Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Most Scots didn't vote to remain in 2016  - which saddens me.  I certainly did.

Worse than that - the language and attitude of Brexit-supporters is near-perfectly reflected  in their Scexit cousins.  Jimmy bunnets aside, you'd struggle to get the gable end of a Rizla between those who support Brexit and their Scotch pals.  Both are an absolute plague.

There's some crossover, wibbling about sovereignty and self determination etc but there's very little (but not none) of the dog whistle "control our borders" really unsavoury xenophobia that characterised the Brexit campaign. 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

There's some crossover, wibbling about sovereignty and self determination etc but there's very little (but not none) of the dog whistle "control our borders" really unsavoury xenophobia that characterised the Brexit campaign. 

Except 'enforce our border' is the entire shtick of the Scexit movement.

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

Why would anyone bother? 😂

Your days as a poster worth conversing with are long, long gone. You're nothing more than a trolling bigot with a penchant for sharing the views of right wing extremists. Ripping the absolute pish out of you is pretty much your sole remaining function on this site

You might say his fictional P&B persona has finally caught up with real life.

Just now, coprolite said:

Not even trying anymore

Lights out for me 

I'm off to Glasgow in the morning with a waddin' in Larkhall to follow.  I'll travel from one part of Britain to another.

Sad that the ScotchNat horde would make me cross an international border.

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm off to Glasgow in the morning with a waddin' in Larkhall to follow.  I'll travel from one part of Britain to another.

You can travel from the North to the South of Ireland and back again without any difficulties, why should the Tweed be any different? 

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

No one wants us partitioned by a thicket of small-minded Anglophobes.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Most Scots didn't vote to remain in 2016  

Except 'enforce our border' is the entire shtick of the Scexit movement.

BINGO! Again. Gonna need more cards. 

GettyImages-944775590-5ba81f114cedfd0025a6591e.jpg

Edited by KingRocketman II

5 hours ago, Antlion said:

Then why did you vote for the party which delivered, espoused it, and championed it post 2016? Stockholm syndrome? Because the big boys on Twitter told you to (before they were banned)?

That will be because the Independent Green Voice Party, Britain First or the DUP didn't field a candidate in Kinkyshire.

Edited by dirty dingus

Kincardine cuts an odd figure in here these days.

He's clearly an articulate bloke and I think he's capable of analysis.  However, he chooses simply to say things now, then repeat them louder when pressed.  He makes no attempt at actual discussion and offers no nuance in his remarks.

He's always had a bit of sport in this way, but it seems to have now set pretty firmly for him, meaning he can only parrot phrases.  

Ironically enough, I think he maybe is best ignored on here.  He really can be characterised as an attention seeker. 

Folk seem to have missed the more worrying part of the Truss quote. 

"She's an attention seeker, that's what she is.

"What we need to do is show the people of Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales what we're delivering for them and making sure that all of our government policies apply right across the United Kingdom."

I can think of only two ways to achieve this. 

Tories winning elections in the Scottish Parliament, or abolishing the Scottish Parliament. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Always very revealing when these c***s are just trying to appeal to their own masses. 

Yip much like the "pay cuts for public sector in the north" stuff,it's all to appeal to south coast gammons 

Looking through the various reports I cannot see any of the MSM asking Sturgeon for a response to Truss’s comments.

You’d imagine a media striving for fair and balanced coverage would be looking for a response from Scotland’s FM given both the personal nature of the attack and the wider disdain for the Scottish electorate.

53 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Folk seem to have missed the more worrying part of the Truss quote. 

I can think of only two ways to achieve this. 

Tories winning elections in the Scottish Parliament, or abolishing the Scottish Parliament. 

Nah, they just need to legislate across the Scottish Parliament, and the other devolved nations as they have done with the TCA. They don't need to abolish it or knock it down they just need to ignore it. 

For starters that would remove the largest number of elected tories outside of Westminster. Although actually raising Holyrood to the ground might be the only way to get Murdo Fraser out of a job, so it wouldn't be all bad. 

All good grist for the indy mill tho. 

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

That is one of weakest arguments for the union I can think of.  You can go to the continent and cross international borders all day.  There are even towns in Belgium and the Netherlands where they live side by side.  Yet Belgian law does not apply in the Netherlands and vice versa.

The gammons might claim the EU is a unitary state much like the UK but really it isn't.  Few people in Czechia lose sleep worrying about what Fruitcake Le Pen is advocating for France or similarly the nutcases in Poland and Hungary.

Meanwhile people in Scotland are concerned that the UK Tory Party cannot find a normal person to lead them because it will also affect Scotland. 

Brexit got rid of any Tory that might have been tolerated.