The General Ross County Chat Thread

So many frustrations to take away from that game today. Celtic didn’t have to work for any of the 5 goals which was what annoyed me most. Also, how many chances does Ross Stewart want to score in open play? He’s getting all the plaudits but he’s scored 2 goals this season; both from the spot. Obviously his link up play has been quality but his finishing has been woeful.

There was positives though, we are creating chances against even the best team in the league, just need to start taking them.

32 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Have we ever had a match day without a dedicated thread before, first time I've seen it happen? 

Complete apathy.  The novelty of top flight football, and whatever fun was ever connected with it, has drifted away.  There’s no fun in watching a badly coached team trying to keep the score to under five.

On 12/09/2020 at 22:10, Savage Henry said:

Complete apathy.  The novelty of top flight football, and whatever fun was ever connected with it, has drifted away.  There’s no fun in watching a badly coached team trying to keep the score to under five.

It was an entertaining game thought the staggies should've scored at least one goal,Paton looks a decent player and McKay was playing well before he went off.

Thought we played really well in all honesty. Definitely should have scored a couple, getting a bit fed up of Stewart so far this season. Scoreline flattered Celtic as they were nothing for long spells of the first half. Took all their chances though, which is exactly what we need to do to stay up this season.

Tedt event protocol was pretty simple and smooth, don't see why we couldn't have done it months ago. Collected tickets from the hut, queued at the Jail End gate, temp scanner and hand sanitiser, name and address checked and ticked off, then came in through the east stand turnstile after having my ticket checked again. Assigned seating and all seemed relatively normal.

14 hours ago, Aqy said:

Thought we played really well in all honesty. Definitely should have scored a couple, getting a bit fed up of Stewart so far this season. Scoreline flattered Celtic as they were nothing for long spells of the first half. Took all their chances though, which is exactly what we need to do to stay up this season.

Tedt event protocol was pretty simple and smooth, don't see why we couldn't have done it months ago. Collected tickets from the hut, queued at the Jail End gate, temp scanner and hand sanitiser, name and address checked and ticked off, then came in through the east stand turnstile after having my ticket checked again. Assigned seating and all seemed relatively normal.

I thought in the first half we were actually the better team, They had a competent keeper and we had Laidlaw. 

Second half we were poor though. Stewart is doing everything right apart from scoring and you're right it is getting a bit frustrating now. With Erwin going I wonder if there's room in our squad for a pure finisher, availability permitting of course.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve just picked up Joe Chalmers from you lads. Don’t think he was a starter for you last season but still any good?

He'll do well for you, He's one of those players that's a good championship player and nothing more. Got a good shot on him as well.

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

He'll do well for you, He's one of those players that's a good championship player and nothing more. Got a good shot on him as well.

You’re a bigger fan than I am.  I thought he was a Poundland Martin Woods.  Seemingly Ayr paid County - probably just enough to buy out his contract, but still.  Not a great loss at all.  Ayr fans should prepare to be massively underwhelmed.  

13 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

You’re a bigger fan than I am.  I thought he was a Poundland Martin Woods.  Seemingly Ayr paid County - probably just enough to buy out his contract, but still.  Not a great loss at all.  Ayr fans should prepare to be massively underwhelmed.  

Don't get me wrong, the championship is absolutely his level. His goal against Hibs is probably clouding my judgement a little bit, and I refuse to believe a poundland Martin Woods exists for the sake of humanity.

Edited by staggy1929

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve just picked up Joe Chalmers from you lads. Don’t think he was a starter for you last season but still any good?

He'll do fine in the second tier. Has a good left foot from range but other than that is fairly bog standard all round. 

1 minute ago, Comrie said:

He'll do fine in the second tier. Has a good left foot from range but other than that is fairly bog standard all round. 

I presume he'll be one of Ayr's top paid players, though.  I think he'll do fine as well, but he certainly won't stand out as perhaps their fans might reasonably expect.  

Anyway, that's two players out in the last week.  Do we think somebody might be coming in?

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I must admit that exact same thought crossed my mind.  

I wouldn't go near him tbh, clearly isn't bothered by football. 

We either need to get a proper out and out  striker who can finish or someone absolutely rapid to stretch defences. Dolly Menga as dopey as he can be at times could do a job for us. 

Genuinely can't think of anyone we could realistically sign at this point.

8 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

We either need to get a proper out and out  striker who can finish or someone absolutely rapid to stretch defences. Dolly Menga as dopey as he can be at times could do a job for us. 

Quite.

They still require a winger and at least one full back, for my money.

4 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

A left back more than anything else tbh! Reid is good but makes errors due to inexperience. Tremarco plays walking football.

If we're having to chase a game, I'd play Reid. He looks neat and tidy going forward. If we're going to be under the cosh, Tremarco is the better option despite his inability to run. Far better at reading the game.

5 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

We'll end up with Yoann Arquin returning.

10 hours ago, Comrie said:

If Stokes did sign I'd be 95% sure Ross Stewarr would be away.

I’m 95% sure he’s away anyway.  Kettlewell did everything in his power to encourage further bids without actually encouraging further bids.