Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rishi Sunak blocked key measures designed to help the poorest households with the rising cost of living, government sources have claimed.

Documents seen by this newspaper show that Therese Coffey, the Work and Pensions Secretary, drew up formal proposals to use childcare funding provided through the Universal Credit system to pay for activities held after school hours and during holidays.

Documents seen by The Telegraph, hmmmmmmm.

Leaked by TeamRishi in a last bid attempt to woo the party faithful - whaddayathink?

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

She is essentially Johnson with a comb. And I think the Brexiters / hard right Tories backing her are going to be looking very silly in a few years. Her bluster about the protocol is a good example, as it's not possible to avoid further damage to the economy without further alignment with EU rules. As a result, I expect her to align with these rules before triggering Article 16. 

She is less intelligent than Johnson.  She has less charisma and presence than Johnson.  She has none of Johnson’s bluff and bluster.  She is less thick skinned than Johnson.

That last one will be what impacts her when the other three start taking their toll.

She is also too stupid to recognise her own failings or she would never have gone for the job.

She will be in the job for little more than two years at most and will go down in political history as an utter failure.

I have images of a mischievous "Liz Truss - This is your life" show, where she gets to meet her parents, the people she used to go on marches with, her former friends in the Lib Dems, Boris Johnson, Rishi Sunak and so on.  Might be entertaining.

Dorries further covering herself in glory by sharing a doctored image of Sunak holding a knife [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

She really is the needing helped back to whatever village it is she got lost from.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Dorries further covering herself in glory by sharing a doctored image of Sunak holding a knife emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

She really is the needing helped back to whatever village it is she got lost from.

Some other Tory twat had described Truss as a hand grenade and Dorries appeared on a news programme trying to convince the world that it was a compliment and that it meant "Liz gets things done". You do know what a hand grenade does Nadine? It maims, disfigures and kills people. Oh, you do? Thought so you utter fucking cretin.

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

She is less intelligent than Johnson.  She has less charisma and presence than Johnson.  She has none of Johnson’s bluff and bluster.  She is less thick skinned than Johnson.

That last one will be what impacts her when the other three start taking their toll.

She is also too stupid to recognise her own failings or she would never have gone for the job.

She will be in the job for little more than two years at most and will go down in political history as an utter failure.

She won't get two years and neither would Sunak.  The huge problems facing the UK would have been a massive test for competent and experienced politicians, never mind these two utter lightweights.  The Tories and the rabid right-wing media know this of course but we are now long into a parallel universe.

When I was a young man and Major took over from Thatcher a lot of folk thought he was a lightweight and would be gone after the next election and would just be a footnote in history like Alec Douglas-Home....

4 hours ago, blackislekillie said:

Some other Tory twat had described Truss as a hand grenade and Dorries appeared on a news programme trying to convince the world that it was a compliment and that it meant "Liz gets things done". You do know what a hand grenade does Nadine? It maims, disfigures and kills people. Oh, you do? Thought so you utter fucking cretin.

That was Dominic Cummings, because of her habit of leaking stuff from cabinet meetings to pet hacks straight after.

6 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I see we're getting an imbecile because the people deciding are a bit racist there now. 

BTWEm9WCIAAzmkt-1.png

Who would have thought all those racist UKIPers and Britain First types that rushed to join the Tories after brexit would be against a  brown PM? Mind blown. Tim And Eric Reaction GIF

Edited by dirty dingus

18 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

And she'll care not a jot about any of that when she's managed to leverage her brief stint in power into a series of "jobs" earning millions from the people she's performed favours for.

I see all tory politicians and tory voters as self gratifying right wing enemies of us the working class.

The sooner Scotland is Independent and rid of this archaic shambolic political system which only serves to divide society the better.

We as Scots have not entertained/voted for these political pariahs in living memory so why the f**k do we have to be governed by them, it is absolute nonsense that our lives are ruled by a class that we absolutely do not recognise as having any understanding of our way of life.

Scotland deserves better and there is only one way forward to rid ourselves of the corruption and fraud which is openly paraded as being the norm in political life. 

On 30/07/2022 at 15:23, BFTD said:

That's my old man. My strategy's been to listen to his ranting and pop in a passive comment about the contradictions in his arguments, making sure it doesn't come across as though I'm disagreeing with him. Stimulate the old grey matter.

He's piped down a lot over the past couple of years, as he doesn't understand why all of the promises and assumptions he's been making haven't come to pass (mainly to do with leaving the EU). As a working-class man, he's particularly confused about why the government seem more concerned with reducing workers' rights instead of deporting foreigners, who he blames for literally every problem to have beset the UK in the past seventy years (along with unions and universities, for some reason that I've never managed to establish).

It's actually quite painful to see the gradual dawning that he (and many of his generation) have been had, but I still can't feel too much sympathy as they aren't going to have to deal with consequences, and "the government aren't kicking out as many foreigners as we wanted" isn't a position that inspires much empathy.

Feel your pain BFTD, sounds very similar to my own Dad. Can't understand how such a great man and great Dad could have such views, I am at the stage now where I can't talk to him about any kind of current affairs.