Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Kemi Badenoch keeps talking about how she moved to this country when she was 16 and in the previous said she "chose to live here".  But she was born here - she isn't an immigrant.

Priti Patel has tried to pull that "speaking as an immigrant' shite before and got called out on it as well.

I've spent time in Tijuana, doesn't mean I'm Mexican.

10 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Totally different thing but then you know that.  There’s always an exception where a particular form of behaviour is acceptable 99% of the time and not the other 1%.

The shortened form of that name has always been a derogatory term to people of a certain skin colour.  Ironically it would mostly have been used against people from another country who have zero love for the Pakistani people.

No-one ever called anyone Jock or Taff because of their skin colour.

Not different at all.  A derogatory term used by thick people and accepted by serviles.

6 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Priti Patel has tried to pull that "speaking as an immigrant' shite before and got called out on it as well.

I've spent time in Tijuana, doesn't mean I'm Mexican.

She's lived in Nigeria and America (where her mother was a lecturer) before moving back to the UK where she was born.  She's not an immigrant.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not different at all.  A derogatory term used by thick people and accepted by serviles.

🤣🤣🤣

What a state to get yourself into over a nickname.  I’m servile because my mates called me Jock?

You need to get some perspective.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

🤣🤣🤣

What a state to get yourself into over a nickname.  I’m servile because my mates called me Jock?

A couple of posts and that’s equivalent to getting into a state?  I reckon it’s you who needs some perspective.

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

Is being called a 'Jock' offensive?

I was born and brought up in a few different parts of England. I learned to keep my mouth shut about my family all being Scots.

Maybe things have changed in the past quarter century, but England used to have a xenophobia issue that I've never seen any close approximation to in Scotland.

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I think it would be a good idea for MPs (including ministers) annual pay rises to be restricted to the lowest percentage (or cash sum if applicable) awarded in the public sector generally.

But how would Westminster attract quality of the likes that we've become accustomed to!

That's how the argument used to go, isn't it? Don't hear that so much now, despite the phenomenal increase in their salary over the decades.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

A couple of posts and that’s equivalent to getting into a state?  I reckon it’s you who needs some perspective.

It isn’t a couple of posts though is it? Anyone that doesn’t automatically agree with your view of Scotland and the English is a servile bootlicker.

This just appears to be the latest thing you’ve manufactured a grievance about.

Calm down before you give yourself a stroke old fella.  Try being rational for a change and look at someone else’s reasonable point of view.

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
Are you a unionist Left back? Genuine question...if so, what would make u back an independent Scotland?

6 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
20 minutes ago, Left Back said:
emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Are you a unionist Left back? Genuine question...if so, what would make u back an independent Scotland?

That’s a fair question but you may have noticed I’ve deliberately avoided saying I prefer one over the other.  I can’t be fucked being pidgeon-holed.  

I agree and disagree with different things in the current system and I mean both in Westminster and Holyrood in that regard.  

That’s a fair question but you may have noticed I’ve deliberately avoided saying I prefer one over the other.  I can’t be fucked being pidgeon-holed.  

I agree and disagree with different things in the current system and I mean both in Westminster and Holyrood in that regard.  
No probs, being enjoying your posts on the rugby forum. We all have our political stance and its noones business but our own. I'm quite open about being a nationalist and enjoy the debates on here. I see my self as pro Scottish and certainly not anti English, believe that wev(Scotland) can no a better job ourselves as well as seeing England as strong allies. Generally refrain from insults unless its in response to incoming insults. I believe Scotland will one day be independent and its very important to bring everyone along.
On the recent QT from Inverness a lady in the audience (she identified herself as a unionist) stated she didn't want independence but if that was the choice of the Scottish people she would do her upmost to make it work. She was the star of the show imo

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

No probs, being enjoying your posts on the rugby forum. We all have our political stance and its noones business but our own. I'm quite open about being a nationalist and enjoy the debates on here. I see my self as pro Scottish and certainly not anti English, believe that wev(Scotland) can no a better job ourselves as well as seeing England as strong allies. Generally refrain from insults unless its in response to incoming insults. I believe Scotland will one day be independent and its very important to bring everyone along.
On the recent QT from Inverness a lady in the audience (she identified herself as a unionist) stated she didn't want independence but if that was the choice of the Scottish people she would do her upmost to make it work. She was the star of the show imo

I’d be surprised if Scotland isn’t independent in my lifetime.  Since the end of the cold war countries are splitting apart into more localised entities.  Seems to be the way of the world.

What else is she going to do?  Stand outside Holyrood like stop Brexit guy?  No matter what happens (independence or not) you still have to get on with your life.

I’d be surprised if Scotland isn’t independent in my lifetime.  Since the end of the cold war countries are splitting apart into more localised entities.  Seems to be the way of the world.
What else is she going to do?  Stand outside Holyrood like stop Brexit guy?  No matter what happens (independence or not) you still have to get on with your life.
Absolutely, but on many a vox pop you hear people say they'd move to England blah blah. Least she was being pragmatic and non emotional

3 hours ago, Paxo said:

The French call them 'Rosbif' as a pejorative term, presumably based on their insistence for a roast beef dinner on a Sunday. To be fair, they probably apply that to everyone from the UK/Britain but I normally find that as soon as they know I'm Scottish, their attitude changes for the better.

A good mate of mine is a Rennes supporter. They’ve played Celtic in Europe twice over the past ten years or so, and I was in the away end at Parkhead for both.

Shouts of ’Putain de Rosbif’ and similar were common from the Rennes fans both times around. Unfortunately I don’t think there was/is much differentiation.

A good mate of mine is a Rennes supporter. They’ve played Celtic in Europe twice over the past ten years or so, and I was in the away end at Parkhead for both.
Shouts of ’Putain de Rosbif’ and similar were common from the Rennes fans both times around. Unfortunately I don’t think there was/is much differentiation.
A lot of continental Europeans will just refer to the UK [emoji636] as England [emoji636]

Actually what I did there was just click on the auto flag that comes up whether I type in England or UK. Kinda gives more strength to my point.