Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Still running with this 'homogenous' stupidity?

No place of any size has a population that can realistically be described as homogenous.  Why you link the notion so explicitly to statehood, I've no idea.

Especially bizarre as the UK is even less homogenous and presumably therefore shouldn’t be an independent state.

17 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

She will have her hands full dealing with gas prices / inflation. It will involve chucking money at people one way or another, so she will have a job then proving to Tory hardliners that she really just wants to cut taxes.

Meanwhile the Red Wall will look on incredulously and boot her in the baws in 2024. 

As regards energy prices, neither Truss or the Tories are dealing with it.  That task is falling to the energy companies who it is being widely reported are presenting plans to the Government on a 'take it' or 'take it' basis.  Thank f**k someone is currently at the wheel.

As I understand it.  The plan is as follows;

Government to give energy companies £bns 

Energy companies give it to us (consumers) as discounts

We repay our 'discounts' by having a premium on our energy bills for years to come.

I haven't been able to work out how the public purse is repaid, so I'm assuming the energy companies hand the pre iums back to the treasury.

Edited by aDONisSheep

55 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Still running with this 'homogenous' stupidity?

No place of any size has a population that can realistically be described as homogenous.  Why you link the notion so explicitly to statehood, I've no idea.

It's sad and it's pathetic but this is the SNP's entire justification for partition.   That Eyemouth is so different from Berwick that they need to be separated by an international border.

We saw this last week when Nippy wheeled out Brian Cox to tell the work that partition isn't about politics, it's about country.

For once, I'm not the one you should be raging at.

6 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Of course its true.

If you want a demonstration of it in action, Liz Truss is demonstrably thick as pigshit, she barely made the last 2 via the parliamentary vote. Truss was voted PM by a few thousand white, old farts from places like........buckinghamshire.

Sunak had zero chance of winning, partly on account of his "deep tan".

Thats the truth of your inclusive little englander party members.

So "white old fart" chose a women 'cos a brown man would be unacceptable?   Silly boy.

BTW in June last year we Bucks 'white old farts' chose the smart, competent and fragrant Sarah Green to represent us in WM. First  time we've not had a Tory since the constituency was formed.  it's great to break the mould.  You should try it some time.

As they've now decided, probably better this gets locked and debate can carry on in the usual places. Or someone can feel free to start a Liz Truss PM* (Prime Minister or Pork Markets, according to personal preference) thread.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa