Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, coprolite said:

"If people see us talking they'll realise we're a bunch of stupid arseholes."

That sums it up.

They've (only just) realised how stupid they are making themselves look.

There really should be a GE, ASAP.

I wonder if they’ve given any thought to the optics of this decision.  I seriously doubt it.

I think there’s another PMQs on Wednesday.  It’s a pity that the leader of the opposition is so ineffectual, there is a great attack line here.

17 minutes ago, coprolite said:

"If people see us talking they'll realise we're a bunch of stupid arseholes."

It is a bit of a shame... Tuggytwat drops in reminders about his military service so often, he can't be far from going full Lance-Corporal Jones and banging on about the battle of Omdurman. 

Still, not participating in debates just goes to show that senior Tories "don't like it up 'em". 

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I wonder if they’ve given any thought to the optics of this decision.  I seriously doubt it.

I think there’s another PMQs on Wednesday.  It’s a pity that the leader of the opposition is so ineffectual, there is a great attack line here.

Angela Rayner doing it on Wednesday.

(Labour's next leader)

4 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Sky should still go ahead with it 

Yeah, invite the remaking three and empty chair anyone who doesn’t turn up.  Or better still tub of lard them.

ETA - just beaten to it!!!

Edited by Granny Danger

9 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

It is a bit of a shame... Tuggytwat drops in reminders about his military service so often, he can't be far from going full Lance-Corporal Jones and banging on about the battle of Omdurman. 

Still, not participating in debates just goes to show that senior Tories "don't like it up 'em". 

He was in the military, was he?  For some reason I thought he use to be a waiter.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Fools seldom differ…

When it comes to a contest between 3 Tory leadership candidates and two tubs of lard, the outcome might be closer than you think. 

As I recall, when HIGNFY substituted a tub of lard for Paul Merton's intended partner Roy Hattersley, Merton still won the game. 

14 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

A lot of continental Europeans will just refer to the UK emoji636.png as England emoji636.png

Actually what I did there was just click on the auto flag that comes up whether I type in England or UK. Kinda gives more strength to my point.

In America too, England and Britain are interchangeable. Most folk don't refer to the UK, so the Norn get fucked over worse than us.

On more than one occasion, I had people asking me where Scotland was - they'd heard of it, and knew it wasn't England, but didn't place it as part of Britain. A few seemed to think we had something to do with Scandinavia, which isn't a bad guess, when you think about it.

4 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

When it comes to a contest between 3 Tory leadership candidates and two tubs of lard, the outcome might be closer than you think. 

As I recall, when HIGNFY substituted a tub of lard for Paul Merton's intended partner Roy Hattersley, Merton still won the game. 

Aye, famously Ian Hislop didn't win a series until more than a decade in (IIRC). He had a head-in-hands moment when he realised that he'd lost to a tub of lard, and I think Merton's final round of questions were in Chinese, but he still won  :lol:

Hislop generally has the knowledge, but Merton's tactic has always been to cut in with the answer while Hislop's waffling, and has already done the hard work for him. Most amusing.

The two debates thus far have been woeful, so a cancellation of a third is no great loss.  There's been no debate of a resolution of the NI Protocol, clamping down on tax avoidance, the inhumane policy on Rwanda, the utter lie of levelling up, the implosion of the NHS, etc.,

Instead we've had questions tailored to 75-year old white Englishmen watching in golf club snugs across southern England.

Two Tories in work (that I know of and have admitted they vote for them and are anti-independence) on a Teams call yesterday, not concerned about the CoL crisis, Brexit etc or the fact that WM doesn't care about Scotland and the fact that it is in no way a 'Union of equals' - 

'Aww I love the leaders debates this week, all the drama and seeing who can out-do the other'.

That's what were dealing with in Scotland, cunts like them in their 50s and 60s.