The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, sophia said:

How exactly is that going?

The Jailend isn't exactly the biggest and these days not populated to any great degree. The self styled singing section as a fraction obviously houses a faction that is ill-founded and what period of time is required to put them on the square?

Honestly, I don’t know the answer, not hearing any rumours on the responsible person.

Honestly again, from a personal point of view I have never ever heard this sort of thing in the area I normally sit.

In the recent case, it clearly did happen and does require to be addressed.

Not that it should be an excuse, but, judging by the people there, they are young immature males, they have to understand that it is not acceptable behaviour.

Why would anyone record this and then post it, beyond me, immaturity springs to mind.

We are fairly blessed in the Highlands in that this type of behaviour is extremely rare, but there are some elements that leave the Highlands on Supporters Buses and do conduct themselves in that way.

18 hours ago, central staggie said:

How long is Alex Iacovitti out for? Watson, as much as he gives his all for the shirt probably isn't SPFL level and Donaldson seems to be out of the equation completely, so a CB appears a bit of a given.

Bit harsh, Watson could still handle League One.

On 30/12/2021 at 10:32, forkboy said:

Bit harsh, Watson could still handle League One.

Watson is fine as long as no passing and running are involved.

Edited by Comrie

2 hours ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

👏👏👏

I see he went out of his way to ingratiate himself with a section of support tainted by sectarianism.

(apologies if the enquiry has been completed and just like at Tannadice, no fault was found)

Gogic is an absolute hammer thrower of the highest order. No thanks.

Was always the one player on the Accies side that I wouldn’t want playing against us but since he’s moved to Hibs he seems to have struggled. He’d certainly bring a presence in the middle of the park and he’d thrive in the battles that we will no doubt be involved in come the end of the season.

Gogic would be decent for us , surprised at looking at a player for that position though as in my opinion cancola and tillson are good enough especially when rotated against teams to suit there different styles (tillson more combative, cancola more technically gifted)

24 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Harry Clarke apparently joining Hibs on a permanent deal

That’d be a bit of a coup for Hibs.  He’s by far County’s best centre back, full back and defensive central midfielder.  

My personal take is that his best position is by far at Right Back. He’s strong on the ball, a great carrier of it and a great 1v1 defender. He’s also quick and fit as a fiddle so has all the attributes for a “modern” fullback. He’s played centre half recently for County and whilst he’s not struggled, so to speak, he’s certainly looked fairly uncomfortable. That being said, he’s definitely capable at centre back and he’s quick and good in the air. Be a good signing.

I had him down as someone who'd fit well for our RCB (effectively CB in defence, RB in attack, needs an engine) position tbh.

I'd guess if Hibs are going 3-4-3 he'll play that role for them.