The General Ross County Chat Thread

Suppose. When and who is our first pre season game??

Our first pre-season friendly is a glamour tie at Dudgeon Park against Brora Rangers on Saturday 2nd July (2011).

Hopefully we sign a new player (preferably a winger) so we can punt Corcoran :)

Our first pre-season friendly is a glamour tie at Dudgeon Park against Brora Rangers on Saturday 2nd July (2011).

Hopefully we sign a new player (preferably a winger) so we can punt ceremoniously sacrifice Corcoran :)

:rolleyes:

Just lock him away in a room with a mirror on each wall for 6 months and keep him away from the sunbeds, the sight of seeing himself going peely white would be torture for him.

haha! laugh.gif sold! will take a lot longer, but will also spare me see some horrific times, strong work!

This sums the Ross County Facebook page up well...

Ivan Zhykhariev: I want vagabond Hagreaves to play for us but we cannot pay him fancy money.

Shaun Patrick Campbell: Is that Vagabond hagreaves any good and who does he play for?

:lol:

Edited by staggy4life

I'll guess Stuart Kettlewell was the fittest of pre-season day 1 due to having the new nickname of Haile Gebrselassie.

Kettlewell doesn't have an ounce of fat on him. I wonder who was the least fittest, the club's Marc Corcoran to Kettlewell's Gebrselassie (spelling copyright of R. Brittain)? There is a picture of Michael Fraser really, really struggling in the running.

I see Michael McGovern is training with us, with a view to a contract, now I know he wants to move to the central belt. He would obviously be number 2.

Now he played for us once and coat us the league to Gretna, now that was a long time ago and I have ony seen him live in the flesh 3 or 4 times. So what is he really like??

I see Michael McGovern is training with us, with a view to a contract, now I know he wants to move to the central belt. He would obviously be number 2.

Now he played for us once and coat us the league to Gretna, now that was a long time ago and I have ony seen him live in the flesh 3 or 4 times. So what is he really like??

He's a very good shot-stopper, although if a ball goes to his left he can be a bit suspect - he tends to dive onto his stomach if the ball goes to his left. Not the best at commanding his area, and he doesn't always come for a cross but when he does he will get it 8 times out of 10. The other two times he will drop the ball, but he usually gets away with it. Sometimes his decision making is ridiculous, but usually he is spot on.

A good goalkeeper to have as back-up in the lower-reaches of the SPL. He was among the best goalkeepers I have seen at Victoria Park (if not the best) and he was easily in the top four or five goalkeepers in the First Division the past two seasons in my opinion.

Well im hoping that the likes of Wood will still be punted to free up some room for some more signings. This boy from Clyde looks quite a decent player actually.

After making a arse of myself when McMenamin signed for you about his wages i have finally found out how much he is on.He is on £650 A WEEK we offered him £500 but the £150 a week extra and the extra year made it a easy choice for McMenamin..County are going for it this year but will have a huge wage bill.

After making a arse of myself when McMenamin signed for you about his wages i have finally found out how much he is on.He is on £650 A WEEK we offered him £500 but the £150 a week extra and the extra year made it a easy choice for McMenamin..County are going for it this year but will have a huge wage bill.

Yeah, HUGE. HUGE!