Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

True. That and his claims that cross-border blood and organ donations would stop if Scotland went independent - which was shown to be utter lies. 

But at the same time he did more to alleviate poverty in Britain than anyone else in my lifetime. Plus he cancelled loads of third world debt and tripled the development budget. Brought in the very first climate change act. 

As PM he made one big mistake - he shat it out of a general election in 2007. He would probably have won that and been in power until 2012. Instead the financial crisis came along and swept him away. 

He also failed to understand the concept of charisma and showmanship.  These are not necessarily good things but they help you get elected.

Blair had it, so did Cameron and Johnson.  Brown thought he was doing a serious job and there was no time to smile about anything.   May was crap at this to but she up against Corbyn who looked like he wasn't happy about anything.

Truss will win the leadership contest because she can smile a lot.  So can somebody without a brain.

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

10:30

I'm going to sound very blue tick twitter here but I am quite insistent that the world ended when Charlie Brooker stopped doing year-end wipes in 2016 and I don't recognise anything that's happened since as actual history.

What a treat I miss Screenwipe so much.

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I accidentally red-dotted this and don't know how to undo it. I generally don't red dot except for in extreme cases (racism, homophobia, etc) - my apologies. 

I disagree on Brown's overall record.

That's ok, I've never bothered with red dots and I'm not starting now.

As for Brown's record, it's ok to disagree but those are facts. I

27 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

He also failed to understand the concept of charisma and showmanship.  These are not necessarily good things but they help you get elected.

Blair had it, so did Cameron and Johnson.  Brown thought he was doing a serious job and there was no time to smile about anything.   May was crap at this to but she up against Corbyn who looked like he wasn't happy about anything.

Truss will win the leadership contest because she can smile a lot.  So can somebody without a brain.

Really?

Theresa May Dance GIF by EDM AuthorityTheresa May Dance GIF by 5FM

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Who are the other 29?

I'd watch a Top of the Pops style countdown on that.

It'd be just like old times when Gary Glitter made an appearance.

Chasing his arse up and down the country to apologise to a racist old bag did so much damage, validating the position that the EU foreigners fixing your plumbing and working in the NHS were in fact stealing your kids music lessons and stopping you from seeing a dentist. For that alone he should be thrown into fucking space. The coward. 

ETA I take your point about the good he did it's just you only have to be a tory hoor, or racist agitator once, to be condemned for all eternity, in my view. 
He should have challenged the racist old c**t there and then instead of complaining about it like a sad wee phanny afterwards.

3ad3c3d2c2355822fc1d2871cdf9fb40.jpg

21 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Chasing his arse up and down the country to apologise to a racist old bag did so much damage, validating the position that the EU foreigners fixing your plumbing and working in the NHS were in fact stealing your kids music lessons and stopping you from seeing a dentist. For that alone he should be thrown into fucking space. The coward. 

ETA I take your point about the good he did it's just you only have to be a tory hoor, or racist agitator once, to be condemned for all eternity, in my view. 

I've said before that apologising to that sour old c**t was a sliding doors moment for the labour party. 

Broon should have stuck to his guns and argued as to why her "legitimate concerns" were no such thing. Instead he went populist and labour lost its last vestiges of being progressive. 

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

This looks like a scene from some gruesome German horror film.

3298.jpg?width=620&quality=45&fit=max&dp

There's another angle that shows the sock in her left hand already has two other snooker balls in it as she prepares to batter the poor people

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

I've said before that apologising to that sour old c**t was a sliding doors moment for the labour party. 

Broon should have stuck to his guns and argued as to why her "legitimate concerns" were no such thing. Instead he went populist and labour lost its last vestiges of being progressive. 

He was fucked either way, I'm afraid.

If you want to run the country, you don't get to challenge the popular belief that foreigners are stealing from everyone. It went unchallenged for too long, and it's fact now. The only thing that the rump of the public want to hear is how you're going to stop them.

Just needs the sun framing her heid in the background.

Must have been some amount of arguing about whether or not to go with the 'In Liz We Truss' headline.

_126261950_express-nc.png