Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One of these loons is going to be running the UK in eight weeks time 

I don't have much time for the Royals but if Brenda, Brian and Wullie suddenly decided to have an absolutist monarchy it would almost be an improvement

The candidates just make me think of a Cruyff quote that you could put them all in a sack, hit it with a big stick and there's not one of them wouldn't deserve it

Edited by tamthebam
Spellung

15 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

The UK is fucked. And I mean really fucked, like tea bagged fucked. It's scary and exhilarating at the same time

The possibility that Kemi Badenoch - a person of Nigerian extract married to a Hamish -  a person of Scottish extract - could become our next PM shows me that Britain is working perfectly.

The functional part of Britain is hosting the women's euros.  A fantastic competition so far with great attitude from the players, good venues and great crowds.  Britain playing its part of putting women's football on the map.

The functional part of Britain will be host to the second-largest multi-sport event on the planet.  The Commonwealth Games at the end of July.   I expect great crowds, decent facilities and a fantastic set of events.  Brum will put on a great show.

The dysfunctional part of Britain is the one letting the side down.  Here's how Jockland - the hame o' gowf - is regarded:

lol Priti Patel fails to get enough backers.

They're all horrible, self-serving liars who will cater their promises to what their increasingly elderly members want. Average age is 72. Pandering will become the order of the day. Rishi is hoping they fancy him. He is well prepared, thanks to taxpayer funds:

Rishi Sunak spends £500,000 of taxpayers’ cash on focus groups ‘to repair his image’ | The Independent

The Rish bitch won't spend his own funds.

The possibility that Kemi Badenoch - a person of Nigerian extract married to a Hamish -  a person of Scottish extract - could become our next PM shows me that Britain is working perfectly.
The functional part of Britain is hosting the women's euros.  A fantastic competition so far with great attitude from the players, good venues and great crowds.  Britain playing its part of putting women's football on the map.
The functional part of Britain will be host to the second-largest multi-sport event on the planet.  The Commonwealth Games at the end of July.   I expect great crowds, decent facilities and a fantastic set of events.  Brum will put on a great show.
The dysfunctional part of Britain is the one letting the side down.  Here's how Jockland - the hame o' gowf - is regarded:

It may have passed you by, but any rail chaos in Scotland is neither Scotrail nor the Scotgov's doing.

https://www.scotrail.co.uk/about-scotrail/news/aslef-members-vote-accept-scotrail-pay-deal

25 minutes ago, jakedee said:

It may have passed you by, but any rail chaos in Scotland is neither Scotrail nor the Scotgov's doing.

Nothing has passed me by.  As Scotland - politically, socially and economically - is nose-diving off a cliff nothing is ever the fault of ScotGov.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nothing has passed me by.  As Scotland - politically, socially and economically - is nose-diving off a cliff nothing is ever the fault of ScotGov.

It may also have passed you by that the railway station in St Andrews shut in 1969 (The fencing you have to drive over at the 17th replicate the outline of the station's goods sheds)

It's impossible to get to St Andrews by train and has been since 6th January 1969.

2 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

It may also have passed you by that the railway station in St Andrews shut in 1969 (The fencing you have to drive over at the 17th replicate the outline of the station's goods sheds)

It's impossible to get to St Andrews by train and has been since 6th January 1969.

If ever there was a bloke to defend the indefensible here we are.

The essence of being a ScotchNat is the art of believing jobby tastes like chocolate.

Penny Mordaunt is nailed on Nap if you are a betting man (which I am).
I can't get any betting sites out here in Lara Beach or even oddschecker
Can someone put the latest betting up while I attempt to circumvent the ban on gambling here.

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The dysfunctional part of Britain is the one letting the side down.  

How was the 12th for you and upon cold morning reflection would you perhaps embrace an obvious flaw in your late night polemic?

I'll accept an answer based upon the word "Britain"  but you will be marked down for obfuscation.

Edited by sophia

36 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Can someone put the latest betting up while I attempt to circumvent the ban on gambling here.

Yes, it looks like it. The right of the Tory party have fucked it by failing to back a single candidate, splitting their vote between Badenoch, Braverman and Truss. Once they come to that realisation they will pick the staunchest Brexiter left which is Mordaunt. 

8 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

None of them are fit for office. When you consider that this is the best the Tories can come up with and Starmer is the best Labour can come up with, then you can clearly see why Westminster is in the mess that it is. None of these people have any real substance. Any policies they have are populist and playing to their base.

The only unifying thing they have is that they are not Labour, but cannot define what their principles are. 

"principles"?

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Telling that you regard a partitionist, Brexit-voting, leaderless government which is pursuing an ever more racist, extremist set of policies “perfect”. At least you’ll no longer be able to pretend to be anti-Brexit…

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

I got 9/1 on her on June 6th.. 8) Current next PM odds..

image.thumb.png.fb9b7a01409eeb78ede3cb9fd083f135.png

Edited by welshbairn

Born again brexiteer ginky complaining about rail strikes about a town that doesn't have a train station is some look.Reminds me of the couple that asked me where they get a train to lerwick a few years ago 

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

Yes, it looks like it. The right of the Tory party have fucked it by failing to back a single candidate, splitting their vote between Badenoch, Braverman and Truss. Once they come to that realisation they will pick the staunchest Brexiter left which is Mordaunt. 

I would expect Badenach & Braverman to get eliminated in the early rounds and Truss to pick up the majority of their votes.

Is Badenoch even a serious candidate, or has she been promised a plum job if she espouses "red meat" policies to get them into the debate? The depressing aspect is that the candidates are trying to impress by the party membership - the nastiest of the nasty.