The General Ross County Chat Thread

On 23/06/2022 at 10:03, central staggie said:

Well according to P&J (I think) he was offered a contract but turned it down. Don't know that it was actually the clubs decision. 

From what I have heard from speaking to someone earlier this week, and they got this direct from what I would say was very reliable and in the know source. Contract was offered and he was going to sign it. Then obviously the release came out he was turning it down. Knew about BW leaving back in May

According to twitter, Jake Eastwood has joined the team in Verona for pre-season. Wingers Kazeem Olaigbe and Owura Edwards from Southampton and Bristol City respectively are expected to join on loan imminently too.

R.E. Eastwood - what do we think the goalkeeping situation will be; surely getting to the point where Ross Munro will be thinking of chucking it.

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

According to twitter, Jake Eastwood has joined the team in Verona for pre-season. Wingers Kazeem Olaigbe and Owura Edwards from Southampton and Bristol City respectively are expected to join on loan imminently too.

R.E. Eastwood - what do we think the goalkeeping situation will be; surely getting to the point where Ross Munro will be thinking of chucking it.

I was just reading about Kazeem Olaigbe, he sounds like a top prospect, I can see why Southampton want him to get 1st team experience.

I don't know much about Owura Edwards but he seemed to do well in his last loan spell, with Colchester United, before a knee injury cut that short.

I wasn't impressed with Ross Munro, when he started in the United match. I'd be fearful if we went into a season with him as our only option to Laidlaw. Munro probably needs to leave, either on loan or permanently, to progress as a professional goalkeeper.

Munro I just don't think is good enough to be a top flight keeper. He was an utter bomb scare in the final vs Nomads and the few games I've seen him in since he looks a lower league keeper at best.

See that Graham Carey is heading to Perth.  Would he have been a good fit for County in 2022? Or is it a case of never-go-back?

It seemed from the outside that Carey was a victim of McIntyre’s antics - was simply just left to rot on the bench. He was one of our better players when he left and seems to have a had a good career since. I’m unsure what level he’s at now, he’s 33 and hasn’t played in Scotland for 8 years but he’s been playing in Europe consistently with CSKA Sofia so clearly an experienced pro. Wouldn’t jump to have him back like but he’ll definitely do a job for Saints I reckon.

9 hours ago, Comrie said:

Munro I just don't think is good enough to be a top flight keeper. He was an utter bomb scare in the final vs Nomads and the few games I've seen him in since he looks a lower league keeper at best.

5 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

They are a top quality outfit to be fair.

Agreed, very good on the road 

15 hours ago, House Bartender said:

See that Graham Carey is heading to Perth.  Would he have been a good fit for County in 2022? Or is it a case of never-go-back?

Class player, great left foot.

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

Olaigbe joins on loan from Southampton! Excited by this one.

Yes me too, effectively hungbo and RCCs replacements in the door in the last couple days , was hoping hungbo may be back but looks doubtful now , let’s hope the new ones can fill the void

7 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Yes me too, effectively hungbo and RCCs replacements in the door in the last couple days , was hoping hungbo may be back but looks doubtful now , let’s hope the new ones can fill the void

Southampton fans seem to think Olaigbe is their standout youth prospect so he could be a bit of a gem. I think the Hungbo comparison is very fitting looking at the clips of him. 

We could do with another centre half, full back, keeper and striker then I'll be quite happy.