Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Well the only one that came out of that OK was Sunak.  Truss was woeful, Mourdant almost as bad.  Badehoch and Mr T just beige as f**k and completely forgettable.

Indeed.

The future of the UK is in the best of hands.

11 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
12 minutes ago, sophia said:
It's about net zero but it's also about nature    something  Europe something 

Creating more wildlife...nature nature

I've finally been released of my residual inferiority complex that has been driven into my highland sensibility.

These candidates aren't big beasts, none of them are of a calibre that I can admire as a leader. 

16 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
18 minutes ago, Left Back said:
Do you not expect politicians that are in competition with each other to dismiss the others point of view?

Its amateur hr, its dreadful. Sunik come across well, the rest are just dreadful. This is the best Britain has to offer, its laughable

What were you expecting?

I've finally been released of my residual inferiority complex that has been driven into my highland sensibility.
These candidates aren't big beasts, none of them are of a calibre that I can admire as a leader. 
Look im obvious biased, I am a nationalist and hate the torys. But that aside, these people were just dreadful. With the exception of sunik none of these people could string a coherent verbal sentence together; it was just plain dreadful

Truss cosplaying as Maggie Thatcher was fairly embarrassing. She's an absolute dead rubber.

Sunak was the most polished but is masking inertia as experience. He has no ideas - bad or otherwise.

Mourdant was vague to a fault.

Banedoch started well with some very plain talking but looked well out of her depth by the end.

Turgendhat had some good moments - one slapping down Banedoch - but also had some proper Jim Hacker waffle moments.

Tugboat Tom comes across as the most decent human being.

Not that he is, of course, he just beats the competition.

He also comes across as well out of his depth.

What is the point of these debates?  It’s not like we all get a vote so what are they trying to achieve?

I kind of get the idea during a general election when we’re all allowed to vote on what they say.  Not for this though.  I can’t imagine the ratings are high enough to show it just for that.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tugboat Tom comes across as the most decent human being.

Not that he is, of course, he just beats the competition.

He also comes across as well out of his depth.

I'll give him his staunch tie 

Liz Truss managed to replicate  number of EU trade deals without disaster. I guess you can say that's 'delivering'. 

But, it was something that, in reality, was a pretty easy job. You had a bunch of countries not wanting their goods suddenly subject to tariffs in the UK - a pretty captive audience. In theory they could've been totally dicks and made demands to change things massively, but they didn't. The job done was basically bolstered by anti-Brexit campaigners trying to fearmonger about Brexit and claiming that this is what would happen. And when it didn't, that's Truss' "win". 

She comes across as an absolute lightweight. She is already out her depth tbh. 

Edited by Michael W

I hear Mourdant's solution for NHS problems has been pushing for free Homeopathic 'medicine' and advice at every practice. Doesn't surprise me from that performance. If you were looking to hire somebody to manage a club Social Club I think only two would make the short list, Sunak and Badenoch, and Sunak would edge it on experience.

59 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, sophia said:

Look im obvious biased, I am a nationalist and hate the torys. But that aside, these people were just dreadful. With the exception of sunik none of these people could string a coherent verbal sentence together; it was just plain dreadful

You could learn them a thing or two.

3 hours ago, Clown Job said:

It’s for your own good jocks, you can’t be trusted to make decisions on your own 

Well, Sunak did say he would manage the economy like Thatcher if elected but closing down Holyrood seems a bit harsh. 

Leaving aside Bowie's obvious support for Sunak, any move to circumvent Holyrood has to be viewed with suspicion. That it's coming from a Scots Tory is probably to be expected but if the idea gains traction where will it end? Just from a point of democracy I find this a worrying development. Of course Sunak might lose to Truss and all will be fine. 

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Beasts, of course, I was getting distracted, don't know why.. :bag

The diversity in the Tory leadership race must really annoy the woke left.
This is the result of equality of opportunity as opposed to the left’s attempted equality of outcome with forced quotas 
Tory, equal opportunity [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Fucking hell, some remarkable desperation for bites in the past few pages!

DPB's assertion that Scots can't be trusted to run their own affairs fell flat on its arse, but let's see if the Paisley rep can improve his poor record.

1 hour ago, Captain Saintsible said:

The diversity in the Tory leadership race must really annoy the woke left.

This is the result of equality of opportunity as opposed to the left’s attempted equality of outcome with forced quotas 

Ooooh controversial.