The General Ross County Chat Thread

frankly I don't care what the club says, negotiations with him should have begun long before he could talk to other clubs), losing Vigurs will compound that, so lets work at getting other important players to stay.

County were third bottom and six points ahead of Dundee six weeks ago. That's when contracts should be reviewed, ideally, so that there is still time to win the player over if possible.

I worry that while the club are actively looking for new players, the current ones might be speaking to other clubs. That is not to say that there are not any negotiations happening just now, just that we don't hear about that until they're close to being/have been done.

Edited by bunglebonce

I've been told that the policy at the club in the summer was to "give all the players who got us to the SPL time to prove themselves there", whereas now those that haven't are being cut free to allow us to "build for life in the SPL".

By that I mean, it appears this was always part of the plan.

Roy more or less said as much in his last P&J piece. You can see why they wanted to give these players a chance, I'm just glad we managed to stay ahead of Dundee until January!

With McMenamin gone, I would like another striker. If The Wolf turns out to be rubbish, that leaves Glen, Morrow and Ross, not enough imo.

Roy more or less said as much in his last P&J piece. You can see why they wanted to give these players a chance, I'm just glad we managed to stay ahead of Dundee until January!

With McMenamin gone, I would like another striker. If The Wolf turns out to be rubbish, that leaves Glen, Morrow and Ross, not enough imo.

I have faith in the wolf. With a nickname like that he's got cult hero written all over him. At 6 foot 1 let's hope he can hold the ball up too, we were lacking that quality in the first half of the season IMO

I wonder if The Wolf has been issued with the number 9 shirt or not? I notice the pics in the paper don't show a squad number on his jacket like the rest... maybe they were waiting for McMenamin to go before registering his squad number, or maybe I'm looking too much into things.

It said in one of the papers that Del was looking at all positions for strengthening, so who knows what he's still planning. Maybe he's looking at 6 month deals as a kinda trial thing for replacements. If Munro and Tokely both leave to Brora as rumoured in the summer, we'd need another defender for cover (ala Tokely), assuming we'd keep Hainault as Munro's replacement. Alternatively maybe he's going to go more attacking and look at an immediate replacement for Corcoran?

I have faith in the wolf. With a nickname like that he's got cult hero written all over him. At 6 foot 1 let's hope he can hold the ball up too, we were lacking that quality in the first half of the season IMO

Yup. The Wolf is going to be the man. He's like a wonderful version of that big Polish chap from back in the day.

Yup. The Wolf is going to be the man. He's like a wonderful version of that big Polish chap from back in the day.

Majiec Nuckowski was horrific awesome. 8)

I presumed Vigurs was due a 6-yellow ban after his booking last Saturday, but he is not listed on the SFA suspension list today..

I forgot about that. Do yellow accumulations take immediate effect?

The worst of many though. OTB used to be great for reasonable rumours and sensible discussions. Now it's just a pissing contest. dry.gif

agree with all comments about OTB, but the sensible posters need to keep active and hopefully lauchlan/H29/ TJ stags will calm down or bugger off.

Jailender has worked hard on the site, so we should keep supporting it..

I rarely venture onto OTB these days. I really lost interest in it after the absolute roasting the team got after they lost 5-1 to Hamilton. Del to be sacked, Munro is a shite caley reject etc etc. Very poor.

I wonder if The Wolf has been issued with the number 9 shirt or not? I notice the pics in the paper don't show a squad number on his jacket like the rest... maybe they were waiting for McMenamin to go before registering his squad number, or maybe I'm looking too much into things.

It said in one of the papers that Del was looking at all positions for strengthening, so who knows what he's still planning. Maybe he's looking at 6 month deals as a kinda trial thing for replacements. If Munro and Tokely both leave to Brora as rumoured in the summer, we'd need another defender for cover (ala Tokely), assuming we'd keep Hainault as Munro's replacement. Alternatively maybe he's going to go more attacking and look at an immediate replacement for Corcoran?

This is something I've been wondering. Are these guys, especially Hainault since he was on a free and just finishing up the MLS season, on 6 month deals? I haven't seen anything about contract length at all.

Sad to see McMenamin go, but he looked average at best in his few games this year.

This is something I've been wondering. Are these guys, especially Hainault since he was on a free and just finishing up the MLS season, on 6 month deals? I haven't seen anything about contract length at all.

Sad to see McMenamin go, but he looked average at best in his few games this year.

I've definitely seen it mentioned that Hinault was only signed until the summer somewhere. I think I read Ikonomou was the same, with Sproule getting 18 months.

I don't know what's worse, the pun or the prospect of dd's panny 90s indie detector going off. laugh.gif

I still have horrible thoughts about that Mansun techno mashup.

:lol:

Oh god, I forgot about this. Sorry folks for what's inevitably about to follow... :ph34r:

By the way, liking the new display pic. :thumsup2

Edit to add: That reminds me, I was speaking to DalryStag last night and pointed out that Oikonomou can inherit McMenamin's Muppet's song.

Edited by Spain

I was actually goin for a bit of 80s power vocals this time.... I have a rich and varied taste in music.

"I need a Hain-nault!"

"I'm holding out for a Hainault till the end of the night!"

"He's gotta be strong!"

"And he's gotta be fast"

"And he's gott be fresh from the fight"

"I need a Hainault"

Then the Doo-Doo's. Could be phenomenal.

Fuckin love Bonnie Tyler, Welsh maverick.

Edited by dingdong1929

I have a Paul Lawson song too...

"We Love Paul Lawson

He's got a big fat ass

We love Paul Lawson

He can pick a pass

We Love Paul Lawson

Trust in us when we saaay

We Love Paul Lawson

He'll score from 30 yards

We Love Paul Lawson

Hes a superstar

We Love Paul Lawson

We dont care if this makes us gaaay

We Love Paul Lawson!"

Repeat to fade

Kind of continues my gay gym soundtrack theme, the song I'm ripping off is fine, but the last line might not be.

Here's the wee mafia thug bitch singing it himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj70mXG3E1M