Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The same rag today has the result of their own poll which claims that Truss would defeat Starmer in a GE.  Not impossible of course, but I rather it was a bigger sample than 17 elderly folk in a Worthing care home.

The headline about that poll is misleading.  The poll shows 1% more of those polled would prefer Truss to Starmer for PM but still shows a substantial lead of those voting Labour over those voting Tory.

The race to be the new PM is really looking interesting now. Sunak is saying the country is facing a "national emergency" and taking aim at the economy, NHS and immigration (obv). That'll appeal to the Dunkirk spirit, flag waving, Brexit means Brexit, pulling up the drawbridge brigade. Truss is going to have a bonfire of EU laws and scrap all those she feels hinder growth, so that'll appeal to the Dunkirk spirit, flag waving, Brexit means Brexit ...

malcolm-tucker-fucking-fuck-me.gif.a1b8e84baa425f168a704814863e0fc6.gif

Is this ever going to be over?

This interminable "contest", obviously, but life in general too. I'd take the latter if it guaranteed the former.

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Yes I am - Katy Balls, Deputy Editor of the Spectator is married to a guy named Max Bye, son of Ruby Wax.

I would rather hope that the son of Ruby Wax would go under the name Max Wax.......which reminds me my car needs a clean.

Truss and Sunak's plans have the same primary goal, fulfil the real Brexit purpose of deregulating the City, getting rid of employee protection legislation, lowering taxes and further dismantling of the welfare state. The only difference is the way of getting there, Sunak's more concerned about not wrecking the economy by rushing it.

3 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

My cat would beat Starmer. 

Your cat cares about nothing but themselves, cuddles up to you when it wants a pat but is quite prepared to turn round and bite you, gets adaquately fed but will still steal the food off your plate given half a chance and will leave hairballs and worse all over your house and not give a toss 

In other words a natural Tory leader.

(I like cats btw) 

10 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

I would rather hope that the son of Ruby Wax would go under the name Max Wax.......which reminds me my car needs a clean.

Also the son of Ed Bye, the original director of Red Dwarf, among other things.

I saw a strange interview with Ruby Wax years ago, where she admitted to having all sorts of problems, and that she didn't love her husband when they got married. That can't have been a nice thing to hear.

52 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

The race to be the new PM is really looking interesting now. Sunak is saying the country is facing a "national emergency" and taking aim at the economy, NHS and immigration (obv). That'll appeal to the Dunkirk spirit, flag waving, Brexit means Brexit, pulling up the drawbridge brigade. Truss is going to have a bonfire of EU laws and scrap all those she feels hinder growth, so that'll appeal to the Dunkirk spirit, flag waving, Brexit means Brexit ...

malcolm-tucker-fucking-fuck-me.gif.a1b8e84baa425f168a704814863e0fc6.gif

If they really want to catch the mood of the nation in this post irony time then the final televised debate should be in the style of a slimmed down version of the five Yorkshiremen from the Secret Policeman’s Ball.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If they really want to catch the mood of the nation in this post irony time then the final televised debate should be in the style of a slimmed down version of the five Yorkshiremen from the Secret Policeman’s Ball.

Televised debates? Luxury!

When I were a lad, we had to crawl from door to door through broken glass to speak to voters, only to get battered around the head with a cricket bat for looking too foreign.

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Televised debates? Luxury!

When I were a lad, we had to crawl from door to door through broken glass to speak to voters, only to get battered around the head with a cricket bat for looking too foreign.

To demonstrates once and for all that I am capable of exercising SOME restraint when discussing politics, I have decided to state that, following on from BFTD's Monty Python contribution, I will offer no comment one way or the other as to whether I think that the world would be a better or worse place if the fathers of the Tory leadership contenders had sliced them in two with a bread knife. 

No siree, not this bloke.