The General Ross County Chat Thread

Better late than never, but courtesy of Ed on OTB, this is the progress at the moment:

DSC_0001_zps9c925a9b.jpg

DSC_0006_zpsd732a450.jpg

DSC_0004_zps9f6387a1.jpg

Thanks......thought my request had fell on deaf ears!!

Looks like there are a few restricted viewing seats next to the office/sports hall section of the older part of the stand?

How many extra seats are being added and what will the capacity be once complete?

Edited by Mustafa_sheet

Thanks......thought my request had fell on deaf ears!!

Looks like there are a few restricted viewing seats next to the office/sports hall section of the older part of the stand?

How many extra seats are being added and what will the capacity be once complete?

Not at all, we were all waiting on someone uploading some pictures.

There's a handful of restricted view seats in the top corner, but they're not too bad. Generally if you stand up or lean forward you can see everything except maybe the corner takers.

I can't remember the exact figures, but from memory we'll be over the 6,700 mark.

Anyway, here's another pic courtesy of TJE on Twitter a couple of days ago.

BPKYbxaCEAAnrhb.jpg

Better late than never, but courtesy of Ed on OTB, this is the progress at the moment:

DSC_0001_zps9c925a9b.jpg

Going by the seats in that photo it looks like Victoria Park has been staging Old Firm Under 18 games over the summer.

Highlights of the Nairn - County game:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/70475966

Good 15 minutes, including interviews with managers. Well better than I expected! Some good goals in there, with Sproule's a great off the ball run and nice finish.

My highlight was around 10:45mins in when Sproule sprints past the camera making rabid dog/panting rapist noises. The lad was working hard, but those were not natural sounds.

Edited by dingdong1929

Micic looked at ease. Glen hardly featured but for his volley that hit the post. He really needs to do more with the central role he is given. Luckassen's touch and Sproule's finish were class.

Don't overly agree, felt Glen did well 1st half and faded away when he got put out wide in the 2nd....

I'll qualify what I said earlier because Glen's low flick into the penalty area for Cooper's first half chance was clever, and his dummy had a part to play in Maatsen's assist for Sproule. He was credited for the cross for Ross's header, but it was Cooper. I think that's the most constructive that he has been in the two friendlies I've seen in the flesh and the highlights that have been published, but it's not especially promising for the season ahead. It helped that he had someone up front with him, but County rarely play with two centre-forwards.

It's all relative: you've got to compare him to the other forwards. I've never seen Glen pull off the bending run and shot that Luckassen did for his goal. Luckassen has scored five goals in the friendlies; Glen has hit the post and hasn't much looked like scoring apart from that.

How are ticket sales for the Man U XI game? Thought I couldn't go but looks like I can make it now, I assume ill get a ticket no bother?

At least 2,000 tickets available I understand.

On another point- Hopefully we can get a no10 signed up over the next few days. I think Del and George are putting some major efforts in that area.

At least 2,000 tickets available I understand.

On another point- Hopefully we can get a no10 signed up over the next few days. I think Del and George are putting some major efforts in that area.

Any idea of the squad united are likely to bring? It's a lot of time and money for me for a preseason friendly agaist a youth team. Will probably go anyway though.

A bit distant, but our first glimpse of the West Stand changes. Looks like the dugouts have been changed to new seating aswell as the media seats. All a bit grey in the middle now!

BPhp9nWCYAAWKcC.jpg

(Pic courtesy of Melvin de Leeuw on twitter).