Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
27 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:
I have no skin in this game and don't care if it's Liz or Rishi.  Neither of them represent the 'one nation' Tory idea of light government and minimal interference in people's lives that was the Tory party's hallmark.
Still, I hope whoever becomes PM recognises that 15 years of a dull-witted Nationalist administration in HR has resulted in two Scotland:  Those who buy snake-oil and those who laugh at them.

Truly pathetic attention seeking, from a sad old man

Talk me through which part of my very reasonable post was 'attention seeking'.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Can anyone on here name a country which is ruled absolutely from another country by a party that they did not vote for, as Scotland is.

That in essence is a dictatorship.

And I for one do not like being dictated to by a parcel of rogues.

Northern Ireland, Faroe Islands, Wales, Kurdistan, Western Sahara, Quebec, Curacao, Hawai'i, Kabylia, Rapa Nui, Matabele, Guam, Tibet, Chuuk, South Yemen.... there's a few.

37 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I know you're a bit stupid. 

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Still, I hope whoever becomes PM recognises that 15 years of a dull-witted Nationalist administration in HR has resulted in two Scotland:  Those who buy snake-oil and those who laugh at them.

To put it in syntax even you might understand:

”Your post result in two United Kingdom: Those who see you are idiots and those who write not word good.”

14 minutes ago, sophia said:

It's a spectacularly stupid stance to take, even more so when she forgets what she also said 

Not really.  Given how abject HR has been over the past 15 years it's entirely reasonable to ignore Sturgeon.

We are talking about a regional administrator who is utterly hopeless.

I don't mind of it's Liz or Rishi but we have to lance the Nationalist boil that is ruining Scotland.

13 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Northern Ireland, Faroe Islands, Wales, Kurdistan, Western Sahara, Quebec, Curacao, Hawai'i, Kabylia, Rapa Nui, Matabele, Guam, Tibet, Chuuk, South Yemen.... there's a few.

Northern Ireland is a Province.

The Faroe Islands part of Denmark, as is Greenland, have been self governing for years.

Wales is a principality with an english legal system.

Quebec is not a country, though the French would argue otherwise as I discovered in Chicoutimi.

Curacao became an constituent country in 2010.

Hawai is an American State and happily so, Obama is happy there. never been but my daughters loved their visit.

Guam is an American territory which benefits greatly from American military spending, the governor is elected by the people as is the local government, there is no popular movement for change.

Kurdistan - Splintered and not identified as one entity and regarded as a territory, Iran, Iraq and Turkey all involved,the Kurds identify as to which region thy are from.

Easter Island - There is an indigenous movement against Chile, I've seen the same in New Zealand with Maoris but it is not an overwhelming desire from the majority. The arguments are that the indigenous peoples were not the first settlers.

South Yemen is a Republic, as of 1994, which is involved in a civil war,

Matabele happens all over Africa, it can be tribal or a struggle for power and historic lands, the FLEC in dear old Angola's Cabinda is at the same thing.

I'll give you Tibet.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

I don't mind of it's Liz or Rishi but we have to lance the Nationalist boil that is ruining Scotland.

You expect Liz or Rishi to reverse Brexit and run you through with a lance?

has resulted in two Scotland:  Those who buy snake-oil and those who laugh at them.

used 'it's' rather than 'its' in a couple of posts.

Ah, grammar. Were you just a bit hasty in your delight at rubbishing Scotland? Did you mean to leave Scotland as singular or forget to make it plural? There's no need for capitalisation after the colon. 😉

Just now, betting competition said:

Never a good idea to tell the Scots no. Boris was clever to say to say not yet.

To be fair there are plenty of Scots who love being dominated by the titans of Westminster politics.

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Gammons cry about not getting respect…

Whatever your view on Scottish Independence, the SNP and Nicola Sturgeon there are certain incontrovertible facts.

Sturgeon has a mandate far greater than the Tory government.  Sturgeon has a mandate that Truss does not.

When you dismiss that mandate in those terms you’re not insulting Sturgeon you’re insulting all those who voted for the SNP and for Independence.  You’re saying that their voice is an irrelevance and should be ignored.

Whilst Truss is playing to an audience it is a truly stupid comment.   I trust that clip will be used to our advantage in the weeks and months to come.  Such is the stupidity of the UK’s next PM.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not really.  Given how abject HR has been over the past 15 years it's entirely reasonable to ignore Sturgeon.

We are talking about a regional administrator who is utterly hopeless.

Great plan, ignore the party elected with greater majorities than the Tories could ever dream of by one of the four nations of the union. I'm beginning to think you're a stealth partitionist.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Whatever your view on Scottish Independence, the SNP and Nicola Sturgeon there are certain incontrovertible facts.

Sturgeon has a mandate far greater than the Tory government.  Sturgeon has a mandate that Truss does not.

When you dismiss that mandate in those terms you’re not insulting Sturgeon you’re insulting all those who voted for the SNP and for Independence.  You’re saying that their voice is an irrelevance and should be ignored.

Whilst Truss is playing to an audience it is a truly stupid comment.   I trust that clip will be used to our advantage in the weeks and months to come.  Such is the stupidity of the UK’s next PM.

It's genuinely remarkably stupid.

Obviously, she's very clearly pitching to a very clear constituency.  However, to make such viciously dismissive remarks is exceptionally unwise.

Of course it's insulting to all of Scotland to say its 1st Minister is best ignored.  It really is indicative also of the intelligence and wisdom Truss will bring to her new job.

What I suppose it does for the SNP, is put to rest any anxiety about their best recruiter being deposed last month.  This one will be better yet.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Great plan, ignore the party elected with greater majorities than the Tories could ever dream of by one of the four nations of the union. I'm beginning to think you're a stealth partitionist.

More likely the fictional family are stubbornly refusing to whisper spirituous sweet nothings, and so attention can come only from the interweb tonight.