The General Ross County Chat Thread

From the way county have gone about things this window, it doesnt look like they are just trying to stay up, they seem to be looking above them now so I cant understand why there hasnt been any mention of renewals at all.

The Wolf is not completely "in shape" at the moment, suggested that he's carrying a bit more weight than he should be. But as I said in the January Transfers thread, he's apparently that big and strong that once he gets the ball, he's very difficult to get it back from.

I've only seen recent pictures of the wolf man (I'm sticking to it) from the shoulders upwards, but he does have a hint of a jowl.

Hainault reminds me of a ginger Freddie Flintoff.

_65242371_andre_hainault.jpg

While it's great to have Andre confirmed, can we get signing some of our own players up for next season now please?

Definitely. The longer we go into the new year, the more I think that the like of Vigurs and Lawson will be away. Maybe Boyd, Kettlewell, Quinn etc will stick around for more but It'd be super to have them all sign extensions - most of the players I wasn't bothered about keeping have already gone.

I just read through the first six pages of this thread.

I miss RCFC95.

Putting a winger like Smith on the right wing totally transforms the predictability of that team. Brittain early 09/10 would have been first choice with his goals and assists, but I honestly think his 'un-drop-ability' is holding the team back tactically. He isn't as good as Lawson in play-making and isn't as good as Duncan or Kettlewell as the water-carrier, so if he has to play it must be on the right side.

:unsure:

In fairness, he didn't have a very good 10/11 season.

I think Duncan's ten times the player Kettlewell is. Kettlewell's going to be back to his benchwarming role from the first half of last season.

I have no idea about Fraser, Swankie or this Hibs guy who is not going to play anyway.

Munro should be compared to the player he is directly replacing, which is McCormack/Flynn. Is he better than either of those? Not sure. He's just another undersized centre half.

Apologies to SH, but it's very easy to turn into Captain Hindsight when looking back at the start of this thread. :D

Apologies to SH, but it's very easy to turn into Captain Hindsight when looking back at the start of this thread. :D

Woah boy, I was even more wrong than usual.

I've said this before, but Kettlewell's the most improved player under Derek Adams' regime.

Russell Duncan was horrendous too, to be fair.

Yeah, I did see a few howlers by others as well. :ph34r:

Now that Jaggy Mac is a DAB, it's reminded me that Thistle have some very good players out of contact soon. Chris Erskine (who improves every time I see him) is probably the highest profile one, but their right-back O'Donnell is like a younger Gary Miller. I hope that Adams has a sniff at them.

Yeah, I did see a few howlers by others as well. :ph34r:

Now that Jaggy Mac is a DAB, it's reminded me that Thistle have some very good players out of contact soon. Chris Erskine (who improves every time I see him) is probably the highest profile one, but their right-back O'Donnell is like a younger Gary Miller. I hope that Adams has a sniff at them.

I've always liked that Steven Craig fellow. Scoring goals for fun with Partick don't you know. smartass.gifbiggrin.gif

Is Brian Graham out of contract with Raith at the end of the season? Always liked him.

You've been hiding for a while gringo!

Anyway, with 49 hours left until the transfer window closes hopefully we hear of some more movement soon. We're apparently definitely after a striker still, not sure who though. I suspect it'll either be a well known name (there were an abundance of Riordan rumours, but I would suggest we'd have heard more if it was someone high profile) or someone completely from leftfield like Wohlfarth. I suspect it'll be another one from elsewhere like Wohlfarth.

Could it be:

attachicon.gif2013-01-30 21.56.53.jpg

The wolf man's first autograph in Scotland (as pictured on the sponsored match ball)?

Lucky it's still there... John McGregor and Roy Bremner decided to have a wee game with it before giving it out. :lol:

PS. Something's happened to my well used ninja emoticon with the new forum, I don't like it :(:ph34r:

Edited by Spain