The General Ross County Chat Thread

After making a arse of myself when McMenamin signed for you about his wages i have finally found out how much he is on.He is on £650 A WEEK we offered him £500 but the £150 a week extra and the extra year made it a easy choice for McMenamin..County are going for it this year but will have a huge wage bill.

You do of course have the (alleged) wages of one player, so you just assume that the entire squad is on that wage? Good stuff. I mean by all means share the evidence, but I think we can all safely assume that you don't actually know the facts - like most of us - so you won't mind if we ignore you, considering that you have already been called out publicly by a Ross County employee over making up statements regarding his wage.

Ross County, the next Gretna ! :lol:

1291057-thumbs_up_super.jpg

Edited by yoda

After making a arse of myself when McMenamin signed for you about his wages i have finally found out how much he is on.He is on £650 A WEEK we offered him £500 but the £150 a week extra and the extra year made it a easy choice for McMenamin..County are going for it this year but will have a huge wage bill.

One bitten, twice shy, surely?

Ross County, the next Gretna ! :lol:

Every time you say that it gets more and more hilarious.

From Colin M on twitter!!

Why is it important for people to know my wages. Again you've made an arse of it. What a tool

Tool is a good word by Colin. However I personally would go for Muppet or fanny or obsessed!!

You total chump

Edited by Dalrystag

Perhaps someone should explain to Colin McMenamin that fans like to know what their and their rivals' clubs are forking out on wages, it helps us understand who are taking gambles or cutting back, how to set expectations and who to expect challenging at season's end (seeing as money is strongly linked to success in club football at most levels).

You'd think after experiencing administration time after time he'd be all for financial accountability with the fans.

Perhaps someone should explain to Colin McMenamin that fans like to know what their and their rivals' clubs are forking out on wages, it helps us understand who are taking gambles or cutting back, how to set expectations and who to expect challenging at season's end (seeing as money is strongly linked to success in club football at most levels).

You'd think after experiencing administration time after time he'd be all for financial accountability with the fans.

What a load of nonsense.

Why should it be Colin or any other players responsibility to look after the finances of the club he plays for.

What a load of nonsense.

Why should it be Colin or any other players responsibility to look after the finances of the club he plays for.

Try reading the post again, I never claimed he should.

How can the fans grasp the finances of the club if players are getting precious about speculation? And it's increasingly incumbent on the fans to scrutinise the clubs (as we have seen all too clear at Dundee).

Edited by vikingTON

Our first pre-season friendly is a glamour tie at Dudgeon Park against Brora Rangers on Saturday 2nd July (2011).

Hopefully we sign a new player (preferably a winger) so we can punt Corcoran :)

They've made a big name signing as a coach :lol:

sort of agree

as fans i think we should get to know the overall player wage bill but not the individuals wage - thats between them and the club

sort of agree

as fans i think we should get to know the overall player wage bill but not the individuals wage - thats between them and the club

I don't really see why fans should know the wage bill any more than customers of Tesco and M&S should know the wage bill at those companies.

I think there's scope for suggesting shareholders should though, which in many clubs is the same thing.

I don't really see why fans should know the wage bill any more than customers of Tesco and M&S should know the wage bill at those companies.

I think there's scope for suggesting shareholders should though, which in many clubs is the same thing.

only cos of the nature of football clubs (same as some companies - couldnt u find that out at companies house anyway?).

its reasonable that overall figures should be public knowledge. ur employers will have a wages figure in their P&L accounts that will include urs - it just wont break it down to say SD earns £450k a year ;)

only cos of the nature of football clubs (same as some companies - couldnt u find that out at companies house anyway?).

its reasonable that overall figures should be public knowledge. ur employers will have a wages figure in their P&L accounts that will include urs - it just wont break it down to say SD earns £450k a year ;)

My employers are not a company so their accounts are not published anywhere.

Most football clubs ARE companies but in the SFL they will all be small companies so don't have to divulge payroll figures publicly. Most don't do it voluntarily.

My employers are not a company so their accounts are not published anywhere.

Most football clubs ARE companies but in the SFL they will all be small companies so don't have to divulge payroll figures publicly. Most don't do it voluntarily.

Interestingly, further to this, from next year all SFA licensed clubs will have financial details including payroll costs published by the SFA as part of the licensing arrangements apparently.