Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I’m starting to get the impression Liz here doesn’t support or value devolution 

The gammons who the majority don’t have a vote in these nations will be lapping it up 

The rhetoric is great, but will she follow it up with action?  Doubtful.

Frost backing her gives me hope.  He’s nae mug.

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

It's just the usual Yoon rhetoric of 'you are divisive because you disagree with us, and we'll just ignore the fact it takes two to tango, and we are not simultaneously divisive at all, no siree'.

It's idiotic, but I don't particularly care because they're painting themselves into a political corner with their apparent belief that if you just stick your head in the sand the problem goes away.

Look at how that's working out for Scottish Labour? As far as they're concerned SLab has no fundamental problem, and it's simply the 'electorate's fault' they vote SNP instead.

It's pretty obvious they're losing the battle given how opinions have shifted over the long term, only they haven't yet realised that this isn't just some temporary 'blip', so they're still at the stage where they think just coasting along waiting for the 'natural order' of things to resume, and for nationalists to get back in their boxes is a prudent course of action, completely oblivious to the fact it's largely the coasting, indifference, and disdain that is driving people toward self-governance in the first place.

.. and these comments are coming from someone who is currently the Foreign Secretary for the UK.

I thought the role required someone who was always diplomatic in the way they spoke about other leaders.  I guess I was wrong.

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Frost being "nae mug" must be one of the wildest takes I've heard on this forum. Chapeau. 

Indeed.  Frost is the living embodiment of everything that is rotten in this Conservative Government.  An unelected peer of no fixed ability, he was astonishingly propelled into negotiating the UK's exit from the EU, a task which proved utterly beyond him due both to his ignorance of the brief and his embarrassingly boneheaded attempts at gunboat diplomacy.

In short, he'd be regularly rinsed on here.

7 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Indeed.  Frost is the living embodiment of everything that is rotten in this Conservative Government.  An unelected peer of no fixed ability, he was astonishingly propelled into negotiating the UK's exit from the EU, a task which proved utterly beyond him due both to his ignorance of the brief and his embarrassingly boneheaded attempts at gunboat diplomacy.

In short, he'd be regularly rinsed on here.

He did well, all things considered.

Rinsed on here?  Geez piece.  You lot couldn't rinse a standard kitchen plate.  All you'd do is accuse him of having another alias.

Lord Frost negotiated the Johnson/Frost Protocol for Northern Ireland that placed a hard border in the Irish Sea. 

This was done in full knowledge that it would piss off the Unionists in Northern Ireland.

When it did, Johnson and Frost pretended the Johnson/Frost Protocol was nothing to do with them.

Disingenuous.

Just now, Fullerene said:

Lord Frost negotiated the Johnson/Frost Protocol for Northern Ireland that placed a hard border in the Irish Sea. 

This was done in full knowledge that it would piss off the Unionists in Northern Ireland.

When it did, Johnson and Frost pretended the Johnson/Frost Protocol was nothing to do with them.

Disingenuous.

It was a lot more complicated than that.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

No, that's Grant Shapps.

Oh dear. Obviously I don't see DAFt posts, unless someone else quotes him, but in a pretty strong field of ravings, "couldn't rinse a standard kitchen plate" is one of the lamest yet.  😁

Banter isn't what it was. 

Unfair not to put in Frost positives column that he roughly pulled down the trousers and fucked the DUP hard, right up the dirt box in front of the whole world, demonstrating once and for all that the UK cares not one single toss for Unionists and Unionism and the entire concept is a pathetic needy fantasy for the clinically short of brain cells. Which is nice.