The General Ross County Chat Thread

Just now, SJP79 said:

Sounds like they need to improve whatever kit they are broadcasting with, you got a decent internet signal ?

I'm right by a box, so I usually get between 65-75MB.

1 minute ago, Comrie said:

I'm right by a box, so I usually get between 65-75MB.

Thier end then, complain as they will need to improve the service moving forward if they are to keep the fans happy 

1 minute ago, SJP79 said:

Thier end then, complain as they will need to improve the service moving forward if they are to keep the fans happy 

The Accies stream was exactly the same. I'm not sure if it's in house of an external company doing it tbh

15 minutes ago, Comrie said:

The Accies stream was exactly the same. I'm not sure if it's in house of an external company doing it tbh

Probably sub contracted it out as you say, but needs sorted or  it wont pull the punters in for the one off games, mate i work with is a Hibs fan he was praising thier streaming service last night reckoned it was quality. 

Just now, frankthetank22 said:

I'm about as rural as it gets but my stream is working fine now. 

I emailed rcfctv.support@rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk to say WTF it's not working, to their credit they replied promptly and worked after a refresh. No quality issues here. 

Are you on the PPV link or the other one?

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

I'm about as rural as it gets but my stream is working fine now. 

I emailed rcfctv.support@rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk to say WTF it's not working, to their credit they replied promptly and worked after a refresh. No quality issues here. 

You're lucky, I tried to send them a message using their link on the rcfctv  page and it rejected my message as apparently my username was too long as it was over 15 characters. I'm sure yours is too as they selected the username.  I then emailed the support line tvsupport@rosscountyfc.co.uk to say that I had no video and as yet have had no response.   They may have responded to you promptly but they haven't responded to me at all. At £18 a game this is poor, as has been the quality of the streams. At £18 per game I expect HD streams not the poor quality we have been receiving. If you have any doubts about the quality compare it against  the BBC iplayer highlights, there are no ghost images of the ball on the BBC player streams.

The veneer is breaking....

Going by the highlights, it’s very hard to say whether the County penalty was indeed a penalty.  Other than that, from a County point of view, they seem to be playing a more expansive kind of game.  Gardyne looked to be playing more centrally, but there was a lot of fluidity of movement which was nice to see.

Going by the defending in the Motherwell vs Livingston game, there’s a chance that might be quite a successful ploy.

I had lots of issues with the stream on Wednesday - managed to log in fine unlike some, but stream quality was absolutely dire at 404p and it'd instantly die when manually switching to 1080. I ended up using the web browser on my Playstation to rule out any browser or wifi issues on my laptop and it was a bit more stable - still shite quality though.

I'll start moaning to them if tomorrow's game isn't any better.