Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I take it all the Unionists are up in arms about all the candidates offering jam tomorrow and a greater economy sometime in the future? Rishi not offering tax cuts as yet so he'll probably offer half price meals again.

34 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I take it all the Unionists are up in arms about all the candidates offering jam tomorrow and a greater economy sometime in the future? Rishi not offering tax cuts as yet so he'll probably offer half price meals again.

It gets better, or worse, depending on your viewpoint. Tory ministers have been talking for weeks in the Commons about delays in passports, driving licences, processing asylum claims, the courts system etc, but candidate Zahawi says if he becomes PM, he'll cut every department budget by 20%. Huh! There was me thinking that public services were important. 

(I'll leave the Unionists to work out the impact on Barnett consequentials.) 

If Sturgeon said she'd do that in Scotland, certain posters here would be incandescent with rage to the point of spontaneous combustion. 😳

Zahawi seems to be the one getting his prior indiscretions dredged up at the moment, so he must have pissed off an influential donor at some point.

Chishti might end up winning by default once all the big hitters have torn themselves apart.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

It gets better, or worse, depending on your viewpoint. Tory ministers have been talking for weeks in the Commons about delays in passports, driving licences, processing asylum claims, the courts system etc, but candidate Zahawi says if he becomes PM, he'll cut every department budget by 20%. Huh! There was me thinking that public services were important. 

(I'll leave the Unionists to work out the impact on Barnett consequentials.) 

If Sturgeon said she'd do that in Scotland, certain posters here would be incandescent with rage to the point of spontaneous combustion. 😳

Don't you know that the public sector is bloated and inefficient? Simply stopping spending money on woke nonsense will save 10%. The remaining 8% will come from efficiency savings generated by private sector investment. 

Torynomics.

4 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

You always have to assume these fuckers are up to no good so the proper oddballs and outsiders like Badenoch, Braverman etc may simply be trying to split the vote to knock out one or other of the bigger beasts in the early rounds. 

Some of them are just trying to increase their public profile in hopes of landing a cabinet position.

3 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

You always have to assume these fuckers are up to no good so the proper oddballs and outsiders like Badenoch, Braverman etc may simply be trying to split the vote to knock out one or other of the bigger beasts in the early rounds. 

I remember IDS being  the fringe loony with no chance, shortly before sneaking in while Portillo and Clarke beat the shit out of each other. 

Some of these folk have joined the race simply to raise their profile. They know they have no chance but here is a chance to get in the papers, get a bit of name recognition and hopefully get a cabinet post when the next nutjob takes over. 

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I think this general consensus of increasing public spending whilst cutting taxes is a great idea.

Can’t see any flaws with it myself.

Lotsa talk about bloodletting but as you say all the policy declarations so far have been fairly similar - on IndyRef2 both Hunt & Javid said "at least 10 years" yesterday morning within minutes of each other.

I don't see any significant policy differences emerging so I'm hoping for PP, her being a credible candidate (whodathunkit?) but still clearly bonkers.