Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Lurkst said:

One of the reasons they'll never debate with her and all unionist hues keep her at arms length is how effortlessly she rinses any one of them who is stupid enough to have a go.

Edited by williemillersmoustache

21 hours ago, BFTD said:

Just needs the sun framing her heid in the background.

Must have been some amount of arguing about whether or not to go with the 'In Liz We Truss' headline.

_126261950_express-nc.png

I'm just glad we've finally got to the stage where our wonderful media, analysis and political class have made their choice and have  started to convince themselves and us that Liz is in fact "the Iron Lady v2.0' and uniquely suited to leading the country through tough times, despite all the evidence pointing to her being a dribbling moron who should be nowhere near any position of power.

Much like we were told that the weeping stoma with blonde hair was the 'reincarnation of Churchill' despite it being plainly obvious to anyone with a working brain that he was at best, a hopelessly compromised bumbling incompetent. 

21 minutes ago, Stringer Bell said:

I'm just glad we've finally got to the stage where our wonderful media, analysis and political class have made their choice and have  started to convince themselves and us that Liz is in fact "the Iron Lady v2.0' and uniquely suited to leading the country through tough times, despite all the evidence pointing to her being a dribbling moron who should be nowhere near any position of power.

Much like we were told that the weeping stoma with blonde hair was the 'reincarnation of Churchill' despite it being plainly obvious to anyone with a working brain that he was at best, a hopelessly compromised bumbling incompetent. 

I've been joking about Liz Truss being the next PM for the last couple of years, as she was obviously an even more ridiculous choice than the incumbent. I never thought they'd actually go through with it, but here we are, and I cannot fucking wait.

We're screwed anyway - might as well get some high comedy out of it. We're all going to be looking incredulously at our neighbours after she returns an increased majority in 2024.

5 hours ago, BFTD said:

I've been joking about Liz Truss being the next PM for the last couple of years, as she was obviously an even more ridiculous choice than the incumbent. I never thought they'd actually go through with it, but here we are, and I cannot fucking wait.

We're screwed anyway - might as well get some high comedy out of it. We're all going to be looking incredulously at our neighbours after she returns an increased majority in 2024.

Yes it is beyond parody.  But to be serious she will not get any sort of majority let alone an increased one.

On the energy price crisis, ET keeps banging on about not liking taking folks money off them in tax or NI, then giving it back to them as "handouts". 

Lizzy, here's a helpful hint, you thicko. If the extremely profitable energy companies can't be prevailed upon to keep prices down (by whatever means) that's not what people want. What they want is for you to take money off those extremely profitable companies and/or wealthier people and give it NOT to the same folk you took it from but instead give it to the folks who can scarcely afford to live until the energy market reaches some level of sanity. Many of those most in need don't pay income tax or NI so cutting that means eff all to them. I thought as a relatively experienced, if dim, politician you might realise that, but no. 

Happy to help... wish you were too. 

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yes it is beyond parody.  But to be serious she will not get any sort of majority let alone an increased one.

You reckon? The Tories will have all sorts of levers and stunts to pull to attract large chunks of voters back.

Truss is similar to Johnson in that she is a career politician without a firm ideology.  She doesn’t have principles to compromise, meaning it’s easy for her to adapt to whatever wins her votes.

Plus Labour still aren’t credible challengers, and the wheels are coming off the SNP bus up here too.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah, you're probably right. However, it'll almost certainly be due to everything continuing to fall apart over the next few years, rather than anything particularly stupid that she's said, and she certainly won't be doing anything that anyone else in her party wouldn't.

Can I come round your place for a heat in February?

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Yeah, you're probably right. However, it'll almost certainly be due to everything continuing to fall apart over the next few years, rather than anything particularly stupid that she's said, and she certainly won't be doing anything that anyone else in her party wouldn't.

Can I come round your place for a heat in February?

Yeah it rarely falls below 15 degrees centigrade (59 farenheight) in the evening and is usually about 20 degrees centigrade (68 farenheight) during the day here during February.  You’re certainly welcome.

It can be a wee bit windy though.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah it rarely falls below 15 degrees centigrade (59 farenheight) in the evening and is usually about 20 degrees centigrade (68 farenheight) during the day here during February.  You’re certainly welcome.

It can be a wee bit windy though.

Never let it be said that you don't share your good fortune.

10 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

The level of stupidity on display here is frightening.  

Nah, it's just a pretty lazy attempt at bait. Stop biting and he'll bugger off. He'll come back in a couple of months under a different handle; rinse and repeat. 

7 hours ago, BFTD said:

Between Mr Fifth Amendment over the pond, The Priapic p***k of Downing Street, and now Annabel Lecter, it's been a truly grim decade for satirists.

12 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

The level of stupidity on display here is frightening.  

Yes but it's not from the source you think.

The other and exponential idiocy involved a poster replying to @Granny Danger who has repeatedly stated that he immediately puts trolls on ignore.

40 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Good article about the problems with the Tory party and the general characteristics of the party.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-crisis-at-the-heart-of-the-modern-conservative-party

Haven't read the article, but I'll have a go.

They're c***s. 

55 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Good article about the problems with the Tory party and the general characteristics of the party.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-crisis-at-the-heart-of-the-modern-conservative-party

It is good and as a critique it's very nearly spot on but doing absolutely fucking anything at all and hang the consequences to be in and stay in power isn't apolitical. It's ideologically promiscuous or vacuous but it's not apolitical.  It has certainly become more acute and noticeable over time but an utterly ruthless belief and commitment to: "we should run the show and it doesn't matter how as long as it's us" is the prime tory characteristic. 

The air disaster analogy is good too. As they'll just eject to the Cayman islands or the Lords while we're in the back screaming, head between the knees and trying to top up our life jacket by blowing into the little tube as we slam into the ground at 400 knots.