Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

No more nurses I take it?

Seemingly there will be exemptions for nursing and other courses with "high social value" so it'll be interesting to hear the definition of that. He's also talking about introducing a British baccalaureate but given education is a devolved issue that'll work out fine. He's maybe getting British and English mixed up, though.

1 minute ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Seemingly there will be exemptions for nursing and other courses with "high social value" so it'll be interesting to hear the definition of that. He's also talking about introducing a British baccalaureate but given education is a devolved issue that'll work out fine. He's maybe getting British and English mixed up, though.

Maybe the data collected will reveal the extent of of "high social value" jobs that are financially undervalued and the Government might start to do something about that? 

(Cue flypast of pigs and unicorns... 😁

9 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

You’ll be an “essential worker” but you won’t get the wage to match it

How very Tory of them 

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

To do this as a job you'd still need an operators licence and the majority of folk wouldn't be able to park these things in the driveway or on a residential street. So it wouldn't help "white van man" and to my mind  it's a solution looking for a problem.  Or a desperate attempt to find a brexit dividend that will just end up costing us a few more squidged cyclists and kiddies every year. 

Judging by the cycling thread on here, a few posters would see that as a Brexit dividend.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

To do this as a job you'd still need an operators licence and the majority of folk wouldn't be able to park these things in the driveway or on a residential street. So it wouldn't help "white van man" and to my mind  it's a solution looking for a problem.  Or a desperate attempt to find a brexit dividend that will just end up costing us a few more squidged cyclists and kiddies every year. 

It's an idea from Grant Shapps which means it will almost certainly not happen.

15 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Judging by the cycling thread on here, a few posters would see that as a Brexit dividend.

Nah.  I’m all in favour of a cull of cyclists but it should be done humanely.

4 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I believe both he and Truss have said they will be implementing their policies across the UK, so I doubt it...

32 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I believe both he and Truss have said they will be implementing their policies across the UK, so I doubt it...

So either they have no understanding of how the devolved regions are governed or they just don't give a flying fck.

Sadly I think it is the second one.

Well, they could always have a go at setting up a content firewall between us and the rest of the world.

It wouldn't work, and would need a bit of work to whip up some Video Nasties-style outrage to get the public on board, but it could be a useful strategy if they need votes. Law & order's always a winner for the Conservatives.

17 hours ago, Left Back said:

To all you people that are frothing about an alleged change to safety standards because of brexit you probably need to do some thinking before getting your rage on.

If you passed your test prior to 1997 you can drive a 7.5t.  Basically people aged roughly 42 and over can do this. I’d hazard a guess this is the majority of license holders.  I could be wrong and tbh couldn’t care if it is or isn’t a correct guess.

I have no idea why this was changed in ‘97 but if it was a road safety thing I ask myself why someone who passed their test in 98 isn’t capable of doing something someone a year older than them can do.  If it was unsafe why not a blanket no with say a 2 year grace period to allow those that were working as 7.5t drivers without a C license time to get their C license? (Or whatever it’s called these days)

I also have no idea of the rationale behind this alleged/proposed change that seems to have people frothing.

Maybe instead of assuming this is s lowering of safety standards this is a correction of a daft anomaly of the law.

Incorrect. As someone with type 1 diabetes this is utter nonsense.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

I take it that her daughters have seen some of her speeches on TikTok and she's sick of hearing about what a c**t/idiot they think she is.

A two-track internet, ffs. It seems we're at the stage of the campaign where the candidates are so in-love with their own voices and time in the lime-light that they just go into 'ramble' mode. No thought, no briefings, no knowledge of the subject, just complete inane wittering. And one will be PM soon. Unbelievable.

21 hours ago, Left Back said:

To all you people that are frothing about an alleged change to safety standards because of brexit you probably need to do some thinking before getting your rage on.

If you passed your test prior to 1997 you can drive a 7.5t.  Basically people aged roughly 42 and over can do this. I’d hazard a guess this is the majority of license holders.  I could be wrong and tbh couldn’t care if it is or isn’t a correct guess.

I have no idea why this was changed in ‘97 but if it was a road safety thing I ask myself why someone who passed their test in 98 isn’t capable of doing something someone a year older than them can do.  If it was unsafe why not a blanket no with say a 2 year grace period to allow those that were working as 7.5t drivers without a C license time to get their C license? (Or whatever it’s called these days)

I also have no idea of the rationale behind this alleged/proposed change that seems to have people frothing.

Maybe instead of assuming this is s lowering of safety standards this is a correction of a daft anomaly of the law.

I passed my test in 1974. I'll be 70 in a couple of months. I've never driven a 7.5 T lorry, but could jump behind the wheel of one tomorrow. Yet a 42 year old who passed his test in 1998 couldn't. He might be a bit safer than I would.