The General Ross County Chat Thread

I can't quite believe QPR paid us a 6 figure fee for Donaldson when he broke through with us. He was an absolutely clumsy diddy back then and seems like he still is. 

11 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Roy says 4/5 to come in, starting from next week. Also says the club want to start delving into loans with option to buy so that the Clarke situation doesn’t reoccur.

Seems like wishful thinking after getting burnt over Clarke, it'd just mean you're only able to attract lesser quality players or get priced out of players like Clarke/Hungbo when their clubs suddenly want 300-800k which surely you'd have no chance of paying. It wouldn't do anything to stop the situation that just happened

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Seems like wishful thinking after getting burnt over Clarke, it'd just mean you're only able to attract lesser quality players or get priced out of players like Clarke/Hungbo when their clubs suddenly want 300-800k which surely you'd have no chance of paying. It wouldn't do anything to stop the situation that just happened

Should point out that RMcG has said there will be some option to buy loans - not that we would be dealing exclusively in them.

12 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Only massively over the odds to ICT - just because we he can.

FTFY 

The investment in Ro$$ Draper must've worked wonders for the accountant's cost benefit analysis spreadsheet

Should point out that RMcG has said there will be some option to buy loans - not that we would be dealing exclusively in them.

I said the club want to start delving into loans to buys so the Clarke situation doesn’t reoccur. I didn’t say we’re SOLELY dealing in option to buys; just another avenue that the club has never really explored other than J Irvine.

21 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I said the club want to start delving into loans to buys so the Clarke situation doesn’t reoccur. I didn’t say we’re SOLELY dealing in option to buys; just another avenue that the club has never really explored other than J Irvine.

Yeah, my reply was for the benefit of ATLIS.

A few Super J, Livi and Caley (I know, right?!) fans showing great concern for County's welfare this window...

Happy True Love GIF by The Bachelor

2 minutes ago, central staggie said:

Yeah, my reply was for the benefit of ATLIS.

A few Super J, Livi and Caley (I know, right?!) fans showing great concern for County's welfare this window...

Happy True Love GIF by The Bachelor

*shrugs*

I only commented on this thread because Jason Kerr was mentioned tbh.

Still haven't even heard any whiffs of transfer rumours.

Also I'd love Jason Kerr here for even half a season but there's zero chance of that happening.

Still haven't even heard any whiffs of transfer rumours.
Also I'd love Jason Kerr here for even half a season but there's zero chance of that happening.

Be some dosser from Nottingham Forest or Cardiff on loan that we’ll get as a replacement for Clarke no doubt.

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Trust me, Corey Panter is who you want. Luton fans think he'd fucking piss this league.

Isn't that what [insert english club fanbase] think every player they send up here should do?

On 08/01/2022 at 20:03, Comrie said:

Okay, my days of defending Coll Donaldson are over.

You should see his defending for the 2nd and 3rd goals as well. Pure Donaldson.

On 08/01/2022 at 20:07, ATLIS said:

I can't quite believe QPR paid us a 6 figure fee for Donaldson when he broke through with us.

I still can't believe Ross County gave us six figures for Donaldson.

Declan Drysdale, central defender signs on loan from Coventry City. ETA reading more, I think his full name might actually be “Declan on loan from Coventry City Drysdale”, as that is the story of his last couple of seasons, always to (often significantly) lower leagues in England. 22 years old. Hopefully he does well for us…??

Also lifting of restrictions on outdoor events is apparently likely, which would definitely be welcome.

Edited by The Great Stagsby

17 minutes ago, The Great Stagsby said:

Declan Drysdale, central defender signs on loan from Coventry City. ETA reading more, I think his full name might actually be “Declan on loan from Coventry City Drysdale”, as that is the story of his last couple of seasons, always to (often significantly) lower leagues in England. 22 years old. Hopefully he does well for us…??

Also lifting of restrictions on outdoor events is apparently likely, which would definitely be welcome.

Sounds like the kind of guy they might actually be able to sign.  Still need a full back and a striker.