wiping the stains off their keyboards in this event?

Tories - we need to wipe the slate clean after the way in which Johnson disgraced the office of PM, restore the faith of the public, and move on with a better brand of politics

Also Tories - lets promote a pair of utter charlatans who were in the Boris shit up to their necks, one of whom is clinically stupid, the other so out of touch with any sort of reality he can't work a debit card and has trouble discerning which country he's in when he's 10 miles from his own constituency.

This fucking joke of a 'United' Kingdom... :bag

The next two years are going to be a carcrash of epic proportions which, while it'll be fun to rubberneck at, is utterly fucking galling because we're going to have to live with the consequences of being governed by a bunch of idiots being puppeteered by some of the most vile, self-interested ideologues on the right of the Tory party. If Labour can't wipe the fucking floor with this clown troupe in 2024 then they might as well fold and advocate for the UK being a single party state.

My predictions.

1. Truss to win.

2. Official Downing Street photographer sacked at first photo shoot after asking her to say “cheese”.

3 Tories well short of a majority at the next GE leaving the SNP with the balance of power.

I can't believe they are actually going to go for Truss. 

If I were a Tory MP interested in winning, or at least limiting damage, I would have been tactically voting for the candidate best placed to beat Truss. And, if I were a Tory member with the same interests, I would have been voting for pretty much any other candidate in the run-off against her. 

Edited by DrewDon

11 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

An actual moron.

Screenshot_20220720-161650_Twitter.jpg

She's genuinely thick as mince whilst Sunak is an uber rich elitist. 

Truss will win though as the Tory Members are all about 100 years old and won't vote for the brown guy.

Edited by AndyM