The General Ross County Chat Thread

14 hours ago, central staggie said:

It's been almost 20 years I've been on OTB, and it is sad that it is coming to an end. I've barely posted in years, but when I was growing up it was effectively the only way a teenager living in the central belt would keep up to date with all things County. It has lost almost all of its buzz in recent times, and theres no doubt it has been squeezed out almost completely. Nonetheless, for me anyway, and it's probably the nostalgia speaking, but it's a shame.

Same here.

15 hours ago, central staggie said:

It's been almost 20 years I've been on OTB, and it is sad that it is coming to an end. I've barely posted in years, but when I was growing up it was effectively the only way a teenager living in the central belt would keep up to date with all things County. It has lost almost all of its buzz in recent times, and theres no doubt it has been squeezed out almost completely. Nonetheless, for me anyway, and it's probably the nostalgia speaking, but it's a shame.

I used to post on the jailender and then otb but haven't really used otb in a decade. 

OTB became pretty toxic a while back.

On better news, a new signing today.  Will it be the bloke who cleared his own team’s goal off the line?  Will it be another central midfielder?  Or will it be the centre half they’re crying out for?

we do like right backs over six foot, don't we?

pretty decent looking signing, a player I have heard of, but only little bits

Just now, Comrie said:

we do like right backs over six foot, don't we?

pretty decent looking signing, a player I have heard of, but only little bits

Four full backs, and, god forbid, two actual left backs.   Very impressive on paper.   A little worried about the lack of goals, but if somebody can get 10-12 goals in the league from somewhere, that squad looks better than several others.  

The squad looks strong in terms of depth. The quality of the squad is a bit more open debate. Having said that, on paper, it's probably better than most of the last few seasons though. 

I expect County will end up anywhere between 5th and 11th. 

1 hour ago, yoda said:

The squad looks strong in terms of depth. The quality of the squad is a bit more open debate. Having said that, on paper, it's probably better than most of the last few seasons though. 

I expect County will end up anywhere between 5th and 11th. 

Let’s be honest, it’s going to hinge on Malkkky’s eye for a player.   He’s got a fairly decent hit rate on that front, with a couple of higher profile swing-and-misses.  

Edited by Savage Henry