The General Ross County Chat Thread

8 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Noticed Gary Mackay Steven is supposedly being allowed to leave hearts , surely that’s the exact sort of signing we should be looking at especially given where he comes from 

Would he count as a 'home-grown' player for Europe next season?

On 11/01/2023 at 11:50, Rcfc fan said:

Noticed Gary Mackay Steven is supposedly being allowed to leave hearts , surely that’s the exact sort of signing we should be looking at especially given where he comes from 

Anything to do with Hearts players leaving would have caught the attention of Robbo.

Billy Dodds will be aware.

33 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

As far as I know he’s a bit raw on the ball but a bit of a unit. We didn’t have that type of destroyer midfielder before so generally quite happy with that as a short term fix.

I don't know the first thing about him granted, but I'd argue that if he is that kind of break up play type then is he not essentially the same as Tillson? 

After all the chat of an attacking minded player coming in, this is very underwhelming.

He played in Dingwall when Hibs beat County 2-0 earlier in the season. He was the ballast in midfield to allow Newell to stroke the ball about, but more importantly to let Porteous repeatedly step out with the ball. I thought he played fairly well that night but his role was quite specific. He was hooked at half-time when County won in Edinburgh, when they needed something to galvanise a bad performance. 

Edited by bunglebonce

16 minutes ago, central staggie said:

I don't know the first thing about him granted, but I'd argue that if he is that kind of break up play type then is he not essentially the same as Tillson? 

After all the chat of an attacking minded player coming in, this is very underwhelming.

I wouldn’t really class Tillson as a destroyer. To be honest, I don’t really know what Tillson gives you exactly. When I say destroyer I mean a proper powerhouse. We don’t have that, and haven’t had that since, maybe, Routis?

24 minutes ago, central staggie said:

I've been  led to believe that the attack minded player and striker are yet to be announced 

42 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I wouldn’t really class Tillson as a destroyer. To be honest, I don’t really know what Tillson gives you exactly. When I say destroyer I mean a proper powerhouse. We don’t have that, and haven’t had that since, maybe, Routis?

Routis was a good all-rounder with a strong physique. I don't think it was easy to tell what his best role was.

Tillson gives you lots of running and a goal every 100 matches.

ETA: I see the point of Kenneh as a summer signing when shaping a squad. This current squad needs midfielders to create chances though, not stop them. I think it only makes sense if one of Cancola, Tillson or Loturi are leaving now. 

Edited by bunglebonce

11 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Routis was a good all-rounder with a strong physique. I don't think it was easy to tell what his best role was.

ETA: I see the point of Kenneh as a summer signing when shaping a squad. This current squad needs midfielders to create chances though, not stop them. I think it only makes sense if one of Cancola, Tillson or Loturi are leaving now. 

Or Malky has no competence in his job.  

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

This is pretty much where I was going. They're obviously all not the same kind of players technically, but role wise they're all holding/deep lying midfielders. We now have another similar player position wise, meaning imo we're now overloaded there. Add to the fact Callachan appears to be undroppable and Dhanda now seems to be an important player, that really only leaves 1 slot.

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

Cancola is the only competent central midfielder we have, so hopefully not him...