The Delgados reform

Jimi Shandrix

I've been tucked up in hospital for a week so apologies if this has already been mentioned somewhere else but a mate of mine close to the band has just told me that one of Scotland's finest bands from the 90's, The Delgados, have announced that they are getting back together. Not sure if there is new music on the way but certainly there is a gig at the Barras in the offing. If ever a band deserved to make a happy buck from their not inconsiderable back catalogue then it is undoubtedly the best thing to come out of Motherwell since, well....mmm, I'm not sure. They never really really made a bad record and whilst I can understand lots of folk being all over "The Great Eastern", I have a very soft spot for "Domestiques."

Wonderful band with amazing albums and also created an amazing label Chemikal Underground that was so important for the Scottish Music scene in the 90s.

I love the documentary Lost in France which was about a bus tour from Glasgow to France with those in Chemikal Underground playing in small town Mauron in 1997. 

I love The Delgados, one of my favourite music memories from recently times was standing at the bar in Barrowlands just before seeing Arab Strap in 2017 and seeing Emma, Paul and Stuart walking towards me through the crowd.