The General Ross County Chat Thread

ABSOLUTELY NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE ELSE ON HERE... but if Spain and Bunglebonce - the brains of our support, let's face it - aren't able to work it out with just one clue, then it must be time for a helpful hint.

Helpful Hint Number 1: Turn the picture into an instruction.

There are a maximum of two more helpful hints still to come if needed.

Sit on yer arse.

Sernas?

(in a bad east european accent: sir-nee-yas)

The 'turning it into an instruction' bit doesn't require as much work as that, and it will not give you the final answer. Just a simple instruction, in simple English.

I wasn't trying to guess; I was picking up on Spain's information.

I gave up long before that.

Indeed, the absence of a guess suggested you hadn't worked it out yet. I bet you'll win the race anyway, though. You or Spain. Or dingdong will start reeling off the entire squad one by one in a race to get it first and make me think he's cleverer than you.

Edited by The Great Stagsby

The 'turning it into an instruction' bit doesn't require as much work as that, and it will not give you the final answer. Just a simple instruction, in simple English.

Indeed, the absence of a guess suggested you hadn't worked it out yet. I bet you'll win the race anyway, though. You or Spain. Or dingdong will start reeling off the entire squad one by one in a race to get it first and make me think he's cleverer than you.

Aye, leuan had already guessed Sernas, so wasn't an entirely serious answer. Had a hunch the instruction would be simpler than that!

Is also the only player I've guessed so far, "Chair man" and "Sid" being my other not entirely serious answers.

I've no idea so far though, so will probably just reel off folk as you say.

Starting in goals: 'Mark Brown' as it is Jockney rhyming slang for "Sit Down". Just like "Off for an Eartha Kitt" means "Off for a Shit".

#feelingconfident.

(don't worry, I wont ruin this by actually listing the squad, I'm not that much dafter than Spain and BB ;) )

Edited by dingdong1929

If you want tedious, then here it comes:

Is it James (Jamie) Reckord? As the song "Sit Down" was the most famous RECORD by the band JAMES?

Genius!

Do you mean tenuous rather than tedious?

I've got an equally tenuous one, but may PM Stagsby with it (if you're wrong, but I reckon you have a decent shout) as we are running out of players!

Edited by dingdong1929

If you want tedious, then here it comes:

Is it James (Jamie) Reckord? As the song "Sit Down" was the most famous RECORD by the band JAMES?

Tenuous? TTEENNUUOOUUSSS, you say? Compared to Darvydas Sore-ass and someone somewhere in the bench-warmer category? It couldn't be more direct. 'Sit down' = a James record. You're just saying that because it took you thirteen actual years* to work it out.

Yes, you are right.

Yes, I am seething.

*possibly meant to say "a few actual hours".

:lol: I'm sorry, Sir Stagsby of Greatness. I just didn't imagine I was actually going to be right, I thought it was only me (okay, and dingdong) who constantly hark back to 90's indie. Next we'll be having Cast - Alright, for our casT-ALL RIGHT back Marcus Fraser :lol:

Edit: Yes it was the only one I could come up with quickly enough. Still trying to wedge The Wannadies or Dodgy in there somewhere. I guess Kiss could have been Dodgy's "Staying out for the Summer".

Edited by Spain

:lol: I'm sorry, Sir Stagsby of Greatness. I just didn't imagine I was actually going to be right, I thought it was only me (okay, and dingdong) who constantly hark back to 90's indie. Next we'll be having Cast - Alright, for our casT-ALL RIGHT back Marcus Fraser :lol:

I was going to put Mansun 'Wide Open Space' for our centre midfield.

BungleBonce fucking loves that terrible Perfecto remix.

Loves it.

Edit: Yes it was the only one I could come up with quickly enough. Still trying to wedge The Wannadies or Dodgy in there somewhere. I guess Kiss could have been Dodgy's "Staying out for the Summer".

I think he was covering his arse in case he was wrong.

It was a very good clue, you did very well Stagsby.

big-bang-there-there.gif

I'm welling up. You've made me so welcome here, thank you.

I'll give you both a greenie tomorrow*, all out for today**.

*may not actually happen.

**may not actually be true.

Enough of this friendly camaraderie, here's another cryptic word clue.

Which player is this?

"That's my visible mass of precipitation", said Jeremy.

Kyle MacLeod.

I hope that's right, my friendly comrade :wub:

ETA:

my visible mass of precipitation - my lump of rain that you can see - ma cloud.

Jeremy - a famous c**t called Jeremy, is Jeremy Kyle - Kyle.

Kyle MacLeod

Edited by dingdong1929