Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, sophia said:

What an oxymoron. 

Mind the time(s) when unionists (countryists) decried the quality of Holyrood candidates?

Just imagine Nicola debating any of them.

I get called all kinds of things on here, Sophia.

It is interesting to reflect on these unionists telling us incessantly how much we have contributed to the union for all these years, then in the same breath tell us that Scottish Education is in a dreadful state and that Nicola really should concentrate on her day job.

Tugendhat's supporters swinging behind Truss suggests that the Remain wing of the party prefer for Sunak to face off against Truss. Either they have massive dirt on her or they are just gambling that she is less likely to win the members than Mordaunt. 

Badenoch seems to have been running for the sole purpose of allowing a load of MPs to sit it out and be the decisive factor in the final round of voting. Presumably they are Brexiteers like her so will go to either Truss or Mordaunt. 

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I assume if (when) the Tories lose the next GE then whoever they have appointed as leader will get bumped?

If they do, it will be interesting to see if they go down the 'the last lot were too batshit right-wing', or 'the last lot weren't nearly batshit right-wing enough' route for the rebuild.

13 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
9 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:
if Truss gets the gig the next GE will be fought along the same lines as the Maybot's last one, ie she won't be within a country mile of any leader's debates. 

Won't be our concern by then

Want a bet?

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I assume if (when) the Tories lose the next GE then whoever they have appointed as leader will get bumped?

Badenoch is an absolute shoo in. Her campaign this time was about building popularity within the party and gaining more of a media profile. She will get a prominent role in the Sunak/Truss government and will be the LOTO after the next GE. 

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
22 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:
Hoyle is such a craven, cheap little hoor. 

Starmer did the exact same before PMQS today, I thinks it's basic protocol.

It’s tradition, and there’s times to break tradition.

54 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Hoyle is such a craven, cheap little hoor. 

Indeed.

A major part of that cosy little Westminster cartel,  which, the sooner we are out of, the better.

Eta, ... Bojo just left the House now, to rapturous applause from his own side. Utterly nauseating.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

Nobody in the history of the House of Commons had pissed in the speakers face or abandoned convention more. And the whippet farming, flat cap wearing grovelling little supplicant, still misty eyed at being allowed into the big house to mix with the quality, didn't have the self respect backbone or respect for his own office to do anything other than lap up said pish and say thanks awfully.

A pitiful man. A disgrace of a speaker. A tissue thin wet wipe, who wouldn't have been in the job were he anything else. 

27 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

A pitiful man. A disgrace of a speaker. A tissue thin wet wipe, who wouldn't have been in the job were he anything else. 

Just looked him up on Wiki.  I had no idea he was Doug Hoyle’s son, they look very different.

Also he had a daughter with a Tory Councillor.  Big question mark over anyone having a relationship, sexual or otherwise, with a Tory. 

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

What the fucking f**k is the "UK Theme" and to whom is she referring when she says that "everyone" loved it? I know about GStQ and the British and Irish Lions had a song in New Zealand called Power of Four which was rightly derided but other than that I can't fathom what the daft bint can be talking about?