Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is this just all you do?
Make out that any urge towards separation is always, by definition, wrong?
Do you bring this outlook into play, everywhere in the world?  
I think four or five divorces is enough separation for any man to take. Can't really blame him for his viewpoint.

From the Sky News website:

One of the most striking - and little reported - findings of the latest YouGov Tory members poll is that more people - 48% - believe Liz Truss would lead the Tories to a hung parliament or Labour government than think she would deliver a Tory majority at the next general election - 39%.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Mundell backs Truss

Would have saved a lot of ink and time if he just said "Why I am supporting Liz Truss - because she looks as if she will win"

The headline doesnt exactly sound like a ringing endorsement of the current leader of the Tories in Scotland does it.....

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is this just all you do?

Make out that any urge towards separation is always, by definition, wrong?

Do you bring this outlook into play, everywhere in the world?  

In fairness, I doubt he ever goes anywhere. 

49 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I have a theory that the strength of feeling on here towards rangers, unionism and the tories has meant he’s just given up any sense of good faith debate (maybe somewhat understandably?). In any case though, he comes across as a relative extremist and a bit of an idiot these days which wasn’t always the case. 

Yes, I suspect this theory is pretty sound.

Perhaps reason departs if you always get shouted down, regardless of whether you're employing any. 

It's regrettable though.  

10 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Obviously misses his Downing Street toilet floor-licking gig.

What a pathetic snivelling little c**t. 

He really is a ghastly little individual.

My favourite bit was "We need a leader who has the courage of their convictions as a Unionist.  They need to be steely in working with Nicola Sturgeon, rising above her petty nationalist games and grievances."

Sorry, but the other night, I wasn't hearing much about "working with" Sturgeon.   As for petty...

42 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Mundell backs Truss

That's basically a cover letter for Mundell as he tries to win a job in her cabinet.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

My favourite bit was "We need a leader who has the courage of their convictions as a Unionist.  They need to be steely in working with Nicola Sturgeon, rising above her petty nationalist games and grievances."

Sorry, but the other night, I wasn't hearing much about "working with" Sturgeon.   As for petty...

On some level though this kind of stuff must eat away at him.

Imagine spending your career constantly sucking up to, and wagon-circling for these c***s, knowing full well they have absolutely no respect for you whatsoever. 

It's such a wee shame. 

7 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Imagine spending your career constantly sucking up to, and wagon-circling for these c***s, knowing full well they have absolutely no respect for you whatsoever. 

It's such a wee shame. 

He has no shame, no dignity and no backbone, so, no, it can't possibly eat away at him on any level. 

He's just dutifully and diligently getting on with the job. The job he feels it was his destiny to fulfil. He's utterly worthless, and like his buddy Jack, ensconced in a safe Tory seat, probably for life if he wants (which I don't doubt he does).

17 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

It's such a wee shame. 

It is the thing that must gnaw at the soul of Conservative and Unionists and Unionists as a whole. While they'll make great play of the benefits of being "one of us" or "part of this Great British family" (🤮) they know, deep down, or may even have first experience of the fact they'd ship you to the fever Islands, enslave your kids and f**k your wife, burn down your house and nick your last rolo without a moments thought if there was a smidgen of personal advantage to be gained. 

I hold no candle for Northern Irish Unionism but the hilarious inevitablity of seeing them strutting about Westminster post GE2017 only to get roundly shafted as soon as it was expedient to do so, was almost worthy of sympathy. Almost but not quite. 

Edited by williemillersmoustache

24 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It is the thing that must gnaw at the soul of Conservative and Unionists and Unionists as a whole. While they'll make great play of the benefits of being "one of us" or "part of this Great British family" (🤮) they know, deep down, or may even have first experience of the fact they'd ship you to the fever Islands, enslave your kids and f**k your wife, burn down your house and nick your last rolo without a moments thought if there was a smidgen of personal advantage to be gained. 

I hold no candle for Northern Irish Unionism but the hilarious inevitablity of seeing them strutting about Westminster post GE2017 only to get roundly shafted as soon as it was expedient to do so, was almost worthy of sympathy. Almost but not quite. 

Boris Johnson doing a speech to the DUP conference saying "There will never be a border within the United Kingdom" months before signing a deal that put that very border in place was peak trolling by Big Dog. 

34 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I recall an anecdote about the late Rev. Paisley speaking to a new MP at Westminster (could have been an SDLP representative) along the lines of “I know it’s great to be elected here, just remember these people don’t give a damn about you or the people you represent” He knew because that’s how he felt as well. I suspect some Tories like Mundell know this but don’t care for financial reasons. Others like Bowie are still at the early stage of delusion.

52 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

He has no shame, no dignity and no backbone, so, no, it can't possibly eat away at him on any level. 

He's just dutifully and diligently getting on with the job. The job he feels it was his destiny to fulfil. He's utterly worthless, and like his buddy Jack, ensconced in a safe Tory seat, probably for life if he wants (which I don't doubt he does).

I like to think Jack's seat isn't that safe.

It's very much a marginal. 

13 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

This is simply arrant nonsense.  1. Britain is a self-determined liberal democracy and  the idea of it being partitioned by a shower of Scotch exceptionalists is beyond contempt.  Scotland is, by no means, a political or social homogeneity and the idea it should self-determine in simply laughable.  2. Partitioning  Britain has heehaw to do with the EU.  When we just joined the EEC the Nats wanted  parition.   When we were at the heart of the EU the Nats wanted partition.  Now that we're (sadly) new leavers, guess what?  The Nats want partition.  The EU is just the bellyache of the moment for the perrenial grievance-mongers.

1- Britain is not a self-determined liberal democracy. It's an island. However if the UK a is self-determined liberal democracy then the constituent parts of it should be afford the same right to self-determination. If the main body of power within the UK, situated at Westminster, denies the constituent parts to decide if they wish self-determination then the UK cannot be a self-determined liberal democracy.

2- You say this as tho' the "Nats" who ran the various and differing and changing political parties steered toward independence are the same people. There are people who now support independence, post Brexit, who did not before. There are people who supported independence twenty years ago who now do not, etc. There has always been people in Scotland who want independence from the UK since the act of Union and, until independence happens, there always will be. That doesn't mean they all want it for the same reasons, for their whole life or that their reasons can't change. Painting it in such a way is a nonsense.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Playing at winning STEELY bingo, the unctuous little runt.

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

1- Britain is not a self-determined liberal democracy. It's an island. However if the UK a is self-determined liberal democracy then the constituent parts of it should be afford the same right to self-determination. If the main body of power within the UK, situation at Westminster, denies the constituent parts to decide if they wish self-determination then the UK cannot be a self-determined liberal democracy.

2- You say this as tho' the "Nats" who ran the various and differing and changing political parties steered toward independence are the same people. There are people who now support independence, post Brexit, who did not before. There are people who supported independence twenty years ago who now do not, etc. There has always been people in Scotland who want independence from the UK since the act of Union and, until independence happens, there always will be. That doesn't mean they all want it for the same reasons, for their whole life or that their reasons can't change. Painting it in such a way is a nonsense.

He knows this. It’s pointed out every time the crushing boredom hits him like a sledgehammer and he dutifully copy-pastes the same spittle-flecked rants, hoping that someone, somewhere will pay attention to him.

2 minutes ago, Antlion said:

He knows this. It’s pointed out every time the crushing boredom hits him like a sledgehammer and he dutifully copy-pastes the same spittle-flecked rants, hoping that someone, somewhere will pay attention to him.

Replying to idiots is rarely for the benefit of the idiot. There's always a chance some other roaster will actually buy their snake oil so it's good to put doubt in their minds at least.