Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

I think they were forced to sign a pact not to pull out the race to allow the PM to keep continuity, when in fact he has don't f**k all apart from improve his tan and write a list of cronies to elevate to the lord's.

983EC83D-7146-41A3-8055-0A0521133A96.gif

39 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I wonder if Liz Truss has ever sat down for a quiet moment and thought “Am I really the best person to be Prime Minister?”

Probably not.

Well that would be a bit of a hurdle for her to begin with.

Presumably the idea here is to drop wages for NHS doctors and turbocharge the staffing crisis.

Curse those greedy doctors. Oh well, guess there's no choice but to go private.

And yet there’s still people inScotland who think we benefit from being part of the Union.  It makes me despair.
Because they believe every lie that the Tory press tells them.

It's been clear for months that the narrative is to attack the Scottish Government at every opportunity - to perpetuate the view that the Scottish Government is useless. We saw it the other week with exam results - yet a virtually identical situation yesterday with A-Levels in England - but zero headlines attacking the Tories over the drop in grades.

Not sure if this has been posted already. Seems neither candidate are much a step up from Johnson in terms of popularity up here.

I did laugh that Starmer has a 40% unfavourable rating as well. Must be our anti English Tory sentiment.

24 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Not sure if this has been posted already. Seems neither candidate are much a step up from Johnson in terms of popularity up here.

I did laugh that Starmer has a 40% unfavourable rating as well. Must be our anti English Tory sentiment.

Let’s concentrate on the ‘favourable’.  Truss is only 1% ahead of Johnson and that’s before she has had the chance to make a complete cúnt of things.

With just a little bit of time/effort she could outdo him.  Go Liz.

10 hours ago, BFTD said:

Presumably the idea here is to drop wages for NHS doctors and turbocharge the staffing crisis.

That'll be part of it, I'm sure. Something to watch out for is the secret code words for privatisation - slipping into any pronouncements, either by media or government.  I can see lots more talk about the NHS being 'broken',  'past its sell by date', 'in need of reform'. I can see this language taking centre stage. It's never far from the surface but I can see it really being lifted up to the front of the agenda/narrative.

I cannot see how safeguarding the stock options of FTSE 100 executives should ever take precedence over supporting the poorest in our society

Presumably Michael Gove (for it is he) has only just woken up from his vegetative state of joining, standing and acting as minister for the *checks notes* Conservative and Unionist Party for the past three fucking decades, leading to this Saul to Damascus conversion.

Or he just wants Liz Truss to lose to another c**t; it's hard to tell. 

15 hours ago, BFTD said:

4 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

That'll be part of it, I'm sure. Something to watch out for is the secret code words for privatisation - slipping into any pronouncements, either by media or government.  I can see lots more talk about the NHS being 'broken',  'past its sell by date', 'in need of reform'. I can see this language taking centre stage. It's never far from the surface but I can see it really being lifted up to the front of the agenda/narrative.