The General Ross County Chat Thread

Don't buy into this whole panic over the fixture pile up. Professional footballers should be able to play twice a week no bother, combined with having by far the biggest squad in the division it shouldn't be an issue.

Dundee and Falkirk have to play one or two midweek games don't they?

Don't buy into this whole panic over the fixture pile up. Professional footballers should be able to play twice a week no bother, combined with having by far the biggest squad in the division it shouldn't be an issue.

Dundee and Falkirk have to play one or two midweek games don't they?

Dundee have to play:

Sat 11th

Sat 18th

Tue 21st *

Sat 25th

Sat 3rd

Sat 10th *

Sat 17th

Tue 20th

Sat 24th

Tuesday 21st could be moved to another midweek if Ayr-Falkirk needs a replay. Saturday 10th could also be moved to a midweek game if Ayr get through to the Scottish Cup QF. Dundee have the easiest schedule at the moment, with only 9 games to play in February and March. However they are scheduled to play Falkirk and then County in the same week.

Falkirk have to play:

Sat 11th

Tue 14th

Sat 18th

Tue 21st *

Sat 25th

Sat 3rd

Sat 10th *

Sat 17th

Tue 20th *

Sat 24th

As mentioned above, a replay against Ayr and the Dundee game is shifted to another midweek. A QF appearance and the game on the 10th March is shifted, with a replay also meaning their game on the 20th March is moved. 10 games in February and March isn't particularly hard going either.

That said, best case scenario is Ayr-Falkirk needing a replay and Falkirk ending up in the QF, before being knocked out in a replay.

I see Falkirk as County's main threat. Dundee are in with a shout but the loss of Rae is going to f**k their midfield.

I'm not overly concerned. It's obviously not ideal, but we have the depth in squad and also the desire at the moment to keep plugging away. We aren't behind with games in hand, needing to catch up, we're already ahead with the games in hand. We could actually afford to lose our two games in hand and still be a cool 5 points clear. It's a whole different ball game to a couple of years ago.

Two bits of news.

1. Our proposed summer gig at the stadium has fallen through. Apparently we were in for Snow Patrol, but the deal fell through and we've now half an eye on upgrading the stadium instead now anyway. Which leads me to...

2. We have applied to update our Stadium Expansion plans with the Council, and as such (and has been pointed out on OTB by one of the notified neighbours) the full plans are currently viewable HERE. I notice the wrap-around corners that were described to me aren't in it!

I haven't had a full butchers at it yet, but it looks like it shouldn't destroy the atmosphere of the place too bad. The Jailend looks to be getting left intact and just modified for seating. The East Stand is getting extended as expected along where the terrace is, but surprisingly at full height the same as the existing stand. And the away end looks to be the same size as the West Stand. All-in-all I don't think this will damage the look of the place at all and will look pretty smart when finished.

Where are the tea bars?

Could be a relief. If we get seats approximate to our normal standing positions it looks like there could be less between us and I don't want to suffer the potential repercussions of a haggis pie.

Where are the tea bars?

I'm without existing drawings so it's difficult for me to do many technical queries, but by my reckoning the Elevations on the Jailend only show the modifications (apart from the west elevation), and that the Tea-bar will remain there at present.

The away end Tea-bar (the one that sits by itself) has disappeared, but there is a development being added to the very end of the West Stand, which i would hazard a guess may contain a Tea-bar.

The Tea-bar in the new bit on the East Stand has disappeared entirely though, and the drawings quite clearly show that it's quite simply not there. So I wonder what they're planning. Maybe they're going to land a temporary structure in the space between the East Stand and the North Stand, roughly where the old Les Taylor Suite used to be.

Edited by Spain

It seems on paper pretty sympathetic to maintaining the character of the ground. Slight loss of capacity from 6,900 down to 6,084 all seated.

The Jail End is same dimensions as before = 9 rows of seats. All accessed from the front and gangways front to back every 25 seats or so. Plus the same gangway running right along the back behind the back row of seats.

Away (North /Jubilee) End is a bit bigger with 15 rows, and accessed from stairs coming up through from behind.

Just need to win the league now. unsure.gif

Go County!

Just noticed:

Gents toilets imply that 25 urinals and 3 WCs require 6 handbasins.

No worse than most of the bogs in Scottish grounds perhaps. But this implies we wash our hands in less than a quarter of the time we take to pee.

Assuming we DO wash our hands (you know who you are you bacteria-harbouring mingers)- Is this equation hygienic?

Edited by Les Westander of County

I can't be bothered looking through it again, but the toilets were for the away end were they not? I.e. for dirty C*ley b*****ds and OF fans and the like, hence why they probably needn't have bothered with any sinks at all. :ph34r:

I wonder if the SPL would pull a fast one should Hibs finish last.

I'm not quite up to date with the regulations but if Ross County have to stadium share for a short while in a compliant and hygienic facility, I'd be for helping out.

I wonder if the SPL would pull a fast one should Hibs finish last.

I'm not quite up to date with the regulations but if Ross County have to stadium share for a short while in a compliant and hygienic facility, I'd be for helping out.

Its a very kind offer, but I don't think whatever women's refuge you squat in down near the ferry will be SPL complaint ph34r.gif

Comment on Daily Record story about stadium plans:

Ross County have done really well to get where they are but Falkirk were refused promotion for not having their ground up to scratch and having no plans in place. They wouldn't have their large squad if they had spent the money on improving the ground and then maybe wouldn't be top of the league. They used to be the poor relations of the Highland League and historically even Elgin City were a huge club in comparison with them with a far bigger crowd potential. What they have achieved for such a wee club is amazing and I'm probably going to get hammered on these pages for saying so but maybe the SPL is a step too far?

GazFFC?

Anyway, story is here.

I've just had a look at the plans now. Generally, I'm quite delighted with the proposals. They look as good as can be reasonably expected.

However, a couple of comments:

1. I'd feel a little exposed, and a bit (more) of a dork, sitting in one of the seats that join the current east stand with the new east-south enclosure.
  2. The design statement details removing columns in the jail end, for a better view. The columns are still shown in the general plans. Which is it, a bit of both?

Edited by bunglebonce