The General Ross County Chat Thread

I don't have that much of a problem with it. Everyone probably has a fair idea where they stand, some detail might depend on what position we potentially finish making both the club and the player better off. Incentify and all that pish.

You never know he could do a U-turn. Am I right in saying there's no such thing as an actual written pre-contract or have I just made that up? :blink:

Terry Butcher has often said that they are not binding. I have never seen or heard of anyone backing out of a pre contract agreement. I dare say RB moved as he is getting more money. He has a family and wife to think of. Ross County only have themselves to blame. Can't knock RB for going.

Terry Butcher has often said that they are not binding. I have never seen or heard of anyone backing out of a pre contract agreement. I dare say RB moved as he is getting more money. He has a family and wife to think of. Ross County only have themselves to blame. Can't knock RB for going.

Doubled his money with double the length of the contract, to a team that have been improving over the seasons. No-brainer in his position (recently married, nearing his 30s, etc)

Edited by dingdong1929

You never know he could do a U-turn. Am I right in saying there's no such thing as an actual written pre-contract or have I just made that up? :blink:

Think you are right. This next bits could be a load of shite but i am led to believe that with a pre-contract agreement, terms are discussed but nothing actually finalised nor is a contract signed - this is only done once the player's registration is finished as his previous club. I also believe that this allows for either party to withdraw (with reason)- ie if the player fails a medical or the player feels they have been mislead by a club etc

Edited by dazwesty89

Hopefully the one's that have proved their worth in the SPL this year get 2 year deals. It's tragic all of us talking about contracts every year between January and June. Suppose that's the way Scottish football is these days though .

Edited by staggy4life

• 2 weeks later...

Today's P&J update: Lawson wouldn't say no to extending his time in Dingwall.

Yippee :thumsup2 As influential in SPL as he was last year.

Hopefully the one's that have proved their worth in the SPL this year get 2 year deals. It's tragic all of us talking about contracts every year between January and June. Suppose that's the way Scottish football is these days though .

Del knows the players he wants and won't want them to slip from his evil grasping tendrils.

He already ate Richie Brittain's mojo so won't miss him.

Signing up Paul Lawson would be a tremendous boost. I think we could risk and offer players two year deals. As either Morton or Partick coming up would be as weak as Dundee. Although both Partick and Morton have some really good players like Erskine and Tidser that are better than anything Dundee have.

Lawson was signed in the Second and at each stage Ross County have improved Lawson has matched the improvement and been an influential player at each stage. He was really good in the Second but with the signing of Richie Hart and Richie Brittain I didn't think he would get much game time, but at the end of that season he had forced his way into the side and was a first pick ahead of either.

I am still a bit amazed that we controlled that Semi Final without his influence. We certainly missed him in the final, we only appeared to threaten once he came on for Craig. Although I think the omission of Kettlewell to disrupt the fluid passing of Bauben and Gomis hindered us more.

At the start of the season we were reliant on being hard to break down, and we didn't help ourselves when balls out of defence by Tokely, Munro and Boyd were often giving possession back to opponents inviting further attacks. The St Mirren 5-4 game epitomised this. By coming deep and allowing the simple pass to him from defence and using his ability to pick a pass, allows us to retain possession and utilise the strength of our midfield. The St Mirren 4-1 game epitomises this.

I think everyone will be happy to see the people in the First Team currently be signed up quickly for next season and hopefully the season after.

I see the Inverness Supporters Club are having their POTY awards/dance on 30th March after the home game v Killie.

Seems ridiculously early but its the last definite home game before the split so understandable that they had to book a hotel, band etc..

POTY at this stage is very difficult, so much more still to happen, but so far surely Vigurs, Brittain, Boyd, Quinn?

Lawson and Sproule on current form, but at this point not played enough games to justify the award, yet...

Thoughts?

Edited by StuartTaylor