Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Truss saying the last 20 years of economic policy haven't delivered. Interesting. Are there any other options available?

#youYes yet

Staggered by the boldness of opening that particular can of worms. She's flat-out admitting that the opposition's predictions were correct and her party have been a massive failure in their declared aims. Tossing the party on the bonfire if they don't vote for her (presumably) radical new ideas.

Of course, nobody will remember or care by the next General Election, so she'd be as well saying that Cameron, May, and Johnson have been too busy wanking aff dugs to bother with the economy.

2 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Is there a more chilling political phrase than "my values are Thatcherite"?

"a child's performance has more to do with genetic makeup than the standard of his or her education" - current anti-Tory hero Dominic Cummings
"Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy" - oft-quoted right-wing hero Benito Mussolini
"Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, I wanna sex you up" - hero sandwich gobbler Cyril Smith

21 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Staggered by the boldness of opening that particular can of worms. She's flat-out admitting that the opposition's predictions were correct and her party have been a massive failure in their declared aims. Tossing the party on the bonfire if they don't vote for her (presumably) radical new ideas.

Of course, nobody will remember or care by the next General Election, so she'd be as well saying that Cameron, May, and Johnson have been too busy wanking aff dugs to bother with the economy.

"a child's performance has more to do with genetic makeup than the standard of his or her education" - current anti-Tory hero Dominic Cummings
"Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy" - oft-quoted right-wing hero Benito Mussolini
"Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, I wanna sex you up" - hero sandwich gobbler Cyril Smith

if they can get a clip of her saying it - a really short, snappy one - then it'll be toast for them. Remember how much the Tories made of Liam Byrne's joke note in 2010 that there was no money left? Labour need to show a Truss clip or line that says their economics are rotten over and over again. 

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

if they can get a clip of her saying it - a really short, snappy one - then it'll be toast for them. Remember how much the Tories made of Liam Byrne's joke note in 2010 that there was no money left? Labour need to show a Truss clip or line that says their economics are rotten over and over again. 

They'd need to get the newspaper proprietors and Heads of News to bang on about it for months on end.

In other words, it's not happening.

4 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Any TV debate is going to end up as them both just shouting Thatcher at each other, isn't it? Which of course is all it will take to have the faithful cheering and waving a flag.

I expect it to be something along these lines

27 minutes ago, Snafu said:

The Telegraph (Chris Evans) not get a shout?

After all they have been running the country for the last 2 years.

You mean the deeply strange Barclay twins?

If I believed in the supernatural I’d be inclined to think there are a couple of very crazed/drunk universal sentinels looking down and saying.  “Right we gave them Boris Johnson and they accepted it, what can we do now?”

“Truss, really dude let’s see if they take Truss”.

“OK but if they do man then we only have the Mogg/Dorries dream ticket left to play”.

On 20/07/2022 at 17:28, Granny Danger said:

The SNP holding the balance of power after the next GE is the best, and possibly only, hope for the people of Scotland.  That is more likely under Truss as PM that Sunak IMO.

If shite Tory 1 in charge for 28 months instead of shite Tory 2 is the price to pay then so be it.  It’s not going to be great if Sunak wins either.

Couldn’t disagree more. Truss is already unpopular and a couple of years of mismanagement and public gaffes make a whopping Labour majority a stick on. 

Sunak premiership would make a hung Parliament highly likely. 

On 15/07/2022 at 09:23, John Lambies Doos said:
On 14/07/2022 at 23:22, virginton said:

No we don't, we want the most incompetent arsehole winning, I'm thinking of bigger picture

The bigger picture is PM Truss pushing declaring war with Russia to try and get her Falklands moment. She is the most dangerously unhinged individual to have come close to the highest office in this country yet. 

16 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Couldn’t disagree more. Truss is already unpopular and a couple of years of mismanagement and public gaffes make a whopping Labour majority a stick on. 

Sunak premiership would make a hung Parliament highly likely. 

Nope.  Charity bet if you want.

36 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If I believed in the supernatural I’d be inclined to think there are a couple of very crazed/drunk universal sentinels looking down and saying.  “Right we gave them Boris Johnson and they accepted it, what can we do now?”

“Truss, really dude let’s see if they take Truss”.

“OK but if they do man then we only have the Mogg/Dorries dream ticket left to play”.

Fabricant.

There's an idea for a discussion - putting aside their party allegiance, which MP is the least likely to become PM?

Diane Abbott has to be a candidate, but for very different reasons depending on who you talk to.

27 minutes ago, virginton said:

The bigger picture is PM Truss pushing declaring war with Russia to try and get her Falklands moment. She is the most dangerously unhinged individual to have come close to the highest office in this country yet. 

Almost certainly true, but there is no way the Pentagon and their lapdogs in Whitehall would ever countenance a hot war with even a weakened Russia.

12 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Almost certainly true, but there is no way the Pentagon and their lapdogs in Whitehall would ever countenance a hot war with even a weakened Russia.

Would be grimly amusing to see the rest of NATO step back and say, "fill yer boots, Vlad, this is nothing to do with us".

Imagine the vacant terror in Oor Liz's eyes. Bless.