Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Fletcher23 said:

Again I disagree Asim. My opinion is a generation is 30 years. I do not think that is based on nonsense at all. 

I never said your opinion that a generation is 30 years is a nonsense

Once again, the reading comprehension of Yoons is shown up to be as thin as their skin.

I said your timelines for referenda is a nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I never said your opinion that a generation is 30 years is a nonsense

Once again, the reading comprehension of Yoons is shown up to be as thin as their skin.

I said your timelines for referenda is a nonsense. 

Nothing wrong with my skin Asim 👍

49 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

And you would love them less if they were split into two nations rather than one? Suddenly Gateshead having a different foreign policy to Coatbridge would see your love for them diminish?

Not asking you. No-one is. You have your weirdly specific timelines for referenda. Have yer opinion. I'm just pointing out that it's based on fucking nonsense.

No, I’d still love our kith and kin, but I’d be sad that they’d no longer be in the same country.

However damaging her economic policies turn out to be, it may be her Little England politics that do the most harm. A poll this weekend showed Scotland is more likely to become independent if Ms Truss becomes prime minister. Her hard line on the Northern Ireland protocol has alienated nationalists and moderates in the province, which is on course to leave the UK within 20 years. Nationalists in Wales too would be boosted by a Truss premiership.

Of equal concern is English indifference to the fate of the union: more than four in 10 people would welcome or aren’t bothered by Scotland going its own way. A majority of English people are untroubled by the prospect of a united Ireland. This is down to the rightwing politics of Brexit, which was a revolt pitting England against itself. Ms Truss has played on this theme during the contest: by inveighing against the civil service; by opposing political unanimity; by reversing England’s historical tendency to look outwards rather than inwards. Ms Truss is playing with fire. She risks burning down the whole house. A Little Englander running a Little England is where her rhetoric leads.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/aug/22/the-guardian-view-on-liz-truss-a-little-englander-pm-risks-running-a-little-england

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Good news then:

Of equal concern is English indifference to the fate of the union: more than four in 10 people would welcome or aren’t bothered by Scotland going its own way. A majority of English people are untroubled by the prospect of a united Ireland.

I think this is wrong.  I really cannot see Truss calling a GE any time soon, it would be suicidal for the Tories and leave long lasting resentment amongst those Tory MPs who would lose their seats and amongst their constituency organisations.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/aug/25/liz-truss-wins-election-tory-prime-minister

This is an interesting take though:

We should be clear that on 5 September political history will be made. What makes the contest special is that, if the polling and betting are correct, the members of a political party are about to select a prime minister, Liz Truss, for whom neither Tory MPs nor the country itself has voted. Truss will be the third prime minister to be chosen by the Tories in mid-parliament since party members got the final say in leadership contests. But she will be the first to win through party members overturning the MPs’ choice from the earlier rounds.

1 minute ago, Fletcher23 said:

A Dundee generation is only 12 years.

ps. Do you still go about scraping Yes stickers off lampposts?

pps. Do you ever post in a Dundee match thread or just the politics forum?

8 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

A Dundee generation is only 12 years.

ps. Do you still go about scraping Yes stickers off lampposts?

pps. Do you ever post in a Dundee match thread or just the politics forum?

That is a very strange post. 

1 minute ago, Fletcher23 said:

That is a very strange post. 

I'm a very strange person.

But you remind me of someone else from another forum. Given that I used the same username, I'll assume that you are not him. And you're not DAF using an alias to look like him.

3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

But you remind me of someone else from another forum. Given that I used the same username, I'll assume that you are not him. And you're not DAF using an alias to look like him.

This is the only forum I am on. And I am not DAF. 👍

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

How do you keep luring them over here? And what did we do to make you hate us so much?

10 minutes ago, BFTD said:

How do you keep luring them over here? And what did we do to make you hate us so much?

I didn't invite them. They follow me. Only time in my life I've been a fanny magnet.

Eta. I dont think Fletcher is who I thought he was. He'd be going on about Millwall by now.

Edited by Suspect Device

2 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I didn't invite them. They follow me. Only time in my life I've been a fanny magnet.

Quality work. Just imagine I've found a non-sarcastic rimshot GIF to include here.

4 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

No, I’d still love our kith and kin, but I’d be sad that they’d no longer be in the same country.

Why ?  I have family in Australia and Canada.  I also have family in England.  If Scotland were independent it would alter these relationships not one whit.

You'd survive, believe me.

6 hours ago, Fletcher23 said:

The old troll line again as we have a different opinion to them which they do not like. 

Another faulty assertion from you.

It's because of your repeated inability to substantiate your opinions in the face of incontrovertible facts.

15 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

It’s pretty much been leaked that thick Truss has been told to use “separatist” to try and delegitimise Scottish independence. As Truss is a born-again UK independence fetishist, if Sturgeon has any nous, she’ll immediately began denouncing the anointed new PM as a separatist at every opportunity.

Is it cheap? Yes. But there’s no playing nice with carpetbagging snakes like the Tories, and there’s no point in trying to take the moral high ground against folk who were bred in the sewers and know nothing else.