The General Ross County Chat Thread

I was listening to the pre-match build-up on the radio last night before switching to the TV for the game itself. Stuart Kettlewell was one of the pundits, and 30 seconds after saying Fergie is his best friend (which was nice, but also establishes he's still well-connected to the club) went on to say that he didn't think he was "telling tales outside of school" in saying that County are operating with their biggest ever budget this year, more commensurate with the top six finish from last year.

That was interesting to hear as it makes a difference to how our performance should be judged. It's one thing struggling at the bottom if the manager is working on a reduced budget and expected to perform miracles. It would seem that's not the case. I guess the likes of Dhanda and Purrington, probably even Hiwula (which is scary to think) were enticed north on decent wages.

Makes it all the more baffling that Mackay wasn't sacked during the season.

36 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

I was listening to the pre-match build-up on the radio last night before switching to the TV for the game itself. Stuart Kettlewell was one of the pundits, and 30 seconds after saying Fergie is his best friend (which was nice, but also establishes he's still well-connected to the club) went on to say that he didn't think he was "telling tales outside of school" in saying that County are operating with their biggest ever budget this year, more commensurate with the top six finish from last year.

That was interesting to hear as it makes a difference to how our performance should be judged. It's one thing struggling at the bottom if the manager is working on a reduced budget and expected to perform miracles. It would seem that's not the case. I guess the likes of Dhanda and Purrington, probably even Hiwula (which is scary to think) were enticed north on decent wages.

This has shades of Alex Smith about it.

5 hours ago, Forfinn said:

That might, might, give an explanation as to why MM hasn’t been sacked thus far. Maybe it’s because Roy chucked all the eggs in his basket due to the money generated from last season and is too stubborn to admit that he got it wrong. I can count three games this season now (Hamilton, Hearts, Thistle) that were all sackable offences alone. I thought if we go down he still wouldn’t go - after seeing that I’m starting to think he might be if we don’t stay up Sunday.

4 hours ago, Sonam said:

Is anyone else hearing these Dhanda Sutherland signing rumours? True or BS?

Dhanda will not be playing in a Ross County shirt next season - be it in top flight or Championship. 

The only positive about our current squad is we could probably command fees for Dhanda , Loturi , Smith and Harmon although I’d like to see the latter 2 stay and develop regardless of our league next season.

resigned to losing Dhanda he just oozes quality , Loturi has just been called up to the Canada national team and has had a good first season with us so can clubs being interested in him

9 hours ago, Sonam said:

Is anyone else hearing these Dhanda Sutherland signing rumours? True or BS?

There were rumours a few weeks ago about a handful of English clubs sniffing around, IIRC it was Ipswich, Blackburn & Birmingham. Could well believe Sunderland fancy him too.

He's been a class above, one of the few positives really. He's also a professional and I don't worry that he'll be focused on anything besides Sunday's game until after Sunday.

It’s been an absolutely brutal season, and nothing would make me happier than Malky getting his jotters. However, we’ve one last chance to secure our Premiership status. Let’s just get the behind the boys today lads, eh? 

Agree with you 100% savage , I actually feel we have the building blocks of a pretty good team.

definitely need some positions upgrading namely centre half and wingers, will be very interesting to see our retained list after todays result.

I did not expect that today. Football, bloody hell etc. For all I've got my issues with the club, that was a hell of a rollercoaster ride.

If tomorrow we can have the new kit launch and a statement about the manager leaving "by mutual consent to pursue other opportunities" then that'll be the perfect end to the season.

2 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

If tomorrow we can have the new kit launch and a statement about the manager leaving "by mutual consent to pursue other opportunities" then that'll be the perfect end to the season.

Off to Queens Park, perhaps.