Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Talking tough about the SNP is not going to make a jot of difference for the people in the UK when they are struggling to pay bills.

It's that kind of rhetoric that makes zoomers/yer da's feel fuzzy though. 

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

This Tom Tugendhat should try saying "when I was serving in Afghanistan..." a few more times, just in case the media missed it those multiple times earlier.

It's maybe not the best day to be boasting about his service in Afghanistan.

23 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Talking tough about the SNP is not going to make a jot of difference for the people in the UK when they are struggling to pay bills.

Tories more than happy with yellow wall, if it means no red. 

16 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

This Tom Tugendhat should try saying "when I was serving in Afghanistan..." a few more times, just in case the media missed it those multiple times earlier.

The most disastrous foreign policy exit since the roof of the US embassy in Saigon in 1975 ?  That Afghanistan ?

17 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Jesus suffering f**k. :angry:

"We spend too much on welfare"

Aye, a huge proportion of which is State Pensions. High time the triple lock went, but naw, better just just throw out a raw meat soundbite for the Mail readers, even though it's a matter that you clearly haven't the first fucking clue about. Truly is an utterly revolting waste of skin. "Choosing" to rely on 'taxpayers money'. Every fucking dog whistle going.

I hope she is ignorant of her brief rather than trying to whip up hate against the marginalised. More benefits are lost through mistakes than fraud. Although I'm sure cutting the staff will also improve accuracy, oh wait no it won't.

Also nice to see the latest drive in efficiency of another candidate I literally have never heard of, it so stop proof reading of her statements and press releases.

Screenshot_20220712-113244.jpg

I hope she is ignorant of her brief rather than trying to whip up hate against the marginalised.

Which do you think is more likely? She knows full well that punching down on benefit claimants gets Tory voters all excited so will absolutely play on that because she has f**k all else to offer.

6 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Which do you think is more likely? She knows full well that punching down on benefit claimants gets Tory voters all excited so will absolutely play on that because she has f**k all else to offer.

If I'm honest it's both. She is clearly not in possession of the facts but knows the sound bite gives her creditability with the thickest members of society.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

It is aimed purely at Scottish Tory Party members.  Good of the Daily Heil (Scotlandshire Edition) to get her message out.

15 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Everyone contributes to the state pension.

The more you pay in, the more you get out.

Okay, there is a basic, but there are a lot of add-ons.

Definitions have probably changed but I remember terms like Graduated Pensions which were additional.

Maybe it’s changed since I got my state pension, not very big as I was predominantly self- employed, but happy to admit I’m wrong if proved otherwise.

No you don't - you get the basic state pension or the new state pension, depending when you retired. You have to have a certain amount of NI contributions to qualify for the full amount. However 45 years contributions doesn't get you more of a state pension than 31 years.

So was I, but I got the full whack.

32 minutes ago, 101 said:

If I'm honest it's both. She is clearly not in possession of the facts but knows the sound bite gives her creditability with the thickest nastiest members of society.

Paid up members of the Conservative Party!

Tugendhat making a move for the Rees Mogg style anarcho capitalist vote by promising to get rid of the rules requiring the banking and insurance industries to hold large reserves in case of crisis or disasters, like 2008 or hurricanes etc.  

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

You now need 35 years to get the full state pension but you're right that it's really the maximum you can get regardless of how much you pay in beyond 35 years.

And you get it made up to the full amount if you don't have the full contributions, by getting pension credit, afaik

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Presumably that'll be means-tested so anyone with savings above a certain amount won't get that uplift.

I'm not sure, but I can't claim it (pension credit) as my state pension is above the limit for claiming pension credit.