The General Ross County Chat Thread

41 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

Good to hear your views, on the current footballing side of things I do think you’ve a good chance of avoiding the drop automatically if you can find goals from somewhere but that’s easier said than done. Confidence must also be lacking.

There’s little chance any premiership club is taken in a play-off by a championship side this season imo so I wouldn’t worry about that.

Things are glass ½ empty atm, due to recent results. But the fact remains that even if both Motherwell and DU win their game each in hand on us, County will be 4 points adrift of Killie above us in 11th. 

Things certainly aren't rosey at the moment but it's January and we're not exactly cut off from the pack yet so anything is possible 🤞🦌

51 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Things are glass ½ empty atm, due to recent results. But the fact remains that even if both Motherwell and DU win their game each in hand on us, County will be 4 points adrift of Killie above us in 11th. 

Things certainly aren't rosey at the moment but it's January and we're not exactly cut off from the pack yet so anything is possible 🤞🦌

I tend to agree with you that Kilmarnock are highly likely to be drawn into the big basement battle. 

Saturday was really disappointing, I left the ground deflated and thought that the result was a hammer blow to our chances of survival in this league.

Today is a new day and hope springs eternal. Looking at the league from 8th down to 12th there really isnt much between the sides. If we can get some fresh faces in and we can start scoring goals then I can see us just maybe getting out of this predicament. My hope is that if we have a sell on clause for Ross Stewart and if he is sold by Sunderland in the transfer window then cash maybe available to help bolster the sqaud. I live in hope!

Edited by silver

I do have to laugh at the comments on Facebook after matches. Along the lines of “yeah well if we just get a goal scorer we will be fine”, as if 20+ goal strikers are abundant. In seasons gone by, we tend to be able to score goals but haemorrhage them at the other end. This season though, we’re haemorrhaging goals and also can’t score. I genuinely think we’d need 4/5 in January to save us, and even then you’re hoping they gel immediately to get some sort of impact from there. Personally, I think we’re gone.

13 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I do have to laugh at the comments on Facebook after matches. Along the lines of “yeah well if we just get a goal scorer we will be fine”, as if 20+ goal strikers are abundant. In seasons gone by, we tend to be able to score goals but haemorrhage them at the other end. This season though, we’re haemorrhaging goals and also can’t score. I genuinely think we’d need 4/5 in January to save us, and even then you’re hoping they gel immediately to get some sort of impact from there. Personally, I think we’re gone.

There appear to be a number who think the second we drop Jordan White we'll start banging them in and cruise to 7th.

White doesn't score enough but I think Colak would struggle to score 15 a season in this team.

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

There appear to be a number who think the second we drop Jordan White we'll start banging them in and cruise to 7th.

White doesn't score enough but I think Colak would struggle to score 15 a season in this team.

14 goals in 21 games.  That is a relegation stat if ever there was one.

17 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

That is a significant point - in the two recent seasons we've turned things around it was mid-February before results improved.

3 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

14 goals in 21 games.  That is a relegation stat if ever there was one.

Im fairly sure we'd only scored 11 at this point last season, if that makes you feel better.

Aaron McGowan would be a laughable signing. I can’t remember what like he was when he was at Killie nor Accies so it’s not a swipe at him at all, however good or bad he is. However, to use resources on a player in an area we are already fairly secure in with other areas absolutely crying out for strengthening would just be, well, laughable.

24 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Noticed Gary Mackay Steven is supposedly being allowed to leave hearts , surely that’s the exact sort of signing we should be looking at especially given where he comes from 

There were rumours doing the rounds the other week that we (Motherwell) are looking at taking him.

Both Hammell and Burrows have said that we're 'hopeful' of bringing a couple of forwards asap in as we've been running with the absolute bare bones of a squad all season but Burrows pointed out were 'at the mercy' of the clubs our targets are currently with as they wanted to time the exits to suit them.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Rcfc fan said:

Noticed Gary Mackay Steven is supposedly being allowed to leave hearts , surely that’s the exact sort of signing we should be looking at especially given where he comes from 

I know it's only a (kind of) throw away comment but he would be the kind of signing that would give the supporters a bit of optimism. 

We'll push the boat out to sign a right back instead, though.