The General Ross County Chat Thread

I see that Roy MacGregor was saying on Radio Scotland tonight that County are in talks with Derek Adams about extending his contract.

He's already got 15 months or so of his contract to go, but would be good to get him tied down for another year or so

Yep, and I'm hearing that player contract negotiations may have started, with Oiko already pointing out he's keen to stay. Plenty of good news on the way hopefully.

I would genuinely be gobsmacked if Del takes the poisoned chalice. There's more work to be done here at County. Interweb whataboutery tells us he would be on 3x his salary at Aberdeen but money isn't everything. Another season with us, and essentially, another good season could see offers coming from down south. He might have enjoyed playing for the Dons but I don't think there are many who enjoy managing the Dons.

I would genuinely be gobsmacked if Del takes the poisoned chalice. There's more work to be done here at County. Interweb whataboutery tells us he would be on 3x his salary at Aberdeen but money isn't everything. Another season with us, and essentially, another good season could see offers coming from down south. He might have enjoyed playing for the Dons but I don't think there are many who enjoy managing the Dons.

^^^^^^ Shiteing it.

;)

I like how everyone calls the Job the poison challis. If he's as good as County fans say he is then there's absolutely no reason he can't acheive what he's done at County

Throw in the facts that:

- He'll be in front of bigger crowds

- He'll be on more money

- He'll have more money to spend on building a squad.

You are talking about the same Derek Adams who left to take an Assistant Managers job aren't you? You'd have to imagine he would be very tempted to go to Aberdeen but it depends on what kind of package they can put together to get him onboard.

I like how everyone calls the Job the poison challis. If he's as good as County fans say he is then there's absolutely no reason he can't acheive what he's done at County

You won't hear me call it that - he's more than capable of doing a good job at Aberdeen. I tend to be a pessimist, but I'd be surprised if he was approached - on his terms - and he turned it down.

I can't see a better fit for Aberdeen and their board would be daft to not do go out of their way to get him.

I've commented on it plenty on other threads, but I'm pretty confident his next job won't be in an Easterly direction.

Is Willie Miller still at Aberdeen? If that's the case then I'm pretty certain at least George Adams would not be going there.

Is Willie Miller still at Aberdeen? If that's the case then I'm pretty certain at least George Adams would not be going there.

He left last year.

If Adams is offered the job, I think he'd take it imo.

He left last year.

If Adams is offered the job, I think he'd take it imo.

To summarise what I've posted a number of times already. George will not go back under the current regime. Derek apparently won't go there without George.

McLeish will do a decent enough job though.

Are you in the know, Spain?

And it's Derek they'll be after, not George.

Are they joined at the hip?

1. I have pretty high up contacts but generally don't put my neck in a noose with these things unless I'm sure. I'm only about 80% on this though, as I have been stung before with this kind of thing changing at the 11th hour.

2. See my third sentence of the previous post.

3. They're not, but the fact it's a father/son job is one of the reasons Del gets this massive amount of control and freedom that he keeps going on about. They work very well together, and Del wants to maintain this partnership. The stint at Hibs has really put him off other clubs.

Edited to add: If you're meaning am I "in the know" at Aberdeen, then no my contacts don't extend that far. My McLeish comment is just a gut feeling.

Edited by Spain

So what if a championship or premiership club was to come in for Adams? He wouldn't jump ship because of his relationship with hi old man. I very much doubt it.

For what it's worth I've heard neither Adams nor his dad are exactly popular around Pittodrie.

So what if a championship or premiership club was to come in for Adams? He wouldn't jump ship because of his relationship with hi old man. I very much doubt it.

For what it's worth I've heard neither Adams nor his dad are exactly popular around Pittodrie.

With all due respect, a Premiership or Championship team would be a very different proposition from Aberdeen. I think Adams might well end up at Pittodrie one day, but I think with what he is in the midst of in Dingwall just now, it'd take something special to entice him away at the end of this seasone, especially if, by some quirk of fate, we're involved with the E-word (don't want to jinx it!) next season