The General Ross County Chat Thread

"I need a Hain-ault!"

Stick an "n" in there and it works!

On an 80s theme:

There's a boy, I know, he's the one I dream of

Looks into, Munro's eyes, takes him to the clouds above

When he loses, control, he heads against his own crossbar

When I wake, from my beating, tell me if it's really love.

Edited by bunglebonce

Stick an "n" in there and it works!

On an 80s theme:

There's a boy, I know, he's the one I dream of

Looks into, Munro's eyes, takes him to the clouds above

When he loses, control, he heads against his own crossbar

When I wake, from my beating, tell me if it's really love.

Done x

Is that a reference to Ross Tokely or Bobby Brown? Both are sound shouts.

If you could fit in a line about "crossing the white line" or "the crack/craic" we could develop this further. I'm not saying we will, just that we could... :unsure:

And we say OTB has gone to the dogs.

I didn't ;)

Edit to add: That reminds me, I was speaking to DalryStag last night and pointed out that Oikonomou can inherit McMenamin's Muppet's song.

Not that I'm prissy about these things, but I started that chant a few times at St Mirren last week. Perhaps doing that before McMenamin had actually left was a bit harsh, but even so... ;)

Not that I'm prissy about these things, but I started that chant a few times at St Mirren last week. Perhaps doing that before McMenamin had actually left was a bit harsh, but even so... ;)

To be fair, I was up north (working until just before KO) and DS was somewhere in the French Alps, so we both have good reasons for not being aware of this ;)

Any updates on Hainualt's Visa?

How can Celtic get an instant Visa for an Australian internationalist straight away and we can not get on for a player from a country ranked 5 places above Scotland in the Fifa rankings?

edit to add= Are we bound by end of the month? I am sure Del said it is a race against time, but he isn't attached

Edited by Capital_stag

Any updates on Hainualt's Visa?

How can Celtic get an instant Visa for an Australian internationalist straight away and we can not get on for a player from a country ranked 5 places above Scotland in the Fifa rankings?

edit to add= Are we bound by end of the month? I am sure Del said it is a race against time, but he isn't attached

Well, Celtic are a reputable employer as far as immigration folk are concerned. Also, their deal will have been lined up for months.

Hainult Sunshine needs to be registered with the SFA by the end of the month, but he can't be registered without a Visa, (or something; Skyline Drifter will know better, possibly). I think the club have messed up here and wouldn't be at all surprised if it fell through entirely.

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the club thought that the standard international clearance was enough, without realising that a work permit is needed for non-EU players, leaving them to scramble through a procedure that they've probably never done in the last moment.

I thought at the time that I'd be surprised if Hainault got a work permit. I don't think he'll sign, but it should be good if he does.

Edited by bunglebonce

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the club thought that the standard international clearance was enough, without realising that a work permit is needed for non-EU players, leaving them to scramble through a procedure that they've probably never done in the last moment.

I thought at the time that I'd be surprised if Hainault got a work permit. I don't think he'll sign, but it should be good if he does.

He has already had a work permit, for the UK from a couple of years ago when he almost signed for Crystal Palace. They felt that it was just a case of it being renewed.

I'm under the impression that he returned to Cananda last week to get it sorted from that end....

I think they've screwed this up as well. That being said, the guy posting on OTB as his father seems very excited about Wednesday's game.

Could Uncle Roy not get Hainault a permit to work a cushy job at Global and he can then play for County as a ringer, a la Mr Burns' baseball team?

Homer_at_the_Bat.jpg

Uncle Roy had done it, the County team had won it....

He has already had a work permit, for the UK from a couple of years ago when he almost signed for Crystal Palace. They felt that it was just a case of it being renewed.

I'm under the impression that he returned to Cananda last week to get it sorted from that end....

Well that's certainly not the case. I'd be amazed if the club felt that, to be honest. Working Visas are either used or lost.