Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:
What, her becoming PM or being a wid?

Her being a wid. She will be the next English PM

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:
What, her becoming PM or being a wid?

Both

I note neither of you have directly commented upon the late M Thatcher in conjunction with this unpleasantness. This leaves me safe with the assumption that you, like Alan Clark, have a sneaking attraction to her

An interesting thread not so much because of the leadership contest but because it shows how close the cost of living crisis is to boiling over. 

This winter there are going to be millions of households that are going to join the ranks of limiting the heating and being careful with food who have never done it before and those are the people who are going to go really crazy. 

An interesting thread not so much because of the leadership contest but because it shows how close the cost of living crisis is to boiling over. 
This winter there are going to be millions of households that are going to join the ranks of limiting the heating and being careful with food who have never done it before and those are the people who are going to go really crazy. 
Really crazy UK style of course being a rant on the local twitter page. As always us serfs in the UK will simply suck it up as we are conditioned to do, there will be no storming of the barricades in good old Blighty.

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Really crazy UK style of course being a rant on the local twitter page. As always us serfs in the UK will simply suck it up as we are conditioned to do, there will be no storming of the barricades in good old Blighty.

I think it will spill over in terms of violence. Definitely increased domestic violence, probably a noticeable increase in street crime and anti social behaviour and possibly something like the 2011 riots.

The Tories can't do anything over than try to turn people against each other. 

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Just wait... In a couple of months ASDA will bring out own brand foie gras, caviar and quail eggs. 

I think Sunak is trying to get support behind Truss because he'd smash her in a vote between the Conservative fans. Sunak wins against pretty much all of the candidates in a run off except from Mordaunt. He wants her out of the race and is trying his best to facilitate that.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think Sunak is trying to get support behind Truss because he'd smash her

Gee, thanks for that image.

1197298329-CatsMeOuch_Shudder_5B1_5D.gif

Just now, BFTD said:

Gee, thanks for that image.

1197298329-CatsMeOuch_Shudder_5B1_5D.gif

Would it be any worse than the John Major/Edwina Currie imagery the Conservative party created?

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Would it be any worse than the John Major/Edwina Currie imagery the Conservative party created?

Neither would make the top 5 of a Tory nightmare shagging league table.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know a guy who was an MP back in the day.  He said that Edwina Currie was very attractive IRL!

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I know a guy who was an MP back in the day.  He said that Edwina Currie was very attractive IRL!

Did he make PM? Because he's a cracking liar if that's the case.

35 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think Sunak is trying to get support behind Truss because he'd smash her in a vote between the Conservative fans. Sunak wins against pretty much all of the candidates in a run off except from Mordaunt. He wants her out of the race and is trying his best to facilitate that.

I think the most likely winner is Mordaunt because she possesses all of the qualities Tories like (general malice and visceral dislike of the disadvantaged) and none of the negative characteristics they dislike (wrong skin tone).

Short-sighted of the Tories if this comes to pass; who better to heal any ruptures in the Conservative Party than Truss. 

47 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You think Tory Party members will chose a brown guy over Truss?