Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
43 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:
Tugboat Tom out of the running.

Not a good result for Mordaunt - she dropped a vote on round 2 - not surprised as she is bring exposed for the vacuous principleless publicity whore that she is.

That didn’t do Johnson any harm, to be fair.

11 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Although Badenough finished fourth it would be interesting if a chunk of Cap'n Tom's votes now migrated to her.

If the conventional wisdom is that Tugendhat's supporters are likely to prefer Sunak, then all of them holding their noses and voting for Badenoch would knock out Truss, then almost certainly make it a Sunak v Badenoch final ballot - the only scenario that currently shows a Sunak win amongst the membership.

I could see most of Tugendhat's going to Mordaunt, and Badenoch and Truss splitting the right, so Mordaunt does well in the next round. After that it will depend whether the MPs really want Truss or Badenoch to have a chance of leading them into the next election if they beat Sunak.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:
Tugboat Tom out of the running.

Not a good result for Mordaunt - she dropped a vote on round 2 - not surprised as she is bring exposed for the vacuous principleless publicity whore that she is.

I thought those were her strengths.

6 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The more we I've listened to Tugenhadt the more I'm convinced that he's an extremely intense individual, slightly unhinged even, who is absolutely unsuited to high political office.  I very much see his candidacy as a 'Goddammit men, something must be done !!' quasi-military mission, and I'm wondering if he is the individual Cummings was referring to when he said one of them is even more insane than Truss.

If you'd followed debates in the Foreign Affairs Select Committee which Tugenhadt chaired it seemed at one point he was about ready to declare war on China. 

He's having a go at sandal wearers eh? Which European nation is well known for wearing socks and sandals...

fawlty.jpg.3bc6ffb5b4f19e9c9e31f39f1ae788a4.jpg