The General Ross County Chat Thread

I thought I'd dig up these gems from a few months back. Does Harry have the Euromillions numbers as well?

County have the infrustructure in place for the SPL - i.e. the funds and the plans to get the stadium up to standard. They represent the whole of Ross-shire (and beyond) so if they do win the league, yes they are big enough.

However, I can tell you (and this comes from a very very reliable source) that Terry Butcher will be making a January swoop for Munro, which could affect your season badly. This may be the signing that will save Butcher.

If we get relegated, it will cost us a heck of a lot more than £40,000. So, yes. Plus, I can reliably inform you that part of the new investment will fund Munro coming back. It is in the clause that they will invest if we make an offer.

Butcher will make a public statement that he got this one wrong and welcome him back with open arms - and yes, i'm sure a wage rise in the process.

Harry

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

It appears to be you that's struggling to grasp the dealings of the SPL, along with Mr McGregor, not me.

By March 31st you have to be able to prove either,

A:- All construction has been completed & signed off.

Or

B (1):- You need an agreement in place to ground share with an SPL club, As both Gretna & ICT did.

You seem to be taking it for granted that ICT will be an SPL club next season. If not, your next nearest port of call would be Perth or Aberdeen.

&

B(2):- If you start the season at said rented ground, it will be ½ a season before you can return home. So none of your opponents are disadvantaged. (As ICT did)

As far as I'm aware, all that we have been asked to do is have a bond in place big enough to cover 125% of the tender prices for the redevelopment.

You seem to misunderstand how the rules work in this situation. Let me explain:

SPL Rule 1: Blah blah blah.

SPL Rule 2: Blah blah blah.

Disclaimer: The above rules can be changed at the discretion of the SPL board and simply made up as we're going, hereby essentially rendering all previous rules pointless.

You seem to misunderstand how the rules work in this situation. Let me explain:

SPL Rule 1: Blah blah blah.

SPL Rule 2: Blah blah blah.

Disclaimer: The above rules can be changed at the discretion of the SPL board and simply made up as we're going, hereby essentially rendering all previous rules pointless.

Never the less, discretion or no discretion, it's likely they would insist on County playing half a season at Inverness if they play even a single game. That's what ICT themselves were made to do.

The goalposts were shifted to allow ICT to park their caravans back at the dump due to an outcry for the SPL to display some common sense more or less as soon as it was ready, and quite rightly too. In the current climate it would be daft not to put pressure on them to move a bit closer to realistic goals.

Never the less, discretion or no discretion, it's likely they would insist on County playing half a season at Inverness if they play even a single game. That's what ICT themselves were made to do.

It's true, they possibly would still implement that. But the point stands that they are apparently happy to let us develop our stadium over the summer and use it for our first home game if it is ready time, with groundsharing with ICT (be it for half a season) being merely a contingency plan.

Edited by Spain

• 2 weeks later...

These are the only two away games I'll be missing for the rest of the season. (I'll also be missing Falkirk at home of all things!)

I'm out of the country for the Falkirk and Partick games. dry.gif

Although to be fair, I'll be getting pished while snowboarding in Austria so swings and roundabouts 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Staggy4life will be bringing up the posts about Duncan being better than Kettlewell any moment now :P

He's not getting a look in, so it's fair for both parties. I thought Elgin would have been a better destination for him though. Peterhead appear to be shit.

Edited by yoda

Russell Duncan expected to sign a short term deal with Peterhead tommorow, bit dissapointed not to have seen more of him in a County shirt

Yes. Unlucky for him and a pity for County not to benefit from him. He needs to play so it's understandable. I would think County might have offered to loan him rather than lose him. But then we probably need to make way for higher quality now.

The other midfielders have just been too dang good. cool2.gif

Staggy4life will be bringing up the posts about Duncan being better than Kettlewell any moment now :P

He's not getting a look in, so it's fair for both parties. I thought Elgin would have been a better destination for him though. Peterhead appear to be shit.

http://www.overthebridge.info/showthread.php?tid=263

I posted this on OTB just as you posted on here. :P

Russell Duncan expected to sign a short term deal with Peterhead tommorow, bit dissapointed not to have seen more of him in a County shirt

Can't say I'm that bothered. He's neither a better striker of the ball than Lawson or Brittain, nor has the ability to burst forward like Kettlewell. I couldn't understand why County signed him in the first place.

Yes. Unlucky for him and a pity for County not to benefit from him. He needs to play so it's understandable. I would think County might have offered to loan him rather than lose him. But then we probably need to make way for higher quality now.

He must be going on "emergency loan" there's no other way he can leave County for Peterhead outwith a window.

I must admit, I thought it was a bit of an odd signing too considering the resources we already had in midfield, but I trusted Del had a plan in mind. I've been pretty unimpressed with him though any time that I've seen him. For example, the St. Mirren game he was sent out with the chance to prove himself, and just didn't do himself any justice. It's a shame it hasn't worked out for him, but it's no major loss.

While talking of central midfielders though, I'd like to point out that while he wasn't on the pitch for long against Partick, I was actually pretty impressed with Flynn playing there. He seemed confident enough on the ball, and the vision to play that through ball for Craig (the one he just ran out of time to get away before the keeper closed him down) was surprising. A possible new job for the big fellow?